Ranking
Original Post
I make anotha edit

Hey I'm back with another edit to my Favorite Coldplay song, featuring my favorite quote from my favorite movie. I hope you enjoy it. The edit is on the faster side for the song, but idk felt it wasn't "too bad."

Song: We Never Change by ColdPlay
Quote: Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
Replays: Mack, Roi, Xioi

Twixtor & RSMB on After Effects CC
and CC on Final Cut Pro (because it's easier for me)
24FPS

Last edited by matarika; Feb 13, 2018 at 08:20 AM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Cool video. Lots of improvement once again. Your flow is really good here, specifically from the first replay to the second. Good to see you're trying to keep the tori centered. Makes tricking replays better to look at.

You could've definitely been more involved with this one I'd say. There isn't much going on in the song, so each sound it makes can be emphasized with some sort of effect, similarly to what you did at :17. That was the best part of the edit for me. This one would benefit from some super clean/smooth/refined pancrop synced with the tricks.

The madman was out of place, I'd say you could've picked a better once, since you didn't really edit the ukebashing part rather than the opener at the beginning. After that, you kind of just let the replay play out from what seems to be a static speed.

Color correction is subjective, but to me I think the colors could be chosen better. I'm a believer in color correction being just correction, as in more subtle. You should use a different color scenery before color correcting it to be more red. After it's all put together, you have this mess of red and blue with high contrast, then the toris are totally black sometimes.

low fps with rsmb looks kinda iffy imo.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

pretty boring in total, and nothing i haven't seen before in a short edit
the song doesn't seem to fit the visuals at all so the mood isn't met or even created
one is the colors, speed and motion of the shot
tyzi says this is all subjective, but i think moods are pretty standard and colors/styles emit these quite consistently
since you chose a rather slow song, none of these shots should be fast, and these colors are too upbeat and/or bright for it

another personal thing is that those black bars are terrible and idk when they became a norm on edits, but they make everything look like a badly cropped movie
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
@Hobo about like Upbeat/Bright colors with slower songs, would the use of bright colors and cc be justified If the mood i was going for was Sunshine/Pure/Bright. Indicated through the white, and the glows and the sunshines. and the video theme being "eternal sunshine? As if I used a darker CC it would've felt sadder and more mellow, which wasn't really what I was going for.
-----
and I agree it's a little empty of effects, I'm still experimenting in after effects to find effects I like and want to use, as im still new to using them and would want to use them correctly. This was more of a test of really finding the right flow which slower songs are better for me to do.
Last edited by matarika; Feb 13, 2018 at 10:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
honestly i didn't even look at the title, since a name of something doesn't immediately describe it's contents, just like the name of a painting doesn't give you a sense of sunshine even if a ball of blackness is named "Sunshine happiness"

you have to remember that all aspects of your product need to fit your theme, or else it's always lost in translation
from what i can see you have 3 different moods all smashed together with your title, cc and replay speed, and finally your song
since these are all contradicting one another you don't focus anything properly

i do understand how you'd like to force your favorite song into this mold but a square is a square, and those replays did not fit with the rest of your work
i think this is a bigger deal than actually adding more elements - fix your mood first
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again