Ranking
Originally Posted by Rfifan View Post
Being old doesnt warrant legend status.
Winning clan league doesn't warrant legend status.
Having legendary members doesn't warrant legend status..

But all 3 combined? On top of any other achievements the clan might of achieved during its lifetime that I may not be aware of?

Originally Posted by Rfifan View Post
A lot of their legendary members weren't even in inq during their prime. Hell, war_hero, a notable member of inq, wasn't even in the clan for a large portion of his career. Plus a portion of those players were in inq because they were in clans that were absorbed by inq in order to stay alive.

Maybe, maybe not (I really can't comment as I don't have a clear memory of what happened years ago). However, the fact that many legendary members have chosen to join the inq family (or joined during their prime) says a lot about the clan.

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Alpha has won a majority of the clan leagues and they aren't legendary (usually given upon the death of a clan though).
Evil is almost 14 years old and is still alive.
Having legendary members inside a clan doesn't make the clan itself legendary. I understand you could make the case that T was a legends clan, but they were known for more than just having a lot of legendary players.

The most important thing I'd like to bring up is that just because a clan isn't legendary, doesn't mean the clan will be forgotten.

- Alpha and evil are still alive, as you've said
- I agree that only having legendary members in a clan is not enough to become legendary, but inq has more than that

Originally Posted by mwah View Post
tell me what are the paper achievements for inq (im not being facetious i really am not aware of inq's achievements)

I listed the ones I know of in my previous post. Would need an older player to name the ones I've missed seeing as I was barely active in toribash 10 years ago.

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
You win clan league, you have legendary members, you stay alive for over a decade AND you're chock-a-block full of ex-staffers. Any of those reasons on their own aren't enough. Add them together and the combined weight of these achievements speaks to the remarkableness of this clan. As LiquidDoom said, Inq was pretty much always a pillar of the TB clan community - They defs deserve legendary status.

This pretty much sums up my point of view. I'm not going to lie, when I learned that legendary clans became a thing, I went to look for the inq thread in the legends board and was shocked not to see it on there. I'm glad this thread came up as it offered somewhat of an explanation (not that I agree with it, but it helped answer my questioning).

EDIT: Added responses and fixed typos
Last edited by Liquidoom; Dec 28, 2019 at 09:25 PM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Yeah and apologies for not listing achievements earlier. Honestly, I thought it was a no brainer ngl.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I feel like we won't get a true response from those who are in charge of this like the super admins and higher ups.
<a href=https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6 target=_blank>https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6</a>
Dargon Moderated Message:
Infracted for having the best goddamn replays in Toribash history.

I'm not speaking on behalf of any staff and this isn't a staff opinion, this is just my own opinion on the subject as I feel like I have some level of understanding:

I was in Inq at one point. Actually I can very vividly remember being in Inq due to a good relationship with LightningKid and how there was this large but exciting separation in clan tags between people with [Inq] who were newer and the pretty famous at the time [i] tag for those who had "earned" it in some capacity.
---

Some points for including Inq into torilegend status:

1) A team is a sum of it's parts and many of its parts are and were legends

2) It DID have a positive impact on the community. Mwah brought up how many people in [NO] such as hanz0 did a lot for the community. It can't be understated that Inq also did. I can't think of a user who embodied activity and presence in Clan Squad more than LK and most of it's members were at one point or another active and giving Promo Team members or founders of MSquad, etc.

3) It did have a very long history and survivability.

4) They did win Clan League. Which, if you're not in a Clan named Alpha (who obviously should get legend should they choose to die or should the legend team decide non-dead people can get legend), winning Clan League is an extraordinarily rare feat.

---

Reasons

Some reasons to NOT make Inq legend:

1) Yes they won clan league, but if I recall correctly that was sort of a dubious situation. I think there was some staff shenanigans at the time of their victory and the format. Not to mention it just wasn't at the level of a competitive of an event as it would become in the future.

2) Someone else brought this up: Just because a legend was or wasn't in Inq doesn't mean they were core to the identity of Inq. War_Hero is a great example. The type of people who made Inq incredible are names that mean a lot to me but sure as hell have no staying power in popularity nowadays. People from 2010 don't know who Snide_the_Clyde, AlexOwnz, KingBosh, Uric, etc. were. To me they were close to the level of importance as some bncy members but with none of the notoriety and staying power.

3) It may have lived for 10 years or so but it died a lot earlier than that. And what I mean by that is - people like Toxic, who was an active player, joined a shell of Inq. If you joined Inq after Lord_Inquisitor stopped playing (which was what... 2011? at best?) did you really join Inq? Some clans have evolved over time into their own unique entity that stands on their own apart from their past - it's cool lots of people know RelaxAll for Killer3366 and Rcarey instead of say Sahee and Kickass because RelaxAll reinvented itself in ways and maintained some form of relevance, but Inq didn't. Inq's notoriety died off like Bncy, like ToriGod, like HUNG, etc. but with none of the staying power and fame and cool mind bending players that some of those other groups had.

bncy is one of the WEAKEST clans to have gotten torilegend by what I would've drawn the line (still I'd say yes) at but at least plenty of people know of it's core members. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if people who joined Toribash 5 years ago had no damn clue who was LightningKid is and he's one of the most famous members that clan had that actual embodied it.

---
Conclusion:

If I had a vote, I wouldn't have actively objected to Inq getting legend. But I'm far from heartbroken that they didn't get it. [NO] is definitely more famous. As is [bncy]. As is [RAWR]. And [T]. And [Urban]... etc. I can't really see a single legend clan on the list that Inq was more relevant than in the span of TB history.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Dec 30, 2019 at 11:54 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Moonshake View Post
Diamond and TIcux being legends really goes against this narrative.

How so?
I once banned ticux perm due to infraction point buildup..

How does that not apply lol. He was a beloved player actually
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
you guys are getting off topic

drhax had the most facts tho

sums it up
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
great post mwah

Deconstructing Hax's reasons for voting against;
1)They won the clan league. If you're saying clan league wins back then don't matter cus it wasn't as competitive, well then remove Spirit from legends. If you're saying it doesn't matter cus of 'dubious' circumstances, well then please post that video you made of you raging about it, so we can validate that claim (and laugh)

2)"The type of people who made Inq incredible are names that mean a lot to me but sure as hell have no staying power in popularity nowadays." Since when is staying power in popularity a critical factor here? Is it remarkableness that we judge or is it popularity? Again, this is why not having a set of formalized criteria for determining legend status is a bad thing. It means that we're making decisions based off bias (read: personal predispositions) and not based off an objective metric.

3) Same point as two, just you included 'notoriety' as a measure. If long-term popularity and notoriety are measures you want to use for legend status, hell, nominate me for legend. That would be stupid though, wouldn't it? Why extend this silliness to your decision-making re: legendary clans?
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
great post mwah

Deconstructing Hax's reasons for voting against;
1)They won the clan league. If you're saying clan league wins back then don't matter cus it wasn't as competitive, well then remove Spirit from legends. If you're saying it doesn't matter cus of 'dubious' circumstances, well then please post that video you made of you raging about it, so we can validate that claim (and laugh)

2)"The type of people who made Inq incredible are names that mean a lot to me but sure as hell have no staying power in popularity nowadays." Since when is staying power in popularity a critical factor here? Is it remarkableness that we judge or is it popularity? Again, this is why not having a set of formalized criteria for determining legend status is a bad thing. It means that we're making decisions based off bias (read: personal predispositions) and not based off an objective metric.

3) Same point as two, just you included 'notoriety' as a measure. If long-term popularity and notoriety are measures you want to use for legend status, hell, nominate me for legend. That would be stupid though, wouldn't it? Why extend this silliness to your decision-making re: legendary clans?

ok

1. they won the first ever clan league, but on top of that they are legends for their influence in that time period in staff positions as you probably know but didn't mention for some reason

2. no it is/should be judged by how remarkable the clan was objectively as it pertains to this community, the level of impact should be on the same grounds as current legend clans

3. i guess you can say these are 'measures' but not the only measures to put into account

please note, not all clans that have had many staff and have been around for a long time are legendary. again, it depends on the level of impact they made to the community in their time as a clan or level of impact from multiple members in said clan that has brought notoriety to the clan: e.g Rutz and Erth from Urban.

i honestly don't see a lot of points for inq to be legend, the main achievements were winning 1 clan league, being alive through clan absorption jutsu for ~10 years (if you can call it being alive), and some gamekeepers and promoteam members. to be honest around the same time inq was alive [Hive] had more positive effect on the community than inquisition, and most of you probably never even heard of hive.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.