Toribash
Original Post
The Future of Toribash
In this competition, your objective is to create what you think the future of Toribash will look like.
Will it be hadoken's and fireballs?

Or more realistic joints?
The more creative, the better!
WARNING: GENITALIA WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, AND PUNISHMENT.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1. Post your pic on tinypic, imageshack and/or photobucket, or if is a video, post it on youtube.
2. Embed your image or video into your post using , or [YOUTUBE.] url [/YOUTUBE]
3. Include a rough setting and background descripton for your entry.

PRIZES INCLUDE:

NABI SPONSORED:
100k for 1st Prize,
50k for 2nd Prize,
10k for 3rd Prize,
Imaginary Cookie for Honorable Mentions.

steveirwin
Last edited by evets; Mar 29, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
heres my toribash dsi shop Click image for larger version

Name:	toribash dsi shop.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	113850
im struggling with trying to do the video,does anyone know of a free p.i.p video maker thingy?
Good idea on the "Played X Games and the win percentage" Gorman.

Also the others are pretty nice :3
damn my two ideas are already used xD

NDS Game: maybe I'll try a better version of it...

Realistic grafic but same gameplay... maybe some normal fighter and there appear some spheres arround there joints when you want to control them... something like that...)
▼ [CW] ▼ [OoT] ▼ [OLDA] ▼ [some more stuff I can't remember... ♥ [Addicted]
does anyone know of a good video editer like the one used in the demonstration or anything?
hopefully not that soon. i love this and i love the ideas of some people.
your texture set selection system is awesome xtwistedx! it would be great if the creators of texture sets could upload the texture set in a previewed torimodel version to a website and we could select it in the torishop ingame :]
Talk your shit, be yourself
play the cards that you've been dealt. -E-Dubble

Hxcbbqimo: you're german
Hxcbbqimo: so you don't count
Hey guys, its steveirwin.
I'll be back on monday.
If anyone was wondering, this competition is over on May 7th, if I didn't already say it.
Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
hopefully not that soon. i love this and i love the ideas of some people.
your texture set selection system is awesome xtwistedx! it would be great if the creators of texture sets could upload the texture set in a previewed torimodel version to a website and we could select it in the torishop ingame :]

Wow thanks man! I really hope i win! also i have been talking to a couple online programmer buddies of mine and they said that if i win they will work onan open source alpha test!!!!!!
personally, i dont like the idea of having guns, swords, and kamehameha type things in toribash...maybe as mods itd be cool, but not regularly...also, making toribash a full RPG, is a very strange idea as well...some of the things ppl have suggested are a lil too far fetched and taking away from what toibash really iz, a great fighting game that makes use of great physics.

As for what i think toribash could use in the future...
    1. 1.) better graphics(like pate5's graphics)
    2. 2.) different enviroments where you can choose(things like small stadiums, different background colors, and such)
    3. 3.) another cool idea would be to have the ppl waiting to fight, being in the environment somewhere near by cheering or booing...lol
    4. 4.) sumthin like a dressing room like when you go to the torishop in-game, but where you can try all the items you have on, even textures(but to do that, the textures would have to upload much quicker) and this would be so you can see what you look like before testing out in freeplay and having to go back and forth from game to shop to change.
    5. 5.) a greater and more advanced physics system (also like pate5's)
    6. 6.) more, and better, colors in the torishop like shiny mettalic colors, and even a transparent color (so you dont have to have textures for it)
    7. 7.) multiplayer fights, as in where more than two people can fight at the same time ( like two on one, two on two, every man for himself)
    8. 8.) sumthin you could buy from the torishop called, Rage, Speed, and Physique. they could be like x10, x50, x100, etc. and could be items that increased your speed (so you could move more between frames) increased your strength(for easier decaps and dismembers), and made you "tougher"(as to make it harder to decap you). instead of buying these items with TC, they could be bought based on Qi and belt rank, such as lowest belt qualified black belt, and on from there)
    9. 9.) in store texture examples would be good, so you bought the texture example (like simple tribal, robotic, emo, etc.) and you could customize it to your likin from there. but make to where there was only like 10-20 in stock of that one item, and they would be restocked with different items once a week or so( to ensure no one had the exact same texture)
    10. 10.) another stat like Qi, Tc, rank, and belt called Nin(or sumthin)...it could be sumthin like your deathrate(like a damage meter), where you started wit like 1million, and slowly decreased from there. When you were near "death", you could visit the torishop and buy antidotes, which raised your life back. As you slowly decreased, you wouls also get weaker and easier to decap. if you "died" there could be a short cut scene showcasing your death, where you would then return to the main menu and have half the Nin you started with (round 500k then) also, if you dont like the idea, dont shit me about it, ive seen it done in other fighting games and thought it was kinda cool
    11. 11.) Damage rates during fights(like better physics), like if you got kicked in the leg and you bled, you could get red blood stain instead of redish mark and blood dripping instead of bouncin(like better blood and physical reactions). and also, if you got hit in the arm or stomach enough it would become "obselete" to where you couldnt use it in the fight, and it would just be on relax, but as the fight went on, the part would slowly heal into use again.
    12. 12.) i also really like pate5s dismemberment system. how instead of relaxing the entire body, it only relaxes the nearby joints to the dismembered part.
    13. 13.) one last idea, the timers they have during fights in multiplayer, you should have the option to speed them up, slow them down, or jus remove them(so you can press space when you are finished) cuz i find it kinda irritating when the timer finishes and you are only half done what you wanted to do...
i kno this is really long (my longest post by far), but i had alot of ideas, and i thought they were pretty good...sry i dont have images (im not a good editor like some artists here)

btw: does this still count as a submition, even though i dont have pics or vids...??

tell me if ya like ma ideas
Last edited by DaJoka; Apr 17, 2009 at 08:01 AM.