Toribash
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
I've never visited Reddit. I know what it's about but I've never been interested in taking a peek.

I didn't mean that literally. See below

Originally Posted by sid View Post
Hellnkellr: that's because you're new here. Take a while and explore the internet outside of 4chan and reddit, you'll find a world that really finds 4chan and reddit silly, idiotic, and pretty late with most trends. Welcome to where the real shit starts.

I'm aware that 4chan and Reddit aren't the whole internet. I was comparing their beliefs with the beliefs of people ON Reddit and 4chan. I've met a LOT of extremists on both sides of the spectrum in my time and while they probably make up quite a small percent of the internet population, they're usually the "loudest" so to speak. The point I'm trying to make is, idiots are everywhere.

Redundant - I wasn't saying my beliefs were special. I was saying they were unique to this thread since there was only one other theist besides myself that posted. I think you all are reading too much into what I'm posting.
Last edited by Hellnkellr; Apr 24, 2012 at 07:42 AM.
Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
I've been a deist for about a year now, but something doesn't seem right. I can't seem to find a religion that I can truly believe, after being freed from the brainwashing that my parents did to me through christianity (I'm still recovering).

Can anyone suggest one that just makes sens? So far I'm looking into Wicca and I agree with a lot of the ideals but honestly, I don't think I'm a spiritual enough person.

Any ideas?
Originally Posted by lumpysolo View Post
Agnostic.

Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
I'm not one for unanswered questions, and I bbelieve in a higher power/powers. I'm honestly torn between deism and paganism

Within agnosticism, we have a group called "agnostic theists".

An agnostic theist is one who assumes to be unaware of the existence of God (or another form of divinity), but believe in its existence.
According to what you posted, at the time, you're in the Irreligion. But really, Deism (a conceptual change that is part of Irreligion) fits better with their concepts.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Sly, there's no rush to find a religion. If you aren't finding anything that suits your ideals or beliefs right now, it's best to just keep on going through life naturally. Something will come up eventually that will resonate with you. Whether it happens early or later is not known, but it should happen at one point or another.

Until then, just keep an open mind and ear available.

This is the best option.
Maintain the free-thinking while you do not find anything that fits within their concepts/beliefs is the ideal path to be followed.
Originally Posted by Hellnkellr View Post
I find the possibility of everything in existence happening by accident in a few dozen billion years very unlikely.

The existence of "gods" is also unlikely, and yet the majority of the world, is an adherent of a religion with a God adept.

We are still taking the first steps in search of a definitive theory for the emergence of the universe. However, scientists are still tireless in the search for answers using the most advanced mathematical Theory of Superstrings and M Theory, to maybe one day, find out how was the beginning of the universe.

Well, my family is Christian, and for a long time to explain things to me about religion, how it works, anyway... Unlike many other Christian families, my family has always left me free to follow the path which I consider correct, in the case of belief/ideology.

I, as an agnostic atheist, do not believe in the existence of a God, but do not discount its existence, until science proved otherwise.

The understanding of metaphysical problems, such as the existence of God is unknowable or inaccessible to human understanding to the extent that they exceed the empirical method of scientific evidence, so the knowledge the existence of God is considered impossible.
Originally Posted by guyoliveirah
until science proved otherwise

That is, I'll continue not believing in the existence of a God.
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I realise this is in off topic so I don't have to give some sort of substantiated answer like the fool above me.

The thread is here to be read and discussed. And if I wanted to give a well reasoned response to the subject and you do not, what's the problem? I'm a fool for giving my opinion when she was asked? You were simply ignorant.
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I can't even be bothered reading it.

Poft, do not read.
Last edited by Morbid; Apr 24, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
I realise this is in off topic so I don't have to give some sort of substantiated answer like the fool above me. I can't even be bothered reading it.

But what gets me is, everyone in here so amped about religion. The discussion goes stale every time with an uppity atheist, a big headed christian and everyone in between posting some sort of strange explanation for their view.
Like this one.

You don't even need to think about religion. I don't. I don't give any thought to it, I don't care what happens to me when I die. Cause whatever happens, will.
I also don't want someone telling me that I should go for some mysticism religion because my views match, because I'm not looking for a religion. I do life, it's good, not live under the rule of some higher power. Who the fuck wants to NOT eat meat on a friday. I want a fucking sausage. But each to their own, I'm not THAT guy.

Yeah.
lol
Sly, I think this site will help: http://www.religionfacts.com/

I myself believe in god. I'm a Muslim. In Islam, God (Allah) is an unknown being and unknowable. I personally believe in a 'programmer-like god'.

However, I think death will be the answer of the existence of god questions. Just live the life, do things, wait for death.
I'm a Christian, A Catholic, to be specific, I believe in God, I love my religion, I just hate most Christians who act without reason, the people who don't care for other decisions, the people who persecute gay people. The people who hate all religions other than theirs, yeah.
Idiots. I hate idiots.
I believe in a higher power, due to the fact that our bodies, are so huge, in the way that we have trillions of cells and shit, and all of these work together, our system works together to get things done, everything in the world, coexists with each other, we can reason,we affect each other in different ways!
It think it's impossible that clashing of rocks made life that soon evolved into what we are today.
We're just gas? Elements? Chemicals then?
Just my opinion, because everything seems to be part of a grand scheme.
Hi.
(Acesonnall here)

If you feel as if you were brainwashed, you're parents didn't teach you well or correctly and therefore, I don't blame you for doubting this religion. As a matter of fact. A user on here by the name of g0dhatesus had the same situation of which I found out by logic and experience with this religion and clarified to him the truth.

Christianity is the way to go and if you have any conflicting views about why it isn't, I would gladly talk with you to help you understand what it really means to be a Christian. Anyone who says that if you're not a Christian, then you're going to hell is not a proper Christian by God as they don't determine that and that's just wrong. Any Christian that correlates the words "God" and "hate" in a sentence is also confused. And finally, any Christian that can't logically justify most of their knowledge is not only confused, but uneducated.

There is a huge misconception from us Christians that we deny all science and logic and this is usually because of the work of "Stupid Christian" and "Atheists". Now I have some atheist friends that don't talk badly about Christianity, but still don't know some things. Of course in the end, it's your choice, but make sure you're making your choice off of full knowledge about the other options.

If you're interested in hearing more about how Christianity really is by God and not the false sense, let me know. I have all the time.

In the mean time, here is a site that provides facts that refute common negative arguments about Christians (With actual logic and evidence): http://www.amazingfacts.org/

Have to navigate the site a little to find what you are looking for.
-----
Originally Posted by ARMIN0 View Post
Why do you even have to have a religion?
Have you ever tried justifying things for yourself?
Religion is something you need to find, it's not something that a person can suggest.
Also, before you go for any religion; answer this:
Why do you need one?

He is an example of a Christian who knows why he's a Christian unlike some others.
-----
Originally Posted by Hellnkellr View Post
I'm going to be the edgy hipster here and give an answer different than everyone else's.

I was born into a Christian family and I still hold a rather watered down faith in Christianity. I feel like there has to be a god out there. I'm not saying I need some cosmic being to control my life for me, and I'm not saying I depend on religion for my morals. I just can't not believe there's a god out there that set everything in motion. I find the possibility of everything in existence happening by accident in a few dozen billion years very unlikely.

Same here, but that's not my only reason.
Last edited by ScmedyYoU; Apr 24, 2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
ugh, please don't discuss religion on the forum. that's never going to end well.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today