Toribash
Original Post
Toribash Esports
I understand you can add toribash as a non-steam game, but I am talking about a game you can find using steam. The new "Green light" system allows this to go much faster. (greenlight for new guys, it is a system where game developers upload their titles with screenshots and such then the community votes on them; The more votes the more likely it becomes a steam game)
Also: toribash as an esport, Discuss.
Last edited by Hero; Aug 1, 2014 at 04:34 PM.
[Festus][Shmevin][Ferras][Lexx][Fancy][Soap][Kristis133][Ryan][SpaceLlama][Uric]
[Tripstone][TomWanks]
Steam would give toribash a much wider audience, hell it may even be revived completely.

As an esport? Sure, I'd watch that. Just so long as you can find decent commentators.
steam can help toribash by bring tons of ppl in

toribash as an esport... well idk while id loved to see it it all depends on how it gunna be presented cause if i do say most of the mod require a little bit of luck in terms of fracs and dm and also each game goes by so fast how can you commentate it.

if some1 can figure this out and make it appealing it can work
Last edited by Vince1144; Sep 4, 2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Steam would give toribash a much wider audience, hell it may even be revived completely.

As an esport? Sure, I'd watch that. Just so long as you can find decent commentators.

My words exactly, like PERFECTLY.

it would easily gain more of a populace, and I'd sure as hell watch the commentaries live and play in them like I did multiple times for lesducan <3

I say he's our official esports guy for now!
[18:19] <@Noah> we penetrate every orifice with corndogs
Its happening, Kowla has been talking to hampa in skype and hampa told me they both will be working on it, I am really excited for this since it will bring more people to our community.

Seems like a great idea, it may also bring some money to nabo in the process
This is a very good idea. I'm excited about this.

I can't wait until Toribash goes mainstream so I can say "In my time, there were only 200 people online at a time!"
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
This is a very good idea. I'm excited about this.

I can't wait until Toribash goes mainstream so I can say "In my time, there were only 200 people online at a time!"

Reserving hipster rights. ;o

But yeah, it'll be cool to have on steam, I'd hope it brings in a slightly more mature audience, by which i mean, they already know how forums work etc.

As an eSport, i'm not sure.

I'd watch it, but as ImmortalCow said, the commentators would have to be good, and know what they're talking about.
It wouldn't be very good having commentators talking about an aikido match who have no idea about the game/rules/community.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Indeed, so I guess we would have a few community members commentate, otherwise it would be really difficult for them and it would suck if they didn't know what they were talking about.
oh yeah