Ranking
Karstnator: Please remember to fully explain your posts and be articulate and stuff, you're cutting it a little close to the useless post line bro. But it's nice to see you here, haven't seen you around these parts in a while.
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by codyward View Post
yeah i thought about that after i posted, i was ranting a bit i hate the anti smokers wanting to take something i love away from me. But yes the anti-smoking ads have discouraged some from smoking cigarettes, but i dont feel like they have the right to make it illegal, which i dont think it will in america.

fun fact: North Carolina (my home state) has been one of the centers of the US tobacco industry. North Carolina ranks first in the United States in the production of tobacco, with 2006 annual farm income of $506.2 million. So tobacco doesn't just cost the government money, they make a lot from it. This also is the reason i dont think tobacco will become illegal here, my state was founded off of it.

>tobacco farms make $506.1 mil
>costs the government $760 mil

i dont know what kind of maths youre doing but it certainly isn't right
by the way, "the government" doesn't even farm tobacco.
Consider likely the cost of enforcing the ban on tobacco and add it to the profit before doing further maths please, it seems like all the options are pricey.
Easy solution, make the fine extremely high. Nobody wants to pay a few thousand for a pack of cigs.

Also, I was only working with the numbers I was given in the thread, I don't even know if they're correct.
Originally Posted by Organs View Post
Easy solution, make the fine extremely high. Nobody wants to pay a few thousand for a pack of cigs.

Well, then you're crossing a sacred line in taxing. Taxes are supposed to be used for revenue, not for altering the behaviour of your populace. If you think about it, it's a very noble and judicial notion, really.

Also, I was only working with the numbers I was given in the thread, I don't even know if they're correct.

Trust me, the costs of cigs is in the billions. The info's available everywhere (and in my earlier post).
Last edited by Ele; Feb 26, 2015 at 04:20 PM.
>tobacco farms make $506.1 mil
>costs the government $760 mil

i dont know what kind of maths youre doing but it certainly isn't right
by the way, "the government" doesn't even farm tobacco.

you seem ignorant, a bit of research before jumping into a arguement wouldn't have been hard to do. But to correct you, the gov makes money off TAX from cigarettes. This country was founded off of tobacco, when we first colonized we traded tobacco for money, it played a big part in building america. Oh yeah that 506.2 mil is from ONE state out of the US, cigarettes will not be illegal in america and that's that. I'm off this thread all these anti smoking kids are impossible to argue with. Have a nice day on this discussion.
weed + fire= happiness
It isn't ignorant unless someone actually specifically told him the information and he actively decided to ignore it. I feel like he just didn't realise his sources were as untrustworthy as you say they are. And whether something has a part in making America or not is pretty unimportant to how acceptable it is in society. I feel like you are on the right side of the discussion but your not helping yourself much with your aggression. Just saying...
How many ways do I have to explain this. The money gained from taxing tobaccos is absolutely nothing in comparison the total cost of tobacco to society. I even posted a source that backs this up.
Originally Posted by codyward View Post
you seem ignorant, a bit of research before jumping into a arguement wouldn't have been hard to do. But to correct you, the gov makes money off TAX from cigarettes. This country was founded off of tobacco, when we first colonized we traded tobacco for money, it played a big part in building america. Oh yeah that 506.2 mil is from ONE state out of the US, cigarettes will not be illegal in america and that's that. I'm off this thread all these anti smoking kids are impossible to argue with. Have a nice day on this discussion.

America was also built on slavery, turns out that slavery isn't necessarily a good thing.
Smoking (recent PSA explosion)
Lol. Everyone knows that cigs are easily more deadly then most narcotics in existence, but nobody cares about that. :P

Why go out of your way to buy cigs when you can just turn on your car and inhale the smoke? Same results, just different time span.
Zelda Moderated Message:
Exhaust fumes don't contain nicotine.
Last edited by Zelda; Mar 4, 2015 at 09:34 AM.