Ranking
Originally Posted by Pedant View Post
I'd like to start by saying that the below quote was posted by somebody who has no idea what he's talking about and could not possibly be affected, as he has no sort of power to speak of and so could not be demoted because of a small slip-up.

Actually i am a local moderator of 2 boards and a toribash blogger. I dont really care anyways because you took the quote out of context.

I was frustrated at rittu's demotion because he is a cool guy and a good moderator.
Originally Posted by Bloob View Post
Actually i am a local moderator of 2 boards and a toribash blogger.

That kind of proves his point. :P

Anyhow, rittu became smod again so I guess that is a good compromise.
There was too much drama and they probably had more reasons to remove his adminstrative position than this one incident.
He can still prove himself to be helpful and a valuable part of the staff .
How are you?
I know, I was just saying that i am not nothing. Its not like im important.

Anyways, this thread is getting offtopic and annoying. Closing.
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
You're right in that they were not discussing it all that much, but you're wrong to say it can't be discussed simply because it happens all the time. Same debate I had in that thread with rittu, actually.

If you go back and look again, I realized exactly what you were arguing, and shifted the topic to what we could do to prevent it; or, the lack of actions to do. Then it got closed, go figure.

I heard nothing of this and judging from the OBPT threads it has absolutely nothing to do with anything, including the Brazilian's outrage. Not sure where you heard this, though it is a ridiculous accusation.

I was told by SkulFuk that it was one of the reasons, via query. Seems pretty valid to me.

Actually one of the other given reasons was a pretty low level of activity in comparison with other admins.

It's ridiculous to compare the activity of the guy who runs Wibbles to a guy who administrates, say, Market. In Market, there is always something to do, and always something to get done. In Wibbles, I have to recruit Wibblecops. Make sure the Wibblecops are doing their jobs. Replace old Wibblecops. Moderate along with the Wibblecops. And that is all I have to do. Ever notice how often leaders of groups of people or things other than market are removed/replaced? It's because the higher-ups compare their activity to Market admins. And I will be bringing this up again.

I think a (possibly temporary) demotion to smod is about fair.

Being demoted due to a lack of communication, then not being fully reimbursed for it? That's fair? How exactly do they expect me to do any admin-related activities in Wibbles, ask another admin? No, that's asinine, and a bother for all involved.
Last edited by rittu; Apr 13, 2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: thaaaaaaaat