Toribash
Saying "I did it to survive" is attempting to justify the means.

When you justify the means you will do it again, thus robbing you of the ability to look elsewhere (IE; worksource (they will find you work, no matter your position), Library (go apply online to jobs there), etc. etc.)
Former Item Forger
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
Saying "I did it to survive" is attempting to justify the means.

When you justify the means you will do it again, thus robbing you of the ability to look elsewhere (IE; worksource (they will find you work, no matter your position), Library (go apply online to jobs there), etc. etc.)

i dont think you understand.
in america, no one hires black people, you have to be college educated to even have a chance.
Taking that into consideration what else are we supposed to do till then, by then OG's swooped them up and they are killing for money.

also, im not justifying at all, it is wrong, but when you leave a person with no other choice...
damn im gettin old
You said criminal behaviour was not misbehaving, so I feel like you are sorta saying it is just behaviour as well (e.g. trying to justify it). Sure crime can be more justifiable under certain circumstances, but it is still crime, and it helps build the stereotype which leads to police bias (if it exists, that is a discussion for another thread).
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
You said criminal behaviour was not misbehaving, so I feel like you are sorta saying it is just behaviour as well (e.g. trying to justify it). Sure crime can be more justifiable under certain circumstances, but it is still crime, and it helps build the stereotype which leads to police bias (if it exists, that is a discussion for another thread).

so your point is because people dont know how to not be biased people should have to suffer in poverty.

im not justifying at all, but when it comes down to it , when your in these situations wouldn't you act similarly. Everybody wants whats best for them, but sometimes you cant get whats best for you unless you sacrifice something, in this case it's morality.
damn im gettin old
No, because people aren't willing to suffer through poverty, people become bias towards those people. Without associative learning humans would be very stupid and probably very dead as well, so subconscious stereotypes forming is understandable, unfortunately some people can't keep this sort of thing from affecting their judgement. This is not justifiable, but it isn't the main cause of the high crime rates either.
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by Velair View Post
also, im not justifying at all, it is wrong, but when you leave a person with no other choice...

Look I don't think you know what "justifying" means mate, because what you are doing /is/ justifying it, and hell you are also condoning it...

By the way, black unemployment isn't doom and gloom.

Remember that blacks commit far far far more crime than any other demographic, so if it were true that people weren't giving criminals a chance, then their unemployment rate is much higher. And don't forget that blacks make up a tiny portion of USA.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Look I don't think you know what "justifying" means mate, because what you are doing /is/ justifying it, and hell you are also condoning it...

By the way, black unemployment isn't doom and gloom.

Remember that blacks commit far far far more crime than any other demographic, so if it were true that people weren't giving criminals a chance, then their unemployment rate is much higher. And don't forget that blacks make up a tiny portion of USA.

might want to use more up to date statistics

http://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm

also ,

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...decoverviewpdf
Last edited by Velair; Jul 4, 2015 at 03:07 AM.
damn im gettin old
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Do you understand that your mentality that "crime is OK if it helps me out" or "it's ok to fight cops because I'm black" puts you at odds with the rest of civilization? Civilization works because people follow the law, unfortunately people like you think it's OK to misbehave, hell you even justify it as "just getting by".

Do you know what poor people do in other countries (and non-black poor people in the US for that matter)? They follow the law.

You want people not to assume you are a criminal, yet you condone and justify criminal behaviour?

woah woah woah calm down there with that conclusion, I don't think he justifies criminal activity and behavior but instead a shows insight on why they do it.

as a person who grew up seeing crime, and has had people break into my house, i can easily see why they do it. and it's because of a lack of education and a disregard for minorities. this point is probably obvious and it's redundant for me to point it out, but i don't think blacks, hispanics or anybody else could literally just stop doing crime. simple solutions implemented on a scale of entire populations is easier said than done. and who in their right mind would defend crime like wtf, I think you misunderstand

also,a lack of education meaning not knowing how to apply for a job, not having skills that help socially and generally a common understanding of law in america, all thugs and gangsters know how to do is support themselves by one mean or the other
Last edited by Haunter; Jul 4, 2015 at 03:29 AM.

also ,

Dude. The first link showed that unemployment rates for blacks in 2014 are actually less than the figures Pig posted for 2010. Those statistics support Pig's argument, not yours.

The second link shows that blacks are responsible for 28.1% of crime. Pig's point is that that 28.1% is very disproportionate when compared with the population of blacks (13.2% of the population).

Might want to double check that you understand your sources (and/or the current argument) before posting.
Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
woah woah woah calm down there with that conclusion, I don't think he justifies criminal activity and behavior but instead a shows insight on why they do it.

and who in their right mind would defend crime like wtf, I think you misunderstand

Reread his post.

I cropped out the extremely racist parts though lol. I'm surprised he wasn't banned, probably got some nice infraction points for it tho...
No one misbehaves in the ghettos. If you had read what aracoon said, you'd realize in the ghetto, it isn't misbehaving it's getting by.

and it really is that bad, you ever been shot at going to the store? You ever been robbed of the phone your dad had to work hard for? You ever wore the same clothes 5 days in a row?

and maybe if police didn't automatically assume because im brown i have 3 guns and 11lbs of some drug on me we wouldn't have to fight them.

He's saying not only that it's ok to commit crime, but that it's normal and to be expected.

Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
as a person who grew up seeing crime, and has had people break into my house, i can easily see why they do it. and it's because of a lack of education and a disregard for minorities. this point is probably obvious and it's redundant for me to point it out, but i don't think blacks, hispanics or anybody else could literally just stop doing crime. simple solutions implemented on a scale of entire populations is easier said than done.

also,a lack of education meaning not knowing how to apply for a job, not having skills that help socially and generally a common understanding of law in america, all thugs and gangsters know how to do is support themselves by one mean or the other

Uh, are you reading what you are saying?

"I don't think blacks, hispanics or anybody else could literally just stop doing crime"
Um for real? Blacks and Hispanics are not criminals-by-genetics, of course they could just not commit crimes. The vast majority can do it.

"not having skills that help socially and generally a common understanding of law in america,"
REALLY? They don't know that rape/assault/murder/dealing drugs/etc are illegal?

You have a really really low opinion of black people if you think they are all born criminals and are unable to understand basic morality or the law.

also ,

lol. Classic discussion tactics, "I found these 2 random links online, didn't read them but pretty sure they support my argument! I'll let you read them first and then I will either say 'got you!' or 'nah those links are invalid Im still right'"... Or will you acknowledge that you were wrong and that all the evidence supports my argument?
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Jul 4, 2015 at 04:36 PM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff