ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
The Future of Toribash
In this competition, your objective is to create what you think the future of Toribash will look like.
Will it be hadoken's and fireballs?

Or more realistic joints?
The more creative, the better!
WARNING: GENITALIA WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, AND PUNISHMENT.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1. Post your pic on tinypic, imageshack and/or photobucket, or if is a video, post it on youtube.
2. Embed your image or video into your post using , or [YOUTUBE.] url [/YOUTUBE]
3. Include a rough setting and background descripton for your entry.

PRIZES INCLUDE:

NABI SPONSORED:
100k for 1st Prize,
50k for 2nd Prize,
10k for 3rd Prize,
Imaginary Cookie for Honorable Mentions.

steveirwin
Last edited by evets; Mar 29, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
intense!!! haha different ideas some come close but are presented differently and have more or less stuff so ya both are good dont get worked up about it you both have the most stuff so far if im correct...
buttchouda i like thema ll but with those ideas there should be a on/off button somewhere.i mean for those friend replay sending things and such cause when you play on multiplayer and some one sends you a message it might screw your game up.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
just for fan..kinda skate modification...premade tricks...self made tricks ...hot keys...real time... dunno how it supposed to work

ps hawk stuf s*cks=]
Attached Thumbnails
future.JPG   bam.JPG  
Last edited by RomuS; May 5, 2009 at 05:19 PM.
my legs are sharp razors...my hands are steel hummers...my head is useless ball :D
dude... if you want to play skating games, go buy tony hawks' shit. in toribash, the twist is to make moves up yourself and not just click something and move like that. its a completely unique controling system which should not be touched or done automatically.
Talk your shit, be yourself
play the cards that you've been dealt. -E-Dubble

Hxcbbqimo: you're german
Hxcbbqimo: so you don't count
Originally Posted by aerox21 View Post
buttchouda i like thema ll but with those ideas there should be a on/off button somewhere.i mean for those friend replay sending things and such cause when you play on multiplayer and some one sends you a message it might screw your game up.

Funny thing is that I had that made already (but not completely) when I posted. And I said in my post that I'm not done.
BUTTCHOUDA
Buttchouda very nice ideas,but what about when your match starts,all of those mini tabs or windows automatically disapears,and an option or a square where u can tic and untic those tabs,just giving ideas
Your messed up world enthrills me
[UPDATE] Alright, I did not add anything BIG, but updated info and some other random stuff.

Please remember to read the information, not just look at the pictures. The information contains important information, too.
The concepts will be divided like this:

Information

So Here we go...

Information
Ok, since I have not supplied pictures for this, the explanation will probably turn into a dragged out paragraph or something of the sort. Basically, this would only have an effect with textures that have transparency, but...

A current head with transparency is shown so that if you look into the transparency, you can see through the head as if there's no design at all, disregarding any textures that may be shown on the other side of the head texture.

However, I believe that it would be better to "double-side" or whatever you may wish to call it, so that when you look through a head with transparency, you can see the designs on the other side.

The only way I can give an example is imagine having an invisible head with a mask on, then using the current transparency system, if you would look at the back of the head, you would see it as if there was no design on the whole head, but if this new transparency system was implemented, you would be able to see the design that's on the head as you would see it if it were...real? It's vey hard to explain without pictures, but I am busy and could not get some pictures PhotoShopped to explain this better.

I guess this same concept could be used for any texture part, too, I suppose.

Information
This would add an option allowing you to set/edit/create hot-keys for many useful features in Toribash, and maybe even allow you to create actions for a hot-key to do, such as recording set actions, then setting a hot-key that will replay the actions, like a macro. I guess that's what it would be.

Information
When the Esc button is pressed and the "Option Menu" is chosen, there would be another option, "Customize Menu". This menu (as shown above) would let you colorize, or in other words, edit the hue, of the current menu that you have applied. Also from this menu, you would be able to choose any image off of your hard drive to put as any specific part as your custom menu, regardless of it being a targa file or not.

When "More" is clicked.

Information
The idea is that more forum-in game interactivity is to be made, and would be even more so for the next suggestion. But main highlights of this concept would be that clicking on a name would bring up a nice, convenient menu that will nest the needs for ordinary users, server operators, and moderators/administrators. Also, if you are a spectator and click on any body part, if that player is wearing a texture on it, options like the name of the texture, the owner, the creator, if there is a thread that is currently selling it, and conveniently, a link to report the texture if it is plagurized, which would take a 360 view of the textures worn by the person and send the 3D model to a moderator/admin.

In the "Full Texture Sets" section

When "More" is clicked

Information
This would add an in-game market which would host many cool features, such as the Deal Finder, a texture shop, where everything will be nicely organized, and much more stuff, such as viewing private messages, or just YouShop/Texture purchase related private messages. Many more features are shown in the pictures above.

Information
Multiple new features:
-New "Toolbar" on the bottom of Toribash.
--Allows you to access many different popular features in "Future" and current Toribash.
--The Toolbar would be completely customizable on links, so if you have a texture set you are keeping your eye on in the forums, why not add a link to the thread at the bottom of Toribash, so it will always be convienently there when you would like to pull it up. Think of this as any toolbar customization for FireFox, Internet Explorer, etc.
--Additional Customization:
----Such as if you would want all windows to minimize right before a fight, or make it so you won't receieve any replays, by checking a box labeled "Block All Replays:" conveniently located in the settings menu which would be...somewhere.
----Also, there would be many more customizationable features such as maybe skins, icons, fonts, etc for it. The customizationable options would be endless!

-Friends List
--Adds a friends list that allows you to use many features between you and a friend.
--Invite: Invite the selected friend to your current game session.
--Chat: A "lite" version of any instant messaging program. Send and receive text from your friends!
--Forum Profile: Goes directly to the selected friend's forum profile page.
--Send Replay: Send a .rpl file to your friend over the game.
--Voice Chat: Talk using your real voice! No need to hide it with text. Unless you don't have a microphone...
--Challenge to a Duel: Challenge the selected friend to a duel. This would create a room non-joinable, and only is open for one match. Then closes.
--Send Mod: Send a mod for Toribash over Toribash to a friend.
--Block (Changes to "Unblock" when clicked): A friend annoying you? Block their communications with you!
--Remove Friend: Decided to not like someone anymore? Are they pissing you off? Well piss them off by removing them from your friends list!

Please remember to read the information, not just look at the pictures. The information contains important information, too.

Imprtant information is important.
BUTTCHOUDA
Double post because:

-I would like to contribute the discussion
-This would not stick out AT ALL if I posted it in that post of mine before^
__________________________________________________ ______________
His (steveirwin's) time zone is the same as mine, xTwistedx, so the competition will be ending in approximately 15 minutes (if all goes along the schedule), and I, too, nervously await the judgment. THIS IS JUDGMENT DAY.
BUTTCHOUDA