Toribash
Original Post
Greetings!
Greetings and hello to you all! My name is Zob, and I have joined Hampa and the Nabi team as your new manager of community and competitions.

I am still learning my way around the game but over the coming weeks you should see the beginnings of all kinds of regular competitions.

I have a few questions for all of you:

- Would you like me to continue with the existing Toribash Clan League, if so, what changes would you like me to make to the structure?

- Would you like me to continue to run the existing Toribash Fighters League, and how do you feel it could be improved?

- Do you feel that the demo version of the game should offer more to trial players? Less?

- Which times of the day/week would you like to see competitions run in your timezone?

I look forward to your feedback so that I may get underway as soon as possible!
Re: Greetings!
Nice to meet u hope you have fun

Edit: I only going to awnser the last question.

So on to the question I would say Saturday because more people would be on those days because of no school. Correct?
- Would you like me to continue with the existing Toribash Clan League, if so, what changes would you like me to make to the structure?
> Right now, its far too strict on who plays for what team... its causing all sorts of issues when a team is one man short all of a sudden, and they have used all their Subs for a round... Prehapes instead having say... 6 players for a side and a team leader who decides which players to send out... each turn, one team leader will get to pick their member before the other, and for every new fight, it alternates... this adds in an element of stratedgy from the team, the ability to send out someone more, if another player isnt doing well, or has to leave, etc... the Teamleader would not be allowed to play, just watch, observe and manage their team... get them ready before hand, arrange training sessions with all the players and other teams. If teams only have a manager and two players, its up to the manager to send them out wisely, but it also limits the team to an extent because the players will get tired, and their moves may become predictable from the other team... if for each match, the players wins, losses, matches fought are recorded, once the game is over, the team leader can divide up the winnings at the end accordingly (say 4 blood and joint sets were given to the team... the top four players overall for the teams entire success from the beggining would reap the results, and not just those who showed up on the last fight)

- Would you like me to continue to run the existing Toribash Fighters League, and how do you feel it could be improved?
> Not sure how the TBFL could be improved... its too reliant on people actually fighting those fights. Prehapes you need to fight at least once every 2 days or so to keep your current possition... or every 2 days of inactivity, you will drop down a rank. That way people cant just sit at no1 and not accept any fights so they can just stay at the top

- Do you feel that the demo version of the game should offer more to trial players? Less?
> More Tournaments, get the new people involved and interested as well as the current registered fanbase. Possibly even a server which we can set up to give the demo users a taste of what being registered is like.. mods, randomly assigned joints (from the cheaper range)

- Which times of the day/week would you like to see competitions run in your timezone?
> lets ask the people on this one, someone start up a poll with each day listed... give em 3 votes or so, then we can find out what is best for the majority

Welcome abord Zob! Hopefully i will be able to help out where i can for the Tournaments and other events.
<( O )>
Welcome, Zob. We'd be delighted to talk to you in the toribash IRC channel, so drop by sometime ;)

I don't know too much about the leagues, but for the other 2 questions, I agree with Cevius.
Welcome Zob! One thing I can say for sure about the Toribash Clan League is that it needs to have a way to break a tie. It happened soo often last season, and just got aggravating. Perhaps even as simple as a tie breaking match would do just fine.

Good Luck Zob.
Slith.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Welcome!

Originally Posted by Zob View Post

This is from my brief introduction to the league during the semi's/finals. Better organisation, maybe a new rule about subs or more CLEAR rules.

Too time-consuming. I fought my first fight. Took longer than it should to find the player, then submit, etc. I personally try to ignore it.

Just enough, for now. Maybe some predefined Lua scripts in 2.6?

Friday, Saturday. Maybe Sunday.
Last edited by Jok; Jun 13, 2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Dx VB quotes not working right...

I agree with Cevius.. :s

I dont really have any ideas for the tbfl.. now that we have Clan league i dont think we need it as much :s

Hmm.. this is a tough one.. i think they should have a few mods to play with.. some basic ones to get them into mods so they will want to buy a regkey. Or maybe a trial regkey that lasts for 60 or so minutes and deactivates after that, to give them a little taste

I like the current Clan league times, because its around 6pm for me, but for most of the players its really late at night, some even 4am+.. We might need separate leagues for diffrent times. :s

Also, welcome to the forums/game Zob ;)
Last edited by ishi; Jun 13, 2007 at 07:05 PM.
The clan league is definitely worth continuing. I agree with Cevius that it needs some flexibility, but that needs some thought. Maybe same player shouldn't be able to play 2 games in a row for example.

The fighters league is dead. I've been #1 for months without anyone challenging me. Maybe it's not worth the trouble to try to resurect it.

Instead, I would like to see some (invitation) tournaments for top players that were organized in tournament-tree format like in tennis etc. (Maybe I should try make one up myself).

Saturday is the right day for tournies. However, The hardest part of the clan league were the playing times. I, like all the european players, would like to see that changed.
"Well, nevermind. We are ugly, but we have the music." -Leonard Cohen
The league is fine I think, it just need a little more organisation from the teams part. Prehaps having more then one sub would be better, say whack it up to three subs maxium for example. The teams that do the best in the league are the one that are most organised. Organising teams atleast a couple of days before the matches would help. Since the league would be in its second term next time around, teams would know what to expect. On that note though, prehaps a new game mode every season to keep it fresh or something?
Jarmund>{#toribash} Dr-Meanster: finish your sentences before pressing enter.