ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
4.0 beta - modmaker test
Hi,

We've added a Mod Maker to the latest beta. Please give it a try.

https://content.toribash.com/Toribash...eta7-Setup.exe

It is under the menu Setup / Utils / Mod Maker

Update - beta7
- engage player position
- rotation game rules
- offset to environment objects
- offset on uke in default mod
- fixed bug in disk opengl drrawing

Update - beta5
- fixed key bindings
- flags in mods

Update -beta6 (Tuesday May 22)
- mod bug fixes
- hair customs
Last edited by hampa; May 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
I'm assuming hair will be similar to flames, for all those asking.
-----
In the sense that you can forge them for copious amounts of TC, or buy preforged ones for slightly less.
Last edited by Alaistier; May 30, 2012 at 03:41 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
is chrome enabled yet?
if so is there a way to test a chrome item i have?
back from the dead
SELLING MY DEACTIVATED
Wow, nice beta!
I was waiting for this
I´ve tried it and when I mark the option "Fullscreen" menu doesn´t show the options.
Would you improve the graphic engine?
The shitty Intel graphics drivers are still.. shitty. Any way you could add better compatibility?
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post
The shitty Intel graphics drivers are still.. shitty. Any way you could add better compatibility?

agreed , and is there going to be another replay comp whcih will get added to the official toribash start up
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MUST SEE

EATE CHEESE LIKE A BOSS!FRIENDS NOZ CHAZER KILLTHECOOK ♥☺
Ok, I went through and tried to make a mod start to finish in it.

It's nice and quick to lay out objects in exactly the place you want them, but it's slow to have to copy objects. Most mods will be mirrored from the perspective of uke and tori (ie, a sword each or something) so a quick way to copy the objects from ukes hand to toris hand for example, would be good for people new to making mods.

The fine tune slider feels a bit unnecessary and adds to the slightly cluttered feel of the menus.

The triggers might not be working (or I might have been doing it wrong). I had a mod where uke and tori had a dodge ball each and there is a target behind each of them, I set the ball that uke held to group 1 to collide with group 4 and for uke to win. Tori had a ball in group 2 set to collide with 8 for him to win. The goals were set to group 4 behind tori and group 8 behind uke. When I threw ukes ball at toris goal, it didn't trigger a win.

I know you probably don't want to redo the trigger system, but a better way would be a "lock and key" system instead of the current one. So you simply have 2 settings, like

lock <ID no.> <result>

key <ID no.>

So you chose an ID number for the lock (1,2,3,4,5 etc) and a result (0 draw, 1 uke wins, 2 tori wins). Then you just chose the same ID for whatever object or body part you want the key to be, and when they collide, they "unlock" and the result is played out (in the same way it currently does). You can do everything you can with the current system, but it's simpler and more intuitive.

I've used the triggers in quite a few mods before this and it's incredibly complicated to set them up right.

The export mod command doesn't work, it just saves it as modmaker.tbm. A standard load and save button would be much easier to use.

With those changes I think anyone could pick it up and start making mods with minimal instruction.
Last edited by ClockworkMonkey; Jun 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM.
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

so far looks good, but im still very waiting for 3-4 players mode
~RIP [Vector], Shikkumo's butthole
Replays, Videos
Hampa, the dead is link.
Oh, i meant the link is dead
-----
when i edit hair color no colors change only gray
-----
One last question, Does the hair show up on other's PC or only mine and why does the hair only on red player multiplayer?
-----
btw u should make an easier way to edit the hair
Last edited by cj2men; Jun 8, 2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
3DS FC :4038-6911-2047
Pokemon Player. LoZ and other Nintendo shit. =]