Toribash
Original Post
Technical Riddles

Hello there! This little event is made to test your knowledge of technical side of toribash and PC in general, and maybe to make you learn something new in the process.

Each week we are going to post a new technical riddle for you to solve. It can be anything as long as it's related to the game and/or forum. Your goal is tposolve the mystery, sometimes explain why this certain thing doesn't work or works differently than expected. For doing that you will get a small prize depending on how hard the riddle was. You're allowed to ask questions and get answers, but answers will come from a point of person who doesn't know what the problem is. If the riddle doesnt get solved within a week, it goes into unrevealed riddle archive. You can still solve those later for a slightly lower prize.

[SOLVED by Kyle]

[SOLVED by Aiden]

[SOLVED by lethargicKid]

[UNSOLVED]

[SOLVED by Jack]

[SOLVED by Kore]

[SOLVED by Icky]

[UNSOLVED]

Rip

The line is dead.

Art by Tomiiiwhaw
Last edited by AssassinPro; Mar 17, 2017 at 01:10 AM.
golf
riddle:
"975YOZAVRG"

note: link in sig is unrelated, aswell as the quotes around the riddle

if you want proof that it's solvable i can send you the solution assassinpro
Originally Posted by AssassinPro View Post
first you gotta prove that everything is actually solvable. I dont think BlErgg means anything unless its some inside meme

so we actually should be solving our own riddles to win it?
Last edited by victortb; Dec 28, 2016 at 06:29 PM.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
and now it's time for this one Thread to use: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=3023

T'was the night after Christmas, - the date the thread was created
And with joy being spread,
A new Death (Reaper) appeared. - hints at the thread creators name which contains reaper. "New" refers to the first part of his name, Noob and reaper is the second part. Noob_Reaper.

The Reaper reaped -
causing a man of 93 - A hint to which year the thread was made in, since on the 26th december, 2006, Gerald Ford died
to collapse on this day.

A dinner was coming, - thread name was dinner followed by event
What a wonderful event, - event area to hint as well as in the name
Spanning between years. - the fact the thread said the event would go into next year

Then came the problem
Of Reaper's clan hopping ways; - relates to the second post "3 different clans each week"
It caused a reply which shut the whole thing down. - "the second post/reply and only reply.

The event didn't go- the event didn't happen
the whole thing died - more it didn't happen and died
However it is still open for replies - was never closed/still open to be replied to

The reply of this man
These 40 words - the length of the only response/second post.
caused this death in front of reapers eyes. - caused the threads death

Option C is the answer - the third choice or C on the list
Option C is to blame. - his hopping killed the event
Option C is the essence of his clan hopping ways. - relates to C's words.

So here's the answer choices: either state what option C is OR say how many characters are in option C. - C. for a clan i dont think ur even in right now
Tim is bae :3
Originally Posted by ZeDerpyOne View Post
and now it's time for this one Thread to use: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=3023

T'was the night after Christmas, - the date the thread was created
And with joy being spread,
A new Death (Reaper) appeared. - hints at the thread creators name which contains reaper. "New" refers to the first part of his name, Noob and reaper is the second part. Noob_Reaper.

The Reaper reaped -
causing a man of 93 - A hint to which year the thread was made in, since on the 26th december, 2006, Gerald Ford died
to collapse on this day.

A dinner was coming, - thread name was dinner followed by event
What a wonderful event, - event area to hint as well as in the name
Spanning between years. - the fact the thread said the event would go into next year

Then came the problem
Of Reaper's clan hopping ways; - relates to the second post "3 different clans each week"
It caused a reply which shut the whole thing down. - "the second post/reply and only reply.

The event didn't go- the event didn't happen
the whole thing died - more it didn't happen and died
However it is still open for replies - was never closed/still open to be replied to

The reply of this man
These 40 words - the length of the only response/second post.
caused this death in front of reapers eyes. - caused the threads death

Option C is the answer - the third choice or C on the list
Option C is to blame. - his hopping killed the event
Option C is the essence of his clan hopping ways. - relates to C's words.

So here's the answer choices: either state what option C is OR say how many characters are in option C. - C. for a clan i dont think ur even in right now

This one is good, shame I didnt really look into it. You'll get a prize at some point.

The second one I got to the last part with the BlErgg and the explanation didnt satisfy me. It's really stretched in my opinion, idk. I'll get back to you about that one.

Originally Posted by ChokeMeDaddy View Post
riddle:
"975YOZAVRG"

note: link in sig is unrelated, aswell as the quotes around the riddle

if you want proof that it's solvable i can send you the solution assassinpro

you're a bit late to the party
-----
Originally Posted by victortb View Post
so we actually should be solving our own riddles to win it?

you should post here or pm me the solution so that I know that I could solve it if I was smart enough.

tbh I had a lot of stuff going on this month so I may not have treated this event very well. On the bright side, you will get more prizes.
Last edited by AssassinPro; Dec 28, 2016 at 10:15 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
golf
Originally Posted by FreshKek View Post
Ok here's a poem:

He smells of Sunflowers and tortillas
He makes bank
but he might make a prison shank
and scam u

This is referring to iTemp

Sunflowers = Sunflower crown
tortillas = most common food in mexico therefore he's of a mexican descent(im pretty sure everyone knows that)
the last 2 lines refer to the suspicious activity he's had in the last 2 weeks
-----
and the first riddle was Solax's Join date x2
Last edited by Papa; Dec 28, 2016 at 11:10 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
My aunt has 2 great big personalities (boobies), and i love playing with them all night long
I PMd you i guess... XD
im not quite sure how this is meant to work anymore, so guess if you think you could have solved it, ... idk
Last edited by Pixelate; Dec 28, 2016 at 11:43 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I give the best relationship advice
I think I've cracked riddle 8, but I'm not 100% sure so I dont wanna give away the answer by posting a half completed riddle here.
I'll try find you on the IRC or I'll PM you

Since a lot of time has passed and things have changed I've decided to unveil all (?) the mysteries left in this thread
Originally Posted by AssassinPro View Post

[UNSOLVED]

Solution:
"Steam" stands for the game's Steam id, which is 248570.
"Official Clans" was the part which caused the most confusion. Many people have guessed 44, which is "Official Clans" forum id, or 42 which was the number of clans listed on that subforum, forgetting about the "Russian Clans" subforum "¾äØæØÐÛìÝëÕ ÚÛÐÝë", which is basically the same thing except in Russian. I didn't include legendary clans because even though they have square brackets they are listed in the "Dead Clans" section. Therefore, the correct number was 49.
"Head Hunter" stood for the Head Hunter achievement id, 21.
"22/11/12" at the bottom of the main forum page you can find this line: "Most users ever online was 14,456, Nov 22, 2012 at 03:43 AM".
"Aether" - Aether clan forum id is 666.
"High Speed" - the record for the highest speed attained in Toribash SP is 75.61, held by pusga.
"[kz]" - clan id of a dead clan Knotz is 100. Notice that the key is written differently from Aether, hence the difference between clan/forum ids.
"Regal" - item id of The Regal, Alpha's Clan League 2014 prize is 2021.
"Sparta" - forum id of a dead organization "Sparta" is 599.

Having that, our equation looks like this:
[((248570 / 49) * 21) / ((14456 + 666) / (75.61 * 100)) + 2021 - (599 + 1)].UT =
[(106530 / (15122 / 7561) + 1421].UT =
[(106530 / 2 + 1421].UT =
[53265 + 1421].UT =
[54686].UT
54686 is Oblivion's user id
I used UT as an abbreviation for User Title, so the correct answer for this riddle was Que outro valor mais alto se alevanta (worth noting that I have no clue what that means).

[UNSOLVED]

Solution:
The oldest standing ban on the ban list is Ceviuss (his ban reason says: "Cos you SUCK. Fool."). His user id is the same as this thread's id, made by a second banned person, loje. The difference between their user ids is 20984 - 19351 = 1633. Amber colour description mentions that it's made from fossilized ancients, the item that's often called ring is DQ. Amber DQ item id is 703, if you multiply that by 2 and by 1633 you get 1406 * 1633 = 2295998, which is the user id of this guy (called him a ghost because he's only played one game and disappeared forever. Fifty thousand people used to play this. Now it's a ghost game). In his Deactivated inventory he has an empty set called "Set: Artifact is in this set". Pointing that out would grant you the prize and enable me to continue the storyline, but that never happened. Perhaps the hidden empty set was a little too much.

I am going to open this thread so you can post about how close you were to cracking these. This doesn't mean I will start posting riddles again though. Maybe some time in the future, but no promises.
Last edited by AssassinPro; Mar 17, 2017 at 01:54 AM.
golf
that is honestly the most craziest riddle i was so far off.
"People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."—Bryan White