Toribash
Original Post
How much will this suck?
Because I just bought it, refurbished from Best Buy. Second cheapest thing they had there. $329

Be informed. Be in touch. Be entertained. The Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM comes preloaded with applications designed to enhance your productivity. One-touch keys let you instantly access email, the web and other functions you use most. Full PC functionality plus a comfortable keyboard and touchpad help you handle everyday tasks in no time. Plus, this Compaq 15.6" laptop PC's classic good looks are a match for any situation.

Compaq 15.6" Laptop PC, CQ62-219WM:
Intel Celeron 900 processor
2.2GHz, 800MHz Front Side Bus, 1MB Cache
2GB DDR2 system memory
Gives you the options for surfing, video conferencing, documents, basic photo edting and simple computer tasks

250GB SATA hard drive
Store 166,000 photos, 71,000 songs or 131 hours of HD video and more
SuperMulti double-layer DVD burner
Play DVD movies on your computer; Read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

10/100BaseT Ethernet; 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
Connect to a broadband modem or a wired broadband router with wired Ethernet, or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n wireless connection built into your PC

15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED widescreen display
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (shared) with up to 797MB total available graphics memory

Additional Features:

3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x VGA port, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x headphone jack, 1 x microphone jack
6-cell lithium-ion battery
Software:

Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition (To learn more about the features of Windows 7, click here)
Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (60-day trial)
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2010 (60-day trial)
Windows Live Photo Gallery, HP Photo Creations, Roxio CinemaNow
HP Support Assistant, HP Recovery Manager
Support and Warranty:

1-year limited hardware warranty with toll-free support; 1-year free hardware technical support
Restore discs are no longer included with PCs. We recommend you use the installed software to create your own restore & backup DVD the first week you use the Compaq 15.6" laptop PC.

What will/won't I be able to do on this baby?
Thanks.
Gaming on it may be a bit tough. (No GPU, and it is an older model)

It should be fine for normal laptop things.

Enjoy.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
You can probably run TB at a decent frame rate. With shaders though it will most likely drop significantly.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
You get what you pay for. It's not gonna be beast, but that's okay since it wasn't expensive either.

Toribash probably won't run too well with shaders. The intel cards may be able to turn them on, but sure won't be playable at regular resolutions. Non-shaders should run well enough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
How about minecraft? My previous laptop wouldn't run it, but then again, it had a half a gig of ram.

Also, will running games like toribash or minecraft do any damage to the processor? I've heard about that somewhere.
Thanks.
jxc: Running a game, by itself, will not cause damage to your components. Like jabraman said, if it overheats that is a different issue.

You should be OK with Minecraft. You won't get the best quality, but it should run OK.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Ok... It's running an Intel Celeron processor, telling me that overclocking won't be possible due to the heat output of the chip, so you'll basically be stuck at it's clock speed. The laptop itself has no dedicated GPU, so gaming on it might be a bit slow (you'll get under average FPS, and graphic intensive games will drag the speed down to nothing).

Toribash will work somewhat smoothly on 30 FPS and no shaders on, and games like Minecraft will work without too much lag when set on low to medium graphic settings.

Celeron processors tend to overheat when you put them to their limits (100% CPU usage for a couple of hours, or overclocking). That said, it SHOULD automatically shut the computer off when it approaches a dangerous temperature, so you should be safe.

Don't expect to be playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 on that thing, but for web surfing, email, and video, it should work. Videos on YouTube might become a bit jittery, especially when you increase the resolution/quality, but they'll play.
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]