Ranking
Original Post
Toriclan battle system.
k, so.
There have been multiple complaints about the bullshit that the current battle system puts out.

Things such as:
"Clan A counts their wins/losses to be 7/0. The battle system records 3/4 and Clan B wins and gains more points."
"Clan A counts their wins/losses to be 7/0. The battle system records them as 3/4 and gives Clan A 30 points, and Clan B 20 points."

The system is faulted in many places, these examples could easily drag on.

AAAAAANNNYYYYYWAYS!
Fish and myself were chatting about ways to improve this system.

- Keep the initiation shit. i.e: Clan A sends invite to Clan B, war lasts 30 mins from the time it's accepted. Then it records the wins from the clan tag, etc...
- 1 point per match win, if a clan streaks they get bonus points. i.e: Clan A wins 3 matches in a row. 1 + 2 + 3. Clan B wins 3 but loses one in between. 1 + 1 + 1.
- Winner is determined by whichever clan has the most wins after the 30 mins. They receive a bonus amount of points. Something like 5 - 10 points.
Last edited by Uric; Sep 8, 2011 at 09:19 PM.
New Zealand
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
PM Erth, he loves it.
~~~~~~~~~~
<~Lightningkid> I'm a spiteful dickhead
<Muur> Ah, good old Dutch Wall Sex..
<~Fish> I love handling dicks
It was to my understanding that we were simply thinking of a new system to record clan wars, as opposed to changing the whole set up. We can discuss that later if that isn't the case.

I propose the new recording/scoring system should be based on the following requirements,
- awards more points to the winning clan than the loosing clan.
- bonus points for multiple wins. If a clan does very well, they get a bigger reward
- bonus points for multiple players. Shouldn't be able to earn ranks if you have clan wars with 1 person from each clan.
- maximum points from any clan war shouldn't exceed 50, or otherwise, 50 points should be extremely hard to get.
- adding timestamps to the logs.

If it's not going to be remade, the quick fix would be to simply increment the battle points every time a war has been completed. What it currently does is recalculate the points from the last 30 clan wars, forgetting what ever points they may have earned previously. This is why we've had reports about people loosing points.
Last edited by Fish; Aug 15, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
Could do that then.
But I still think the best plan for it is to completely re-do it.
New Zealand
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
PM Erth, he loves it.
~~~~~~~~~~
<~Lightningkid> I'm a spiteful dickhead
<Muur> Ah, good old Dutch Wall Sex..
<~Fish> I love handling dicks
So I've finally been able to see how it works. Points you get is calculated by, number of games won by the clan multiplied by the total number of players from both clans. For the winning clan, the score is increased by 50%. There's also a set maximum of 500 points. But if that gets reached, they would have been farming.

I would prefer 1 point for the first win, and for every other win you get one more point than what you got from the previous win.
3rd win gives you 3 points.
3 wins gives you 6 points (1 + 2 + 3)

Same goes for the number of players involved from your clan. Keeps the overall scores in a much more consistent range.