Toribash
Originally Posted by braedon96 View Post
how do you equip items you bought rely stuck?/

you go to Deactivated in the section inventory and press activate on the items you have bought/want on but it will appear in game after about 10 after activation or quick

tip: try to do single player replays, it will increase your style and ability online
Dot dot dot
Originally Posted by sacxul View Post
Hey all!
I'm really new to ToriBash! Although I love it, I don't know how people are so good. I can't really punch, can barely kick, etc. I have looked through the forums, but I can't seem to find a page with general tips for newbies. Sooo:

Can someone leave me general tips
like...

Should I normally keep most joints relaxed, or held?
How do you do a small hop?
How can you counter moves?

Info like that. Anything the pro players consider the most required and basic knowledge. I just need some facts that will help me win. I lose really often.

The games requires a bit of trial and error, so you know, get out there and play, experiment and just try your best.

Try and learn how to stay alive, after you figure that out then you will start to learn how to hurt your opponent and win. If you can't stay alive then there is no point, so figure out how the body works and learn to stay alive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Hey all!
I'm really new to ToriBash! Although I love it, I don't know how people are so good. I can't really punch, can barely kick, etc. I have looked through the forums, but I can't seem to find a page with general tips for newbies. Sooo:

Can someone leave me general tips
like...

How can you counter moves?

Info like that. Anything the pro players consider the most required and basic knowledge. I just need some facts that will help me win. I lose really often.

Hey there sacxul,
Glad to have you posting asking questions...

So here are some detailed answers to all of your questions with a bit more extra's:

1)

Depends on your situation:
Relaxing:
  • Gives a more realistic/swift move.
  • Also helps when you want to move faster.
  • Also helps at coming back by jumping to the other opponent.

Holding:
  • Would kind of help at posing.
  • Would help if you want to run (though your going to need the help of "Relaxing").
  • Would open up a whole new set of opportunities of moves to choose from.

Like i said, A good combination of Relaxing/Holding would just be Perfect!
Of course, If you messed up.... re-play the "replay" and press "E" on the frame you want to edit out.

Well, What i use all the time would probably be "Relaxing".

2)

Quite easy to do, The idea is to push yourself into the air.

1) Most people use there knees, simply contract them on the ground and extend them to jump.

-For the hop, When your halfway to plunge into the air, Simply change the "extended" knees to either Relax/Hold/Contract to reduce the effect of the action.

2) Some other people use their shoulders to do so:

-Raising both Shoulders, Probably most effective, It will create a small Hop, (Can also be enforced by using Tip number one).

-Lowering the shoulders, Might be less effective as it gives an extremely small Hop, I wont really recommend this because it wont give a good result in the end, just wrote those to let you know :], always better to understand more.

A good combination would give a really cool and large hop, Is by Raising the shoulders for the first turn and then lowering them giving them an air boost.

2)

1) Understand your Opponent's move, Then think about how to dodge it and then counter it,
example:
opponent 1 is halfway to swing a punch
you crouch
opponent 1 misses
you go up again posing your hand in a punch like location.
opponent 1 tries to swing another punch
you break his arm by punch it before he does.

Really hope this helps, took a while to make the post.

~blackshark
For better controling to hit the place you want press Shift+spacebar that mouves 1 frame forward not 10 like on free play thats makes it easyer for you...
Okay, that's good to know, but will it work in multi-player? I really just wanna win in multiplayer.
No, the one frame skip won't work in multiplayer. Multiplayer is more about luck than skill than single player is. Just find some moves that work for you and you'll be fine.
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN
Keep in mind that multi player uses disqualification, so you'll die if u reach the ground first even though you have more points (judo and aikido)
darkshadow8
not dead