Ranking
Original Post
Multiclienting Still An Issue?
I read through many threads with the same topic, but none provided an answer to my question. Simply put: how do I play Toribash on a private server with my brother in the same room? We used to be able to play together and I am surprised that there doesn't seem to be a better way to prevent farming/cheating other than making it impossible to play with somebody in the same house.

Is there a simple, reliable, and safe way to temporarily change my IP address just for this purpose? Should I PM a specific mod to ask permission to be allowed to play in a private server with my brother? If there is some way to make a private room where no TC or QI is earned then I assume that would be a fix?

Also, as a disclaimer, it has been quite a number of years since I have played this game. My brother just got some friends into it and wanted me to join a private server he created so we could just mess around and fight and get back into the game.

Thanks for the help! I did read one post (possibly by a mod) saying that this was going to be fixed soon, but that was back in April.
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php?r=104052
^^^ Game/Animated Movie Soundtrack Database
When you make a private room, you cannot earn TC, since it is not a public room. I believe that you are able to play in public rooms as well, but your names will have a (MC) after their name, and neither account will be able to earn Qi or TC.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Still Not Working
It seems that I am still running into the same issue. I tried re-installing the latest version. This is the error message I receive:

"NO MULTICLIENTING. IF YOU JUST DISCONNECTED WAIT FOR YOUR GHOST TO TIME OUT."

This is happening in a private server. Hawkensnightmare, what you said seems like it would be a great idea as opposed to blocking a player from joining a private server. Still seems like there should be a better fix, but that would at [I]least[I] allow us to play together while we are in the same home.

I appreciate the response and any other responses! I will definitely continue to search for ways around this until it is solved or I get an official explanation from a mod. I saw many other people with this same issue so it would be nice to discover an official solution.
This seems to be just your issue. For me, it works in a private server, so I guess it is currently only your problem. What hawke said is what is already in the game, so I dont know what to do here.
h
Okay! Coincidentally, right when I suddenly got all my belt achievements (I hadn't really played in about 5+ years) I tried it out and it works! I'm not going to jump to any technical conclusions, but I feel like those are related somehow. Maybe somebody had to verify my account. Not sure, but hopefully if anybody else has this issue they'll stumble upon this thread.

Thanks for the replies, peoples.