ES Recruitment Drive
Join me and my horde of sun-worshipping lunatics people. We have cookies and a punch bowl.

Either that or become a pastafarian. As long as you believe in a higher power, cthulu will spare you.
Hoss.
To be honest mate, asking around on a forum for a religion isn't going to get you very far.. Eh, I don't have a religion, or a belief, can't be bothered believing in that stuff. I don't label myself (am i indie yet) with any religion or belief. Meh.
<sireal> chuck you're a gay cunt
<Chuck_Gaming> I am
I'm going to be the edgy hipster here and give an answer different than everyone else's.

I was born into a Christian family and I still hold a rather watered down faith in Christianity. I feel like there has to be a god out there. I'm not saying I need some cosmic being to control my life for me, and I'm not saying I depend on religion for my morals. I just can't not believe there's a god out there that set everything in motion. I find the possibility of everything in existence happening by accident in a few dozen billion years very unlikely.
Atheism is for hipsters.
oh ok

Also, what sireal said. 'cept I call myself ignostic.
Yes ignostic, not agnostic.
How are you?
Originally Posted by Hellnkellr View Post
I'm going to be the edgy hipster here and give an answer different than everyone else's.

I was born into a Christian family and I still hold a rather watered down faith in Christianity. I feel like there has to be a god out there. I'm not saying I need some cosmic being to control my life for me, and I'm not saying I depend on religion for my morals. I just can't not believe there's a god out there that set everything in motion. I find the possibility of everything in existence happening by accident in a few dozen billion years very unlikely.

so your unusual and innovative reply is that you believe in a higher power but don't go deep into any specific religion? hate to break it for you, but welcome to the first half of the internet

(the second half is the kind of atheist that blindly believes in no religion, completely shunning any form of deity therefore replicating every other religion ever when in power)
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
Atheism is for hipsters.
oh ok

Dat reading comprehension. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough though. I was drawing attention to the fact that I'm the odd man out since I'm a theist.

Also to Sid - I guess I must've missed that side of the internet. I haven't really found anywhere on the internet that isn't populated by people that don't browse Reddit atheism.
Last edited by Hellnkellr; Apr 24, 2012 at 07:27 AM.
Originally Posted by Hellnkellr View Post
Dat reading comprehension. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough though. I was drawing attention to the fact that I'm the odd man out since I'm a theist.

Also to Sid - I guess I must've missed that side of the internet. I haven't really found anywhere on the internet that isn't populated by people that don't browse Reddit atheism.

I've never visited Reddit. I know what it's about but I've never been interested in taking a peek.
Hellnkellr: that's because you're new here. Take a while and explore the internet outside of 4chan and reddit, you'll find a world that really finds 4chan and reddit silly, idiotic, and pretty late with most trends. Welcome to where the real shit starts.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Theism is for hipsters.
oh ok

Your belief isn't really special, I know many people who think exactly like that. vOv

I personally am fine with most religious views and people, the only ones who bother me are the self-proclaimed missionaries and crazy lunatics who put their religion above everything else.
Exchanging ideas etc, however, is important.
Last edited by Redundant; Apr 24, 2012 at 07:35 AM.
How are you?
Originally Posted by sid View Post
Hellnkellr: that's because you're new here. Take a while and explore the internet outside of 4chan and reddit, you'll find a world that really finds 4chan and reddit silly, idiotic, and pretty late with most trends. Welcome to where the real shit starts.

Like me! Except for I always thought that 4chan was where the trends spawned. Or were that just the so called 'memes'?
(I've only visited 4chan once)