Ranking
Original Post
Reputation System
So this is a general idea from other forums in the internet, it works perfectly and I think it should be implemented with the rules that staff would apply. All credits given to other forums. This will benefit the marketplace and recruitment for staff positions, clans, etc.

Reputation and Like/dislike system

As an artist myself, I would encourage the staff to apply this since this will help me & other people to have positive results when selling stuff.
Last edited by Theory; Sep 10, 2017 at 02:05 AM.

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
This was actually a thing before. I don't know why it was taken out but I don't really see it coming back.
ナゲット
What about the like system?

Former [Crooks]
Ok then, hopefully there's something similar implemented to this forum.

Former [Crooks]
ah yes, let's have this forum be occupied by rep/like whores again.

rep brought in: rep whores, rep spammers, people acting high n mighty when they had a lot of rep, people getting fucked over in markets because of course people with higher rep would get better deals n shit, etc.

not a good system
no use for the system either, has more negatives than positives
h
^

We already have a pretty bad problem of people being too high and mighty (even see this in the staff) without a rep system,
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by duck View Post
ah yes, let's have this forum be occupied by rep/like whores again.

rep brought in: rep whores, rep spammers, people acting high n mighty when they had a lot of rep, people getting fucked over in markets because of course people with higher rep would get better deals n shit, etc.

not a good system
no use for the system either, has more negatives than positives

I would actually argue on that rep/like system is bad and can't be properly used on TB forums. When it was a thing we had it enabled basically everywhere including barely moderated Clans/Orgs board. Plus the reputation was actually displayed on users' profiles which surely leads to rep whoring.

A system that only allows you to rate posts within specific board(s) might, on the other hand, be really helpful. Tutorials section and FAQ, Tech Support, even Discussions board - these all can profit from a well-thought post rating system.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
A system that only allows you to rate posts within specific board(s) might, on the other hand, be really helpful. Tutorials section and FAQ, Tech Support, even Discussions board - these all can profit from a well-thought post rating system.

I can agree that a like system could work in sections like Tutorials, FAQ, maybe even Tech Support, don't know how I feel about having it in discussion. People would probably just generally like what the agree with, dislike what they disagree with (or even worse, dislike posts by members they themselves don't like).

What would this system do tho? On sites like Youtube, likes push a comment further up the comment section, but that would pretty much just break the forums.

I could see this working if we could like threads, instead of posts. A filter could be included in a board showing threads in a ranked order, from top to bottom or vice versa. People would be able to see helpful tutorials fast, get quick help with tech problems if their problems have been solved before and good (or more pessimistically, better rated) discussion threads would get more coverage.
h