ES Recruitment Drive
Another 'LET'S MAKE EVERYTHING REALLY FAST AND SHAKE THE CAMERA FOR NO REASON TO GIVE THE VIEWER MOTION SICKNESS' vid.

But seriously, like every other vid except maybe executed slightly better.

It was okay, look forward to seeing your next one, which I'm hoping will be a little bit more creative.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
9/10, im so sad bout lost sync at the second part, but video still supercool, also I very liked Takedown song
javascript code:
function () { alert(' you re sexy waffle ! '); };
Originally Posted by Moop View Post
Another 'LET'S MAKE EVERYTHING REALLY FAST AND SHAKE THE CAMERA FOR NO REASON TO GIVE THE VIEWER MOTION SICKNESS' vid.

But seriously, like every other vid except maybe executed slightly better.

It was okay, look forward to seeing your next one, which I'm hoping will be a little bit more creative.

Right, but I still prefer those kind of videos over blurred, zoomed productions made to slow ,,artistic" music with over 9k unnecessary filters or masks, where you can hardly see something more than one leg etc.
Also, almost everyting in toribash videomaking scene was already used or invented before, so it's rather difficult to impress everyone.
Anyway, noone really makes videos anymore, despite newbies without shaders or so, old elite is gone or inactive and you must wait months to watch quite enjoyable video, when back in 2008 and 2009 ..., eh, whatever :c
retired
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
Also, almost everyting in toribash videomaking scene was already used or invented before, so it's rather difficult to impress everyone.
Anyway, noone really makes videos anymore, despite newbies without shaders or so, old elite is gone or inactive and you must wait months to watch quite enjoyable video, when back in 2008 and 2009 ..., eh, whatever :c

Same can be said for the texture community, its likely its even more applicable.
no one uses it as an excuse tho.

and 2008/9 was dominated by rutz, moop and buster + a few choice vids anyway.
in the past month ive seen atleast 4 or 5 vids from macperfect and jets which are better than anything we've seen befor now(excluding a few choice vids). as well as a few up and coming makers like dialord(if he sticks with it)

impressive vids dont NEED to reinvent the wheel, they just need to be done well.(obviously something new and cool is great aswell)
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Same can be said for the texture community, its likely its even more applicable.
no one uses it as an excuse tho.

Nor do I, it's a fact.

in the past month ive seen atleast 4 or 5 vids from macperfect and jets which are better than anything we've seen befor now.

Nothing that really get into my memory ( except Dialord, his editing is just different, don't like camerawork tho ) and I still remember shitload of titles from 2008/2009

impressive vids dont NEED to reinvent the wheel, they just need to be done well.

I did not say that they must. Also, there's always a group of ppl who will say ,,saw that before, not cool". And 'bout ,,wellness" of videos - we're fine with what we did here, how it looks and so is the majority of users that left a comment. If this video is ,,FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLL SPEED, punch kick" I don't have an idea how to call short clip post posted by mp where you can hardly see anything and music rapes out your ears. And what she said *spoil*

herp

retired
you posted in the art board to be commented on, I posted on what i got from it, ignore it or learn from it.
and relating the ratings to a popularity contest is stupid, if youre saying that i rated it badly because you dont think i dont like you, then you clearly dont know me at all. and i find slightly insulting.

Originally Posted by Powas View Post
Nothing that really get into my memory ( except Dialord, his editing is just different, don't like camerawork tho ) and I still remember shitload of titles from 2008/2009

dialord has moments of greatness, then the rest screams out his lack of experience.
good recent vids off the top of my head:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=292853
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=293376 - greatest intro evar
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=290608
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=284384
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=278500
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 8, 2011 at 02:00 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
you posted in the art board to be commented on, I posted on what i got from it, ignore it or learn from it.
and relating the ratings to a popularity contest is stupid, if youre saying that i rated it badly because i dont like you, then you clearly dont know me at all. and i find slightly insulting.

I'm not, I just see lack of logic.
Also, those videos - they're more like clips, short and easy to do, some of them are cool, some are not. There is nothing hard in adding 2-3 masks on clip, zoom it in and shake the hell out or record stopped replays and add few effects in random places.
'bout best intro ever - Rabbit Heart, nuff said, even tho I don't like the song and some other parts in that video.
I could post links to Muff's and Verax's videos since they're my fav makers but, first of all, I am too lazy, secondly, I don't see the point.
retired

All those videos are almost the same (or similar in most points), slow, calm, one/two/three! :O replays and no one gives a shit that they're similar because their makers are popular. When it comes to post something different, you all go like "OMG ANOTHER FAST VID WTF". Please don't tell me that popularity has nothing to it (+ 3 of them are made by jets, two by macperfect ohnoes).

You just rate the outcome ( which is nothing special in most vids you linked there ), but you don't consider time and effort spent during making video. I'm sure that every video above could've been done in a hour. (despite rendering time and recording). I can make shitload of vids like those, but they are nothing special in my opinion, so why would I waste time making this if I can make something I actually like. It's not like your opinion is super ultra important for me, I'm just trying to tell you that calling video shit just because you don't like the style of it is unfair. I should totally stop arguing anymore, because this forum is totally dominated by one replay videos that are made by someone you know for a long time and you don't give a shit if they put some effort into them, or made them in 5 minutes. Now please tell me, where are all those great videomakers now?

nuff said.
Last edited by Verax; Aug 8, 2011 at 03:24 PM.
lol