Ranking
Guys, trust me. Brazil won't win this cup. Our team isn't what you guys are expecting. Probably Spain or Argentina. I'm Brazilian, and believe me, when you see thing from inside, you see it real face. Maybe 2014, but now, I don't think so.
Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post
Spains lacking 2 of its best defenders. England's players are just huge 6-7 feet giants that can physically dominate a game. Argentina's midfield can easily be compensated by the fact that with its offence it can lock an entire team to defense.

For england, you have terry and lampard. We know for a fact lampard rapes penalties, and he is a big guy, along with terry, England can physically dominate any of the games it will be in.

Marchena, Puyol, Piqué, Albiol and even Sergio Ramos in times of need aren't good enough for you? 3 of them are of the best of the world. I can't see who is missing... :|

Football is not just about physicality and attacking, and you know that. Poorly debated.
Sorry,but Spanish defense are overrated,they may look good on paper,but they actually aren't that good.Look at the Spanish league...I would like to see thiago silva for Brazil,also farewell Leo. ^^
Originally Posted by william405 View Post
Sorry,but Spanish defense are overrated,they may look good on paper,but they actually aren't that good.Look at the Spanish league...I would like to see thiago silva for Brazil,also farewell Leo. ^^

How are they overrated? They're certainly very compact, looking at the goals conceded by Spain in the qualifiers.
They just don't work well together,if I had to pick their weakest point,it would be defence.
They just don't work well together,if I had to pick their weakest point,it would be defence.

They surely must work well together, if the statistics say so. Spain was one of the national teams to have suffered the least number of goals in qualification. THEY ONLY CONCEDED 5 GOALS IN 10 GAMES, WHILE SCORING 28 IN 10 GAMES, in a group with Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turkey, Belgium, Estonia and Armenia. 3 of them are considered mid-top tier, and their attack is what shines about them.

They won all 10 games as follows:

Spain 1-0 Bosnia & Herzegovina
Spain 4-0 Armenia
Estonia 0-3 Spain
Belgium 1-2 Spain
Turkey 1-2 Spain
Spain 5-0 Belgium
Spain 3-0 Estonia
Armenia 1-2 Spain
Bosnia & Herzegovina 2-5 Spain
Spain 1-0 Turkey

Yes, Spain's weakest point is defense, but it is far from weak - it's amongst the best defenses in the world. Spain DOESN'T have a comparatively weak point, when comparing with other national teams. They've the best midfield in the world and arguably the best striker pairing in the world.

Please, counter my points with believable points.
You may be right,Last time I watched Spain was when they won Italy,1-0,in the final of Europe.Anyway,I don't want to talk statistics,I'll see they're ability in the world cup.
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Argentina? No thanks. Not calling up Cambiasso (best defensive midfielder around nowadays), Lucho, Lisandro Lopez (Palermo who? He's old now, and not good enough for the national team) and Aimar is definitely a way to get fucked over.

I disagree with lots of names in the list, trust me, but let´s see this: Palermo won the right of being there (he is like a play-mobil, but he is a SCORER, one of those who needs to be in the last minutes just to make random goals... check vids of him and see him yourself). I don´t agree about the exclution of Lucho and Lisandro López, but noone wants Cambiasso in the team: He had LOTS of chances for showing up what to do with the argentinian shirt, and he didn´t show nothing nice. Not calling Aimar, or saviola was a mistake too... but, Maradona should have his reasons...

Reddevil:Has really summed up my ideas.I would add that it was stupid from mardonna not to call up also Zanetti,the dude is so good,look at his hair ^^.I hate spain but they have a dream team.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by rafufu View Post
Reading this thread made me lol. It seems like most of you have no idea about football.

I'll start with Argentina - As highly as I rate Messi, he just doesn't turn up in the big games. He was non-existent against Inter, and again against Chelsea last year. Their Midfield (without Cambiasso) is distinctly average. Mascherano is decent, but others such as Rodriguez and Gutierrez just aren't up to standard. Their defence (without Zanetti) might even be weaker than the midfield. The choices for keeper are laughable. Having a coach that knows nothing about team spirit and motivation, and who has almost killed himself through drug abuse twice will not help either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj9ttroNoJo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNXq0PoueU

what the fuck are you talking about Messi?
Argentina is lacking of keepers atm, if you can see that... Maradona knows nothing about TEAM SPIRIT? ok, dude, its your opinion, but it sucks... and the passed his problems with drugs, as really few people could do...

Originally Posted by WarLost View Post
The Best Final Match

Brazil vs Angentina

Possible, and Epic.
Originally Posted by Tinerr View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj9ttroNoJo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNXq0PoueU

what the fuck are you talking about Messi?
Argentina is lacking of keepers atm, if you can see that... Maradona knows nothing about TEAM SPIRIT? ok, dude, its your opinion, but it sucks... and the passed his problems with drugs, as really few people could do...

Those videos proved nothing. I never said he was a bad player, in fact he is probably the best in the world. But when the pressure is really on, he doesn't deliver as often as a player of his quality should. This year's champions league is a great example. When Barca totally dominated Arsenal, Messi played some sublime football, better than anything I have ever seen. But in both legs against Inter, he was no where to be found. Also, Maradona is not over his problems. He is still a couple million dollars in debt and chronically obese. He never showed any promise or quality as a manager, and the only reason he got the job was because of how amazing he was on the pitch.