people playing: 80, servers online: 26, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: imapirate

Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Jan 7, 2018   #21
Holotor
Stitch Lips

Wushu Belt

Smallbowl I was referring to the short term effects of smoking and drinking. You can smoke a cigarette and have nothing happen to you right then and there, same with drinking a beer or a glass of wine. But with smoking marijuana you get the effects more quickly in comparison plus they last longer than the former as well.
Holotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018   #22
Rigondeaux

Blue Belt

Holotor a marijuana high if you smoke it lasts up to 2 hours unless you do edibles but then again they are much healthier then smoking weed and the thing that small bowl said about alcohol and cigarettes is true, I read somewhere that they banned alcohol and so many people caused riots and strikes that they brought it back. The real question is should lsd be legal because for me weed is a no brainer but lsd? That makes things more interesting, you can’t overdose on it, it’s been proved to cure depression and anxiety but if you do it the the wrong state of mind you might get a bad trip and cause paranoia.

Last edited by Rigondeaux; Jan 7, 2018 at 10:52 AM..
Rigondeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018   #23
•SmallBowl

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Parrot

Originally Posted by Holotor View Post
Smallbowl I was referring to the short term effects of smoking and drinking. You can smoke a cigarette and have nothing happen to you right then and there, same with drinking a beer or a glass of wine. But with smoking marijuana you get the effects more quickly in comparison plus they last longer than the former as well.

Although true, I dont think this should be an issue - of course it should be illegal to drive high but other than that I dont see why its worse than getting really drunk.

The issue with alcohol isnt people drinking it as a one off glass of wine or pint of beer, the issue is being becoming alcoholics and doing permanent damage to themselves and people around them. I imagine the same could be said about weed
[11:49.10] <Scorp> i wish they would ban the chinese
Please note, this quote was not taken out of context
SmallBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018   #24
Alpha
Chatterbox

3rd Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
People always say "well alcohol is worse than marijuana, and alcohol is legal, so marijuana should be legal." Problem is that same logic can be used to say "well marijuana is not as bad as alcohol, and marijuana is illegal, so alcohol should be illegal."

It's why stating alcohol being legal while marijuana is illegal as justification for marijuana legalization holds no weight. The logical structure does not specifically support marijuana legalization, and can easily be used to justify alcohol prohibition. You need to provide more substance to the argument, otherwise you're just commenting on how the laws are logically flawed. Prove that it should go the legalization route, and not the prohibition route.

well then they should either ban them both or let them both be legal.
i personally don't drink alcohol nor smoke weed nor anything and when i see drunk people they look much much worse than high people.
and in morroco marijuana is legal and no one has a problem with it (as someone i know told me).
its basicly the same shit
Zubin: there is an art to being rustier than physically possible.
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018   #25
THIGGIST

THIGGIST

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: NO

driving drunk isn't really comparable to driving high
THIGGIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018   #26
TomWanks

9th Dan Black Belt

The market is booming and people are gaining jobs, things are getting more regulated and more wealth is distributed amongst the public. It's a positive thing that shouldn't be taken out of focus, in any circumstance I'm someone who actually has had seizures and I see only more potential for those in need, as well as those who want to get stoned.
TomWanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018   #27
Kozmonaut

Green Belt
Clan: Elite

Originally Posted by THIGGIST View Post

When you drive drunk, you think you're going 30 but you're really going 90. When you drive high, you think you're going 90 but you're really going 30.

Yeah i stole that from kid cannabis
-----
And yeah ive never driven while drunk but ive driven high a lot and i just kinda go on autopilot
-----
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
The issue with alcohol isnt people drinking it as a one off glass of wine or pint of beer, the issue is being becoming alcoholics and doing permanent damage to themselves and people around them. I imagine the same could be said about weed

You dont become an alcoholic, its a trait. You're born an alcoholic or you're not, its passed through your parents and shit. If your dad was an alcoholic and you find yourself being able to drink and drink without stopping or having the want to stop then you've gained that from him. I had to go to AA for a long time cuz i started drinking heavily cuz my dads side of my family is filled with alcoholics, now i just smoke pot and stay away from drinking entirely. I cant sit down and have a single beer, if i start drinking i dont stop until im passed out or one of my friends makes me stop. And no im not bragging, its a really shitty thing
bitchass

Last edited by Kozmonaut; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Kozmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018   #28
•SmallBowl

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Parrot

Originally Posted by Kozmonaut View Post
You dont become an alcoholic, its a trait. You're born an alcoholic or you're not, its passed through your parents and shit. If your dad was an alcoholic and you find yourself being able to drink and drink without stopping or having the want to stop then you've gained that from him. I had to go to AA for a long time cuz i started drinking heavily cuz my dads side of my family is filled with alcoholics, now i just smoke pot and stay away from drinking entirely. I cant sit down and have a single beer, if i start drinking i dont stop until im passed out or one of my friends makes me stop. And no im not bragging, its a really shitty thing

You do become an alcoholic, there are no newborn alcoholics.

The likelyhood of someone becoming an alcoholic may be affected by their family but largely this isnt important to whether it should be illegal. Its hard to judge who is going to be an alcoholic and who isnt so any law would either target everyone, alcoholic or not, or noone
[11:49.10] <Scorp> i wish they would ban the chinese
Please note, this quote was not taken out of context
SmallBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018   #29
Valterain1
Forumite

10th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by THIGGIST View Post

As someone who has done both I can vouch that driving high is a lot easier than driving drunk.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Valterain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2018   #30
cutterchop

6th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Nightmare

My point is anything that harms ur body even small amount of harm.or big it should be illegal
cutterchop is offline   Reply With Quote