Toribash
Original Post
[HOW-TO]Dismembering
Post your tips and tutorials on how to dismember.
This will help any new members.

There is no certain button to dismember uke or your opponent. Dismembering depends on alot of things aswell.

Mods: Aikido: Aikido is a low gravity based mod. There is a dojo, which you have to force your opponent out. The Dismember threshold (How much force you need to put on a joint to DM it) is increased. The normal DM rate in singleplayer is 100, and aikido is around 350. Generally, you won't DM anything in aikido because of this. The reason, you are trying to force your opponent out, not rip them into shreds.

Judo: There is less DM threshold in this. You are in close range of your opponent. The objective is to beat the crap out of your opponent. It is really easy to DM your opponent in this mod. Some usually moves in judo are to grab, spin, and kick.

Wait, why am I breaking down mods?

The best way to DM uke or an any opponent is depending on 3 things.

Position: You want to place your hand, or foot (best parts to break someone's joints with) on certain positions. You want to place your hand/foot directly on the joint. The best way (for me) to DM uke in classic.tbm, is really from above, for the shoulders. For the chest, I grab uke's chest, I turn him, and snapkick, splitting him in the chest.

Speed: You want to get alot of speed to DM a joint. Picking the right position goes hand in hand with this. You need to apply maximum force on joints, to damage it, weaken it at the same time. Most times when you weaken the joint, that means get it really before time. To place a good split, I would grab/hit the chest, weaken it before I kick it. Speed really goes hand in hand with the turnframes.

Turnframes: This is really important aswell. To gain speed, you really need to have a mod with 10 by 10 turnframes, or even 1 by 1. 1 by 1 is used in most/all madman replays, from most of the best replay makers. It is easy to manipulate your joints and move them quickly for your protection. Wish wushu, which has 50 by 50 frames, it is hard to DM someone right away. The first turn, is your opener. The second frame, is your result. That tends to not DM anyone. On the third frame, it will DM someone depending on their move. Because, on the second frame, you weaken the joints.

Originally Posted by OrAclE View Post
High gravity means you have a greater amount of force pulling on you, usually down in this case.

So aikido is high gravity.

Also, dismembers happen easiest with the hands and the feet. These locations can generate the most amount of momentum behind a hit and they ghost only occasionally.

Easiest locations to dismember are the pecs, elbows, glutes, and knees. All of them are amazingly weak joints in their own ways. Pecs and glutes are just plain weak in general. Grazing them can result in a dismember if you pull it off right. They also are good sources of points for the multiplayer people. Elbows and knees are the second easiest to break, only in multiplayer, because the opponent puts force behind those joints and a simple grab can often put too much strain on the joint, causing it to snap.

3 main types of dismember movements:

Contact - direct hits
Tension - using the joints movements to break itself
Rips - pulling the joint far enough from it's connected joint/limb block so it breaks.

Ya... dismembering in a nutshell.

Originally Posted by KronosLord View Post
I have been experimenting on joint weekness latley and I came up with a few things that might help.

KL's short guide to easier Dismembering
. I have watched hundreds of new players post replays of them struggling to get a dismemberment... So I have decided to post a short guide to all the new players that are in need of learning to Dismember.

#1 I have learned that Even just the slightest tap to a joint can lower the Dt(Dismemberment threshhold) on it. I can give a tap to his abbs and give another punch and got the Dm, I tried it without the tap And could not do it( still improving on my punching so Im sure someone else might be able to do it).
#2 most of you already know this but the ground helps alot. I in particular like throwing the torso, it has many joints and when hits the ground can easily get a very interesting boom.

#3 if the uke or a bunch of the uke is falling above you( can easily happen with a manipulation) it it very easy to Dm with his weight falling onto your momentum. I reconmend you raise gravity just a bit not to much but if you raise it any more than it is you can have a potential boom.

I know it is very short but It might help.
If you dont completly understand whta im saying watch these replays and they all have examples of what you can potentialy do.
they are only took like 5 minutes so they are not my best

#1 Tapping lowers Dt
#2 ground has effect
#3 momentum from the air
http://www.box.net/shared/k0auzmhrmx
http://www.box.net/shared/gssyihgcgb

Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
I dunno unknown, last Time I played, it was 80. But still the same anyway.

My tut on dismembering: (I haven't played in 6 months, dont be too harsh on me)
Pulling: Pulling a joint off can dismember it, most of the time. It depends what joints you're using. Pulling off a limb is hard to practice, and the main movements are coming from the elbows, chest and wrists. Small joints like wrists are very useful, dont underestimate them.

Snapping: While you're in a pulling motion, you might have alot of trouble. Snapping a joint would be much easier and less stress for you. However, bending a joint isnt very useful at all, because... well thats what joints naturally do (In this case virtually). So what you want to do is either bend uke/your opponents joint in the opposite direction OR snap it off with your leg by pressing on it. What you autta do is contract your knee, extend your hip (I believe), contract your pecs and bring the joint towards you with your shoulders. (As I said don't be so harsh on me) You are now in a snapping position.

Kicking: Kicking an opponnent isn't all in the knees and hips. It is mostly in your ankles, Chest AND knees. You might want to start off with a position which can power your kick juuuuust enough so you can dismember easily. Don't just try the kick in the position that tori is in, it will never work.
Relax your ankle that you're kicking with, just so you can get enough bend on it to send your opponents head or upper body flying.

Punching: Punching also relies mainly in the chest. While turning your chest, if you wanna try something a bit relaxed, try relaxing your pec that you're punching with. Don't relax your wrist or it will go floppy and most likely be dismembered itself.

As you can see I am an ex-gamer who has nothing better to do with his life, take care.

Originally Posted by OfUnknown View Post
That is a lie, the dismemberment threshold in Judo is actually the normal threshold of 100. The reason why dismembering is easier in Judo than opposed to classic is because it's close distance making it easy to make a fast grab, and the long turn frame, in which you can damage a lot without your opponent defending them selves against a wide variety of moves you could pick from.

Last edited by Slycooper; Sep 5, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
I've seen this post 3 times in the past day.

It's very nice and descriptive, though. And by "Aikido is a low gravity based mod," don't you mean Aikido is a high-gravity based mod?
Originally Posted by GuardianDuo View Post
I've seen this post 3 times in the past day.

It's very nice and descriptive, though. And by "Aikido is a low gravity based mod," don't you mean Aikido is a high-gravity based mod?

Im not sure, its one or the other. I thought High Gravity meant you fly really high. Here is the reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HLqY...e=channel_page
Read the description.

They jump pretty high, and he mentions high gravity, so I am not sure.
High gravity means you have a greater amount of force pulling on you, usually down in this case.

So aikido is high gravity.

Also, dismembers happen easiest with the hands and the feet. These locations can generate the most amount of momentum behind a hit and they ghost only occaisionally.

Easiest locations to dismember are the pecs, elbows, glutes, and knees. All of them are amazingly weak joints in their own ways. Pecs and glutes are just plain weak in general. Grazing them can result in a dismember if you pull it off right. They also are good sources of points for the multiplayer people. Elbows and knees are the second easiest to break, only in multiplayer, because the opponent puts force behind those joints and a simple grab can often put too much strain on the joint, causing it to snap.

3 main types of dismember movements:

Contact - direct hits
Tension - using the joints movements to break itself
Rips - pulling the joint far enough from it's connected joint/limb block so it breaks.

Ya... dismembering in a nutshell.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
>_>

Thats not cheating, thats editing the game rules. Also, that lowers the threshold for you aswell.