Toribash
View Poll Results: Post on forums?
Just because the forums are awesome.
500 Votes / 49.41%
I'm a moderator, I need to post on the forums.
47 Votes / 4.64%
My friends/affiliates/everyone else post here.
99 Votes / 9.78%
I don't post here, I just came for Support because something broke ingame.
20 Votes / 1.98%
The admins are super funny to piss off.
112 Votes / 11.07%
Other, and I promise to explain in the thread.
99 Votes / 9.78%
It's where the cash flows, silly!
135 Votes / 13.34%
Voters: 1012. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Why people post on the forums?
And, conversely, why they spend so much time on it? Seems to me it's a bit of a community effect, and a bit of a lack of the pressure that games and other contest environments put us in. IRC seems to have a large step up in activity due to immediate gratification, but it seems a bit of the userbase is technology or people timid. I can easily see some people coming here just because making the admins go all RAGE can be somewhat amusing.

So guys, why do you post on the forums instead of slaving your lives away for another dan?
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
I think most people are here for the social gratification. Some people just are not good at Toribash, its a hard game. So people just come to forums and act cool and stuff, then suddenly they're smod/admin/GK, because everybody likes them.

Personally I decided to take a break. My grades fell and I've been picking them up. Also I just got a ps3 so I am more into that.
Needs to be multiple choice.

For one thing, I don't come here just because my friends post here, but because everybody posts here, and it's a great way to share thoughts and ideas and discuss current events and such.

Also, I still slave away for another dan, but playing constantly is seriously tedious. I like to get to know the community and understand the other people who play toribash.

Being in a clan is the only thing that I consider to be an obligation to post on the forums. It's a better way to stay in touch, and ties you more closely together with the other people in your clan.

Finally, it's easily the best way to get items or art for your tori.
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
Needs to be multiple choice.

For one thing, I don't come here just because my friends post here, but because everybody posts here, and it's a great way to share thoughts and ideas and discuss current events and such.

Also, I still slave away for another dan, but playing constantly is seriously tedious. I like to get to know the community and understand the other people who play toribash.

Being in a clan is the only thing that I consider to be an obligation to post on the forums. It's a better way to stay in touch, and ties you more closely together with the other people in your clan.

Finally, it's easily the best way to get items or art for your tori.

I was figuring a "Please answer what you feel is the most important factor is", and I would change it but it seems the vBulletin is annoying. I'll add Toricredits though, and you're free to choose the "Other" option.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
MODERATOR MODERATOR MODERATOR

But yeah blak yelled at me for not being active enough so I kind of have an obligation to be active now.

):
Wibbles.

No seriously, wibbles lets me look at the idiots and lets me be an idiot, without getting in trouble.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
irc + forums are something to do while waiting in line in mp.

Also being a replay maker for a while, it's the only place I was able to post my stuff where it would be seen :V

edit for clarity: I think a lot of people are big on forums here because this game seems to be very heavy on interaction between people. It isnt like tf2 or something where you can jump in and play a few games then leave never talking to anyone. You could play a lot of fps games and such and never get involved with the community, but on toribash, because items, news, replays, art etc revolves around forums, more people become active here.

Compared to like an mmo where absolutely everything you need for the game (news, community interaction, gameplay, market etc) is inside the client, the client of tb is basically only the game itself. So people turn to the forums for community interaction.
Last edited by Mosier; Jun 3, 2010 at 04:14 AM.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when