Ranking
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
I still don't get how people can get so worked up over someone calling you names or bullying you. You ignore it and move on, not that difficult in my eyes. Of course, people are different and react differently, but I can't understand how someone could be driven to suicide from bullying.

Also no, there should not be laws for "bullying". That's stupid. There are already harassment laws in place.

Edit: I should mention that I mean "worked up" as in going so far to have suicidal thoughts. It is annoying and would piss me off.

Most people who get suicidal thoughts from bullying usually have no one to talk to and vent all that frustration (either that or something like fear or shame is keeping them from approaching anybody). One of the worst things you can do when you're emotionally unstable is to hold it all in. I don't suffer from depression or anything, but when I'm feeling down and I don't talk to anybody about it, it gets really uncomfortable and the feeling just fucks with me the longer I keep it bottled up. I can only imagine what that feels like for people who get harshly bullied on a daily basis.

Another thing, and bear with me if I'm just talking out of my ass for this next one, guys, but back in our human prehistory, being exiled from your tribe or clan was basically a death sentence. There was no fancy survival gear to help you out, so you were pretty much screwed. A lot of bully victims feel like they were exiled by their peers, so I'm guessing this has some sort of effect involving our evolutionary instincts.
a spoon.
In my opinion, you must be doing your best so that when they try to bully you, you get dirt on them by saying their poor in academics, they wont have any job, and other stuff like that.

There is this classmate of mine who had a bad attitude. I somehow got him to shut up and how he is not going to school. Been weeks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
I'm just gonna mention the fact That I'm out of school now. Also I ended up going to a school like the one viscera described. If you took the wrong turn in my past neighborhood, you'd get, killed, raped or just mugged, (I'm overstating a bit but not by that much)and my school was basically a downgrading of that, stuff that a high schooler might do.
-----
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
There is this classmate of mine who had a bad attitude. I somehow got him to shut up and how he is not going to school. Been weeks.

I doubt anything bad happened he might have moved. And if he did happen to get hurt it wouldn't of been your fault, if he reached his breaking point It probably wasn't in one phrase.
Last edited by Yolo2146; Feb 6, 2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Have a Great and Fuck you
I used to be bullied a ton.
Then one day, it became too much.
I beat my bully up.

I was never bullied after that.

Take from that what you will.
~AQOURS~
MAPLE SYRUP UNITED
Right, well, I'm going to move this one over to Off-Topic. It's not a horrible thread or anything, it's just more of a 'share your experience and how you dealt with it' kind of thread, rather than a debate.

Take this thread seriously and give some genuine responses guys. Just 'cus it's in Off-Topic now, it doesn't mean that you're free to shitpost in it.
I used to be bullied, I snitched, he stopped and we ended up becoming really good friends.
I would recommend asking for help. The bullying might stop, and if it doesn't you should consider changing class/school.
dreamy suicide act
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
I used to be bullied a ton.
Then one day, it became too much.
I beat my bully up.

I was never bullied after that.

Take from that what you will.

I 100% agree with you. I was just about to say that same. Fight back! I don't understand how people can just let bullies to do/say something bad to you. There was this one kid in my school and he was bullied. One day I decided to go talk to him. Then my friends turned on me. They kinda started to bully me. They started to say shit to me. I just couldn't take it. I had so much anger inside and tried to not punch them. I was like what the fuck you non evolved human think you're doing? Then one day they started to kinda "attack" to me for no reason. Well, that was too much. I punched him to face and threw him to ground. Then all of his friends around him i said to them "cmon!? Anyone else?"And i am not a strong guy and he was little taller and bigger than me. Anger gives you power i can say that. I am really kind guy in general. I couldn't even hurt a bug without feeling bad for doing it. But when it comes to shit like bullying for your apparance/how you act and all that shit with no reason.. It's just... So... Well... Yeah. Because also in many schools teachers doesn't do anything about it. They just kinda let it be. Most of the teachers are like "this is where i come to work and teach kids and make a future to them, screw the side things(like bullying)" since they are doing nothing to the bullies, take the situation to your own hands. I know it doesn't work like that for some peoples but try anyways! Considering suicide because of bullying is just something not worth it. Stupid would i say. Those fucking humans who bullies aren't just evolved yet and may regret it in the future.
Last edited by hunter; Feb 6, 2016 at 09:06 PM.
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
Hunter, I wouldn't call it stupid when someone is considering suicide because of bullying. You have to know that most people who feel like killing themselves suffer from depression, which is a mental illness. These people genuinely need help and there's nothing stupid about that. I used to think suicide was selfish because it's basically you wanting to just end it all while your family and friends suffer the consequences. I don't see it that way anymore because I learned that these people have a sickness and they just need to be cured.
a spoon.
I never been bullied nor do I bully other people. But I saw my friends bully other people(but not to the extend of hurting them physically).

Why "this people" get bullied?

Why?

How to stop this bullies?

How?

I have finished my school life(except university) and never been bullied before. I make friends, and yeah even with the bullies but I don't follow them bully people because it's not a good thing. It's just a way to make a sign on us (do not bully) since we are friends with bullies. Friends back up each other. Try to make friends as much as you can, cause you can't survive your school life as a loner. You might be called as a freak or you might get bully if you're a loner. So, it's your choice... to stay solo and get bullies or make friends and survive together.(sounds like something from a move, lol)
My fear keeps me hesitating
[e]MrMrO[BGF]
I've never been bullied because everyone has always loved me, but I think it would suck if someone ever did decide to be mean to me.