Ranking
when's movie night.

Steven Universe Movie - Other Friends

so the human zoo episode, which i remember in parts as being pretty weird. it turned me off completely to the whole show but i think I'll give it another shot. maybe the movie, because I enjoy Spinel's voice acting. mighty fine.

in the human zoo episode all their needs were taken care of by a godlike voice and they were all happy. how gross

but in retrospect i think i can relate the episode a lot to different things

i kinda wanna talk about it but then i remember i'm not good at that.

i feel nice for the first time in a long time.
Last edited by absaglute; Nov 13, 2019 at 04:23 AM.
Originally Posted by absaglute View Post
when's movie night.

That's, like, a good question. Maybe not this week cuz of the rush-deadline thing, you know, the thing.
so the human zoo episode, which i remember in parts as being pretty weird. it turned me off completely to the whole show but i think I'll give it another shot. maybe the movie, because I enjoy Spinel's voice acting. mighty fine.

in the human zoo episode all their needs were taken care of by a godlike voice and they were all happy. how gross

but in retrospect i think i can relate the episode a lot to different things

i kinda wanna talk about it but then i remember i'm not good at that.

I Think This Is Interesting. I don't have anything to say about it, I just liked reading it. You reacting to and processing things. I don't just like the sound of my own voice, that's a relief.
i feel nice for the first time in a long time.

I am a fan of this fact.

on the topic of good vibes, recently until this morning I had this vague lump of sour vibes lurking in the back of my mind kind of discoloring things, but i think i solved it so i'm pretty sure i'm fine now
Last edited by Brackass; Nov 13, 2019 at 06:53 PM.
i was just going to go for it anyway. if i didn't have an act now and apologize later attitude, i wouldn't be here. not that there aren't acts you can't take back. ehhh

but then i realized i would be seguing into like an essay of paragraphs of stuff.

if you guys watch the human zoo episode, give me your take on it.

anyway here's an essay about fight club http://publish.uwo.ca/~dmann/fight%2...ting%20elk.htm

can we get movie night scheduled for next week?

edit: brackass (bntt) recently had a spar (movement and running practice). i think i was trying to give advice on stuff to do. but it sorta makes me uncomfortable to tell people to do stuff. probably because i don't have a solid footing in my mind to do that, and also secondarily some part of me thinks that telling people to do stuff blames them for not following rules I make up. i think that's probably not the case but I'm not sure why. at the same time I see how it totally works depending

the same part of me thinks that improving the world is selfish, especially if nobody else wants it changed. like the steven universe human zoo episode. makes everyone cry.

also the episode makes me think of God.

i want to segue into the We Bare Bears show episode where the bears worship/fight over a $100 bill. i hated that episode. but i think i can relate it to a lot of things. ugh.
Last edited by absaglute; Nov 14, 2019 at 06:02 AM.
i think i was trying to give advice on stuff to do. but it sorta makes me uncomfortable to tell people to do stuff. probably because i don't have a solid footing in my mind to do that, and also secondarily some part of me thinks that telling people to do stuff blames them for not following rules I make up. i think that's probably not the case but I'm not sure why. at the same time I see how it totally works depending

i think it just depends on context/setup. well, that and how you respond to how they respond to your advice. But "setup"-wise, advice/guidelines that have been asked for seem fine. And they also don't seem like "rules" necessarily, unless you try to enforce them. I don't think I asked for advice, but I also didn't take your ideas/offerings as rules or as something you would be bothered by me not jumping to follow, so I didn't have a problem.

(edit: Rethinking "I don't think I asked for advice", I was making some effort to walk so I was on some level open to tips/suggestions, but I still like experimenting on my own, and following rules really doesn't seem like the most efficient way to really learn something, so I wasn't likely to treat any tips as rules regardless.)

rules can probably be fine too in context. like if two people agree on a rule, and they both have the authority to change their mind about it, or something. or if it's some kind of life or death situation and the rule-maker knows what's up, etc. Although "life or death situation and the rule-maker knows what's up" is the basis for some religions so even that is... situational.
the same part of me thinks that improving the world is selfish, especially if nobody else wants it changed. like the steven universe human zoo episode. makes everyone cry.

idk depends on underlying motive and exact method and also Complicated Situational Factors(TM). i don't seem to feel much drive to improve "the world" on the large scale, although, thinking about it, I should probably at least research more than I do and vote since it's not like i don't think Shit's Fucked(TM) in various ways, but I don't think it's healthy to feel that responsible for things so far outside myself. at least i'm not much of a Consumer.

i'd vote for someone who made it less legal or more expensive to continuously release New and Improved versions of things/tech every year because holy fuck can we just say we have "pretty amazing" phones/computers/clothing etc now and stop churning out endless streams of new shit to go in the garbage? thanks. bonus points if more stuff was produced that was designed be usable forever and be maintainable/reparable or at least genuinely recyclable.

also: more biodegradable stuff, mandatorily. less endless production of things that will barely be used and will end up clogging some natural ecosystem somewhere. yeah.

i mean the planet will become uninhabitable eventually, when the sun fucking burns out or whatever it does a very long time from now, but what's the rush. when can we start doing things sustainably. come on.
also the episode makes me think of God.

i don't like thinking about "God" if i can help it I spent enough time on that in my childhood and I think it was unnecessarily stressful
i want to segue into the We Bare Bears show episode where the bears worship/fight over a $100 bill. i hated that episode. but i think i can relate it to a lot of things. ugh.

I've actually never heard of We Bare Bears before now. I can relate to hating watching an episode of a TV show but I can't relate to deliberately watching something I hate, or find ugly and demoralizing, or just banal and heavy-handed. which seems to be a lot of TV. I uh don't pay much attention to The News. i just wander off. idk if i want to watch this mentioned Human Zoo Episode.

Re: Movie Night: uhhhHHH I dunno I'll come back to this.

Re: Fight Club essay: ¡Qué interesante!

music time

vibes

also vibes

Last edited by Brackass; Nov 14, 2019 at 10:58 AM. Reason: é
liberate north korea

Lorde - Everybody Wants to Rule The World (tlok amv)

i quit after season 1 because i couldn't stand korramako but evidently the show did a complete confusion on me so maybe i should watch the rest

is this enough media for our art geek clan

thanks for the daily spanish lesson brackass, gracias
Last edited by absaglute; Nov 14, 2019 at 10:10 PM.
Speaking of AMVs made with that song, my sister made an AMV with that song and Fate/Zero.

so here's that

I think it's excellent in terms of both matching/timing the musical elements to elements in the scenes and matching the lyrics to fitting scenes so the whole meaning/theme fits together pretty well. I mean, Fate/Zero is about a bunch of not-heroic people fighting over something that would grant them a wish, so it suits the song overall. But it's much more precisely-crafted, and is much more coherent, and rewards re-watching to notice more details much more, than tons of AMVs out there. IMO.

Although, of course, catching the meaning and connections requires having actually seen the anime.
Last edited by Brackass; Nov 14, 2019 at 10:45 PM.
i haven't seen the anime so the meanings flew over me. i was only able to appreciate the transitions and stuff

most people don't want to rule the world. i don't think they care to and also don't care.
i haven't seen the anime

ok if we get a pattern of movie nights going we should watch Fate/Zero at some point

although it's a prequel to Fate/Stay Night (which I don't know all that much about), it doesn't require that context. And it's written by the guy who wrote Madoka Magica.

...I realize I have no idea if you've seen Madoka Magica. (I know Fluffs has.)
i've seen it and one of the movies.

according to tumblr at some point homura becomes some kind of lucifer character and I didn't watch that.
oh neat. Yeah there's 3 movies iirc and the first 2 are just basically the show but slightly improved/revised. And the third movie is a continuation of the narrative, including Homura becoming some kind of lucifer character. I've seen the third movie and I totally thought it was an engaging, visually captivating watch with a wonderful soundtrack (continuing/extending the wonderful soundtrack of the TV series) and interesting themes. so yeah.

so that and Fate/Zero could both show up in Movie Nights at some point. they both have really interesting themes and explore them in a not-heavy-handed way, just having people with different values and priorities clash against each other.

feel free to announce that you actually hated Madoka Magica and that therefore these aren't good movie night material, If True. although the way that Fate/Zero touches on some themes we talked about recently makes me think it'd be a fun watch.
Last edited by Brackass; Nov 16, 2019 at 01:36 AM.