Toribash
Original Post
Sup yo.
Evening all, I'm Superbat Prime.
Found Toribash on Steam, kicking myself for not discovering the game years ago.

Love the brutal technical nature of the game and the community seems awesome.
Speaking of which, if the blackbelt something dan who was beaten by an orange belt who said "gg ty" and ran away after... that was me, I got lucky, I saved the replay though :P

Can you tell I was really stoked by that win? Lol.

Anyway that's me, currently working my way around the various mods, aikido obviously, wushu is hilarious and I suck hard at it. Don't even know how the heck to start jousting and I'm a bit scared of judo.

Katana is wicked, got a couple of clean decaps but twin swords is really tough.

Oh yes, is there such a thing as Toribash merchandise? I'd totally wear an exploding Uke tshirt.

So I'm gonna get back to studying the tutorials.
Laters, glad to be here, see you out there, if we meet in battle give me your best... so I can save the replay and learn all your secrets haha. ;)

Peace.

Edit: forgot to ask, is there a way to favorite or bookmark a thread on the forum? Tyvm.
Last edited by superbatprime; Feb 26, 2015 at 12:03 AM.
I believe you can bookmark threads, I think you go to the thread you want to subscribe to, go to the top of the first post (along the black bar), go to "Thread Tools" and then click "Subscribe to this thread".

Anyway, welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy it here c:

I actually went straight to Judo, but I later found that aikido and ABD were more fun. Also, I'm not sure about official merchandise D:
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Originally Posted by superbatprime View Post

Speaking of which, if the blackbelt something dan who was beaten by an orange belt who said "gg ty" and ran away after... that was me, I got lucky, I saved the replay though :P

Anyway that's me, currently working my way around the various mods, aikido obviously, wushu is hilarious and I suck hard at it. Don't even know how the heck to start jousting and I'm a bit scared of judo.

Oh yes, is there such a thing as Toribash merchandise? I'd totally wear an exploding Uke tshirt.

Laters, glad to be here, see you out there, if we meet in battle give me your best... so I can save the replay and learn all your secrets haha. ;)

Peace.

Edit: forgot to ask, is there a way to favorite or bookmark a thread on the forum? Tyvm.

We should play some time. I'd love to brutally re- play with you. And welcome.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Welcome!
This community is the best thing I explored in my life. Most people are kind and there's so much people willing to help players and developers.
About ingame; Its hard to get used to joints and stuff but you will have fun it when you got the mentality. Hope you try some semi-randoming and relistic gravity mods like lenshu3ng, rk-mma.
Enjoy it!
Leon The Black
Hey bat, It's nice to see someone enjoing the game as much as you are. I hope to run into you ingame sometime.
If only everyone could be as sexy as me
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
I believe you can bookmark threads, I think you go to the thread you want to subscribe to, go to the top of the first post (along the black bar), go to "Thread Tools" and then click "Subscribe to this thread".
:

Oh of course, doh, tyvm. I gotta say these forums are wicked, the intergration with the game, like the shop etc is slick.

Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
We should play some time. I'd love to brutally re- play with you.

So shall it be... when the fates will it, it will happen.

Originally Posted by IBlackleon View Post
Welcome!
Its hard to get used to joints and stuff but you will have fun it when you got the mentality. Hope you try some semi-randoming and relistic gravity mods like lenshu3ng, rk-mma.
Enjoy it!

Mma sounds good, right now I'm getting down with judo and working hard on an opener that has surprised a couple of opponents (a few of them were alts judging by some of the devastating comebacks).

Thanks for the bona fide welcomes, I hope to clash with some of the great fighters particularly some whose replays are works of art... I'm getting the flow of the game and making more use of joints like neck and wrists thanks to some excellent tutorials.

Toribash feels like it could be an entire hobby in itself,, from fighting mastery to textures etc, there's a lot to get into so it's a good "long haul" game which I dig, some of the greats have evidently been at this for years... so I'm late to the party but I'm good at catchup, I like to think, hah.

Anyway, tyvm and I'm sure l'll meet you all in battle as time goes on.

Peace.
Originally Posted by superbatprime View Post

Peace.

I love how there are actually beginners out there who enjoy this game so much when they start out. When I started playing I hated this game. I was SHIT.

But then...

I became addicted.

Anyways, good luck bat. I wish you the best of luck.
I'm just gamin' man