Toribash
Original Post
Global public rooms, and global prefixes, and other various suggestions
I think that public rooms should be globaled every 3 hours or so with a description of the mod,

these globals would look like this:

<Public> /jo Public42 to play: Deadpig.tbm This is a nonexistent mod that HezK used to prove a point!

the tag is so that people wont suddenly lose intrest in globals thinking it's just another public room

now, onto the subject of tags,
player and staff globals will have a tag representing what they are:

<Hotseat> Custom message!
<Tourney> Custom message!
<Betserver> Custom message!
<Es-Tourney> Custom message!
<Es-Hotseat> Custom message!
<Es-Betserver> Custom message!
<Technical thingymajig> Custom message!

each tag would get their own color...
Last edited by Hezk; Apr 22, 2017 at 04:45 PM.
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
I support the colors for different tags, but i really don't see the point of globaling public rooms. Globals are meant to alert people that an event room is happening. Everyone knows that public rooms are there.

Guess it would be kinda cool, though.

Yeah I'm not sure about the idea for public rooms. The public servers don't really need any advertisement imo. Everyone knows they are there.

One thing that could work though is maybe for the 5k tourney. If there arnt enough people could be announced, or to announce it starting, but I thinks it's so common that the globals would be going out all the time. Maybe if there was an auto tourney that would go on once every hour it could be good so you wouldent miss it, but the 5k tourney goes on all day and you wouldent have to wait long if you did miss it.

I kind of like the tag idea. Could be interesting. I don't think it's really needed but it would make globals a bit cleaner.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
its not so much the fact that they are there, but the fact that most people have no idea what half the mods in them are
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
If players dont join a public lobby purely because they don't know what the mod is, then I doubt they're going to join if they get a very broad and general description of the mod. Instead they could just go into the room and see what the mod is....

The tags could work, although it would require a slight rework of the boradcast system on the part of forum devs.
It wouldn't be much but sometimes it can take a long time to get implemented
especially if shev isn't doing it

I'm pretty torn on supporting the colored prefixes for the rooms or not.

Because really there's no need for them. As Flames said, we all know what they are.
Really it's just un-needed dev work.

Then again it would be nice to help the new players know what is what.
But back to my previous point, it's useless work on the developer's part.

With the public room broadcasting..

Well that's been covered by the other posts, But as they said it wouldn't serve a purpose. It's really only made for ingame events such as staff based or member based tourneys and betting servers.
I'm the Event Squad Admin. I am also an ex-Clan Squad member. Have any questions about clans or otherwise? PM me.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Discord: Typhus#0201
splish splash Aeon is still trash
As presented, I really don't like the idea. I want broadcasts to remain exciting ways to pull people into big events.

However, a takeaway idea from this might be to create a room that runs a bot with a script that could auto run and explain each official room, the forums, etc.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
The thing I'd take away from this is that it might be good to allow mods to have a metadata associated with them that shows up as part of the MOTD:

"Welcome to judo.tbm: It'll be pretty much over in one turn."
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!