people playing: 97, servers online: 33, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Imperial

  Toribash Community » Toribash » News
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 3, 2018 Original Post  
duck
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,085



Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,


Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.






Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
NOT A TSA, NOT AN MS ADMIN

Clan Squad administrator and Market Squad member
Shoot me a PM if you have any question in regards to clans or the market!


Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 07:20 PM..
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #251
Liquidoom
Bagged Milk Drinker
 
6th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,053



Congratulations. You finally did it. I hope you are proud of yourselves.


I'm done here. Enjoy your 30 active players and your 4 green clans. I'll see you all somewhere else. After nearly a decade of activity/lurking (without being logged in because apparently we have to change passwords every 5 seconds), I am done. You literally took away the last thing I cared about in this community anymore (inq) and turned it into a shadow of its former self by removing its officialness. It was fun while it lasted.


I will offer you some guidance before I go. Please, please, please reconsider your position on what is required to be official and acknowledge that this game is nearly dead and that it will remain as such until Toribash Next comes out. Stop pushing away users and removing the things they worked hard for (yes I liked my brackets) until a new influx of players comes around.


Liquidoom out.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!

Last edited by Liquidoom; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:26 PM..
Liquidoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #252
Ele
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,298
Clan: Aeon



Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
I will offer you some guidance before I go. Please, please, please reconsider your position on what is required to be official and acknowledge that this game is nearly dead and that it will remain as such until Toribash Next comes out. Stop pushing away users and removing the things they worked hard for (yes I liked my brackets) until a new influx of players comes around.


Liquidoom out.

QFT

The automated system is a bad way to move forward. Best way to move forward would be to remove it and not run another activity check for a good long while (and with a non-automated system, or at least one that takes into account the issues we've all raised here wrt. fairness and inactive ranks).

You're pushing people away. Away from this small, stagnant community. Rethink this.
Ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #253
Slau
Chatterbox
 
7th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,955



if playing 5 games basically gives me the right to shitpost for an entire month then what's the big deal. imagine a clan like TLL, 30 members, decent-ish activity on the forums. with the current system, if like 3 ppl played two to three solo wars each, then left the game for a month again, you'd get enough points. that's actually a really fuckin low standard

Code:
XP + in-game activity + wars + forum = points (~1) + (3 / (30/2) * 45) + 15 + (~25-30) = ~50-55 pts
idk what XP is based on, could be a few points higher. i also don't know what our clan scored for forum activity, as i was unable to find the statistics on my clan page

seeing my old clan die and my current clan getting a strike was painful, plowing through this thread wasn't much better. come on

fucking hell duck get more ingame active and do some wars for us, you dumb choice-specs calm-mind running hypocrite
Slau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #254
&Fear
 
u89ueojidfjeopewpikr09ip3o Belt
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,362



we should win prizes by getting strikes
Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #255
?Hattersin
1010101010101
 
Nth Belt Belt
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,274
Clan: Obey



It's funny how staff are being biased
why isn't this in 'dead clans' ??
PM me with any and all questions
Hattersin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #256
Ronan
Senior Member
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 562



Originally Posted by Hattersin View Post
It's funny how staff are being biased
why isn't this in 'dead clans' ??

Tutorials aren't clans? I don't get the point you're trying to make here.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #257
?Hattersin
1010101010101
 
Nth Belt Belt
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,274
Clan: Obey



Originally Posted by Slau View Post
if playing 5 games basically gives me the right to shitpost for an entire month then what's the big deal. imagine a clan like TLL, 30 members, decent-ish activity on the forums. with the current system, if like 3 ppl played two to three solo wars each, then left the game for a month again, you'd get enough points. that's actually a really fuckin low standard

Code:
XP + in-game activity + wars + forum = points (~1) + (3 / (30/2) * 45) + 15 + (~25-30) = ~50-55 pts
idk what XP is based on, could be a few points higher. i also don't know what our clan scored for forum activity, as i was unable to find the statistics on my clan page

seeing my old clan die and my current clan getting a strike was painful, plowing through this thread wasn't much better. come on

fucking hell duck get more ingame active and do some wars for us, you dumb choice-specs calm-mind running hypocrite

whatever this math is, i dont understand
i just wanted to pitch in with a pic of our stats, so you can compare because wars are scored differently if you're solo
most of these wars are done with 1-3 people winning at a high ratio

Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Tutorials aren't clans? I don't get the point you're trying to make here.

just a joke
PM me with any and all questions
Hattersin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #258
Kriegery
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,458
Clan: Adventure



Wars - 0 - 15 pts.
As long as your clan plays 7 wars (won or lost) per month, you will get full points.

I don't think it matters if you war solo or not.
[Adventure]

[Market Squad]

[Kriegery is Creati0n's Magnus Opus - a fully automated market moderation AI] - Neko
Kriegery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #259
fallu
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,098
Clan: Parrot



when you have a barely somewhat alive game dying so rapidly dont you think itd be a better idea to reward activity instead of suddenly penalizing inactivity and cause the small amount of players left in the game to leav e
так форибаш
fallu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #260
?Hattersin
1010101010101
 
Nth Belt Belt
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,274
Clan: Obey



https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ent-here-s-why
PM me with any and all questions
Hattersin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:05 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game