Ranking
The UN's only purpose is to avoid a war between the great powers (those who have veto power in the security council).
Not a single state on the planet would agree to giving up it's right to maintain a conventional force.
Also, the Ukraine is Russia's back yard, and the UN can't do anything about it if Putin feels like invading. Russia has veto power anyways, the UN can't do anything about them.
I honestly think we got much more sidetracked then we needed to be. Basically, anything the Un or the Us does will either further worsen relationships with Iran. I believe the best course of action is to stay attentive for imminent danger but not to full out bomb them. By going on the defensive, your protecting your armies and your towns and cities from danger without having massive political problems. If Russia has defensive nukes, why can't Iran? I've never seen Iran as a very war hungry country and as TDC said "Since then, the Iranian govts. still haven’t really cooled down about all that - but the new generation of Iranians, a generation that doesn't remember the Shah as much, is more inclined towards positive change.". Relationships can get better once the government officials come in and they can strike an agreement like the US is doing with Cuba. Then the whole thing will defuse and all will be well. However, I don't believe Nuclear Non-Proliferation act is the way to go. Look at it this way. If a country trys to use nuclear missiles, they should stop themselves because they know they can't use that land(Because if they win that war, they should at least get something as war spoils like land) and if they do launch, they already have bases and many other things like NORAD in place to counter nukes. Plus, if you miss and some of that nuclear radiation goes into other countries things could get really hairy. Nukes would only work overseas. That gives the Us tons of time to counter the missile. Nuclear weapons like guns won't work since rad suits would just easily block the radiation. Convential weapons would be the best option because nuclear weapons cause too much damage to be able to be used in a war unless a weaker nuclear explosive was made and even then, that land would be wasteland for millions of years. Not worth it. It ends up just not being ever worth it unless you just really hate them.
Sincerely,
Qukslice

Protonitron Moderated Message:
You posted two practically identical posts with the same starts, I assumed that you were trying to edit the original so I left the second post.
Last edited by Zelda; Feb 22, 2015 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Stated
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15