Toribash
Original Post
+Rules for Multiple Accounts?
Hi,

I was just wondering if a moderator could clear some thing up for me and a few other members. We were discussing people multi-accounting and stuff like that, and we were trying to figure out what was allowed and what was not. A search in the forum rules didn't really bring up anything clear, so I'm posting here for some support.

We were observing that, in certain cases, multiple accounts have been permitted. For instance, when you purchase another account, you are allowed to own both accounts and transfer items back and forth as you need, as long as you're not trying to make 2 personalities, or pretending like 2 different people.

Another example is the clans. Most clans have a joint clan-user account that they use as their "bank" and keep their clan items and TC in it. This seems to be permitted as well.

And, probably the worst example, ban evaders. Most ban evaders have been allowed to use their accounts during the ban, and been allowed to transfer our items and tc when the ban is lifted.

So what ARE the rules for multiple accounts?

Would, say, 2 other members and I be able to start a new account that we can jointly run a shop from? I mean, as long as we're not playing ingame with it, it wouldn't be harming anything, as far as I can see.

An explanation from a mod (key work there, ppl) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The short answer:

Multiple accounts are completely permitted.

Of course, if a permabanned user creates another account and continues to play up, that latter account is likely to also be banned. But usually, the banning itself is enough of a punishment; a user won't be able to play the game or use their items or credits with their original account after being banned.
Last edited by 3vi1; Oct 27, 2008 at 08:33 PM.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
There are a few times where it won't be accepted, like the one 3vi1 said..

But if you are a halfway smart person you should know which ones, and why you shouldn't ;)

[T]
#hi

Pretending to be two different people is allowed.

Permanant banned users are allowed to create new accounts. (unless the user has shown us they suck at participating in our community)

Like 3vi1 said, it's punishment enough to lose toricredits and items.

Selling accounts is also permitted.
I always thought that making another account was only permittable if you weren't evading a ban. I have another account, (Tiebasher2 LOL) from when I was noob, and I clearly never use it.
<Hanz0> Crush his hopes and dreams in the palm or your hand.Doitdoitdoit ;D
[RENEGADE]
What about being ingame with more than one account.And what about being online with more than 1 account in 1 room?
No it is not allowed.And quit bumping year old threads D:
Who the bloody sig edited my fuck.
Seriously? Again?
You can play at many servers at the time with multiple clients.

You can use only one account to do that, but you can also use multiple accounts.

You can't play with one server using multiple clients. For this it doesn't matter if it's using one account or many, still not allowed.

Tried to put it in the most understandable way possible : D
Originally Posted by Magix View Post
You can play at many servers at the time with multiple clients.

You can use only one account to do that, but you can also use multiple accounts.

You can't play with one server using multiple clients. For this it doesn't matter if it's using one account or many, still not allowed.

Tried to put it in the most understandable way possible : D

is there some official rule for it?
[Damned] Clan Bank. All inventory on sale