Ranking
Original Post
[REL] Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Summary of mod: This mod has realistic gi grabbing, leg/arm blocking, and focuses on hip control to gain better ground position and to apply submission holds to create fractures.

This mod was created by me (akHu), and I made it since I wanted a JiuJitsu mod with some realistic gi grabbing and rules. The players are only able to be grabbed on the triceps (to simulate wrist grabbing), thighs, pecs, lumbars, and feet. There's reduced damage on the biceps, triceps, shoulders, thighs, and shins since those are used for blocking in Jiu Jitsu, encouraging players to target their opponent's body and head.

The strengthened glutes, hips, and chest are used to simulate the importance of hip control in real Jiu Jitsu. Combined with the increased gravity and no in-ring disqualification, players must utilize hip control in order to gain an advantageous position on the ground.

The high fracture threshold of 400 is implemented so that players won't snap under the weight of an opponent, but instead will have limbs fractured when put in certain submission holds (which also utilize the strengthened hips and glutes).

Note on attachment: Had to make it v2 since the original one I uploaded to the moduploader had the hand grab mistaken.
Attached Files
BrazilianJiuJitsuv2.tbm (10.4 KB, 203 views)
*Applaudes* Great!
But shouldn't dojo be square?
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
*Applaudes* Great!
But shouldn't dojo be square?

Submission only fighting (like the ADCC) is fought in a circular ring.
PRO FAVOR AMIGOS
SO BRASILEIROS COMO FAÇO PARA CRIAR UM BONECO NAO SEI LER INGLES
E BAIXEI O TORIBASH INSTALEI E NAO APARECE MENU NADA
SÓ O TORIBASH E UMA MUSIKINHA CHATA
ABRAÇO PLZ AJUDEM
Yes. You should be able to.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."