ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
3d model in photoshop question for head textures
Hey guys I have photoshop extended with 3d and I had a few questions about using it to make head textures. First when you model the head (3D>New Mesh From Layer>Mesh Preset>Sphere) is there a quick way to toggle between that and the flat texture? I've been flattening the image, putting it in 3d and then ctrl-z ing it it's the worst. The other question is how do I make the lighting so that lights the whole texture instead of just half. I've been just adding more lights around the head but that's kindof a pain in the ass.
Thanks for the help!
Last edited by SendMeUrCrackers; Oct 26, 2015 at 09:00 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I donno if you have cs6 or cs5, but you can just press texture, open it up in a new tab and it will show the edits of the flat live on the sphere.
when I used extended Photoshop, I used to click the down arrow on the left side of the layer and clicked twice on the texture.
then opened a new window and edited the texture to see in a sphere.
thanks guys!
and then last thing does anyone know how to make good quality 3d spinning heads gifs in photoshop? I've been trying to find tuts but I never saw any.
Last edited by SendMeUrCrackers; Oct 27, 2015 at 08:40 AM.
What I do is duplicate everything and map one of them to a sphere.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Gif is by default poor quality, so, Impossible.
I wouldnt do videos with a simple spinning globe, do a png with some angles instead, or else, give a watermarked flat.
you can animate 3d objects like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_0iacv3v0
just instead of moving the object spin it 360 degrees and save as a gif with a loop. Its definitely possible.
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
Ezeth, he said good quality, gifs wont do the work.

.apng? Pretty sure browser support shouldn't be much of an issue with them these days and they don't look like crap.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you