ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Egpllant View Post
I use 3 programs!

To make the basic head and some details: Project Dogwaffle (It's a freeware paint and effects program)

To add detail, sharpen/blur, and just retouch in general: Photoshop 5.5. You can get the old versions for cheap.

To add lighting effects and enhance previous effects: Gimp.

I just use Gimp and Photoshop,Gimp for preview,Photoshop Everything!
It surprises me how I have not commented in this thread yet.

Photoshop, obviously. It's got a learning-curve, but that aside, it's perfect; It's really multi-purpose, wether you're texturing or simply working on graphics, it can do it all.

Gimp is a nice second choice, however, it has quite a -in my opinion that is- tricky to use interface, nothing can just be accesed quickly.

All in all, if you're not thinking of buying Photoshop, it might be best to get Paint.NET. It's quite a nice program. It's simple to use, has almost no learning-curve and it's free.

I agree with Blam.

EDIT: Oh and I use Photoshop obviously. After you start learning where all the buttons are, it's perfect.
Last edited by Mapleleaf; May 3, 2009 at 01:29 AM.
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf View Post
It surprises me how I have not commented in this thread yet.

Photoshop, obviously. It's got a learning-curve, but that aside, it's perfect; It's really multi-purpose, wether you're texturing or simply working on graphics, it can do it all.

Gimp is a nice second choice, however, it has quite a -in my opinion that is- tricky to use interface, nothing can just be accesed quickly.

All in all, if you're not thinking of buying Photoshop, it might be best to get Paint.NET. It's quite a nice program. It's simple to use, has almost no learning-curve and it's free.

I agree with Blam.

EDIT: Oh and I use Photoshop obviously. After you start learning where all the buttons are, it's perfect.

I agree with you,once you learn how to use photoshop,where buttons are and how to use em its perfect
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf View Post
Oh and I use Photoshop obviously. After you start learning where all the buttons are, it's perfect.

Same with Gimp. I find that PS and Gimp are surprisingly similar. Yeah, Photoshop is a bit easier, and makes some things easier but i prefer Gimp for textures. It's easy (once you learn where the buttons are) and has everything you need to make really good textures. It's what I use the most.
When asking what THE BEST program is, the answer is photoshop.

Of course a professional program that costs hundreds of dollars is going to be better than freeware.

Don't be silly.
^garblejfidlssja beflijfdsl baeufkh dsjlinuefjdsl
Originally Posted by ThunderX View Post
What is the best progam to make textures?

i was wondering,how they do it?what program,opacity WTF i dont know,YOU tell me!

Gimp 2.6/newest if theres a new 1
Adobe Photoshop 2.4
or Paint.NET
Theres a few other 1s, but I don't use themm.
Gimp and ps are good enough for my gfx ^^
Haiii, I'm Natasha ^.^
Sryy for wat I did previously ;[ , I hope we all become friends (:
Originally Posted by Tashie View Post
Gimp 2.6/newest if theres a new 1
Adobe Photoshop 2.4
or Paint.NET
Theres a few other 1s, but I don't use themm.
Gimp and ps are good enough for my gfx ^^

Adobe Photoshop 2.4 ....lolz...Are you serious?

Adobe is currently in 8 or 9 th version & using such oudated version would be dumb..

Adobe PS CS3 is a good one to start .Easy to access menu & user-friendly
KONY 2012
Originally Posted by AKP View Post
Adobe Photoshop 2.4 ....lolz...Are you serious?

Adobe is currently in 8 or 9 th version & using such oudated version would be dumb..

Adobe PS CS3 is a good one to start .Easy to access menu & user-friendly

Oh sorry mistake ;x
I wasn't really aware of what I was doing a few hours ago.
I meant cs4.
Haiii, I'm Natasha ^.^
Sryy for wat I did previously ;[ , I hope we all become friends (:
Photoshop CS4 is the best one for this IMO
★★★★★
[Sigma] [ORMO] [OLDA] [OSHI] [a]lly