ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Ranking changes
I'm updating our ranking system. Rankings will reset every month and only some servers will have ranking enabled on them.

Whats new from today:
- Only selected servers will be ranked. "This is a ranked server")
- Before ranked matches you'll get a message. "This is a ranked match (#rank vs #rank)"
- I've enabled ranking on the tourney1-8 servers. Admins can put ranking on any server they please.

Whats coming:
- On the 1st of August I'll clear the current rankings. Yes, all rankings will reset.

On the last of the month will be able to have special events for the best players of that month.

This is still in development so if you have any suggestions feel free to post in this thread.
Last edited by hampa; Jul 27, 2015 at 09:30 AM.
Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
Those servers will be full all the time

I say put them in all the public servers.

That should probably be OK.
What's stopping dedicated farmers from being at the top of the list every month? More dedicated farmers? My only concern is that Losses won't be punished enough. Obviously I could easily be complaining about something you already thought of, but if say rank 1 loses to rank 5000, how badly will that effect his elo(i'm assuming you're still using the elo system but within a more organized system) vs rank 1 losing to rank 2.

Just wondering if I were to play ranked all day every day of the month if my elo(? still not sure what formula you're using to decide rank) could get so ridiculous that no one can catch up.

Also will mod ranks still exist?

And will there be decay(say -0.5 (elo?) per day or -2 per week if you dont play at all)

Also will the servers go down when you reset ranks or will it just auto reset at 00:00 0 gmt?
Last edited by Grim; Jul 27, 2015 at 10:49 AM.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
hampa if thats the case you are gonna get a lot of complaints saying "we need more servers" "they are always full how can i rank up"
This game is Dead
I dont understand by clearing ranks hampous ?
What are you lookin at ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by prince1234 View Post
I dont understand by clearing ranks hampous ?

Probably an elo reset to 1600
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Wow I get to play mods with friends and have a fun time without my rank being effected?!
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
Originally Posted by NutHug View Post
Probably an elo reset to 1600

Yes, a complete reset with top ranks saved for historical searches.
-----
Originally Posted by desu View Post
Wow I get to play mods with friends and have a fun time without my rank being effected?!

Yes, private mods won't affect ranking.
-----
Originally Posted by demo View Post
hampa if thats the case you are gonna get a lot of complaints saying "we need more servers" "they are always full how can i rank up"

Adding more servers is not an issue anymore.
-----
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
What's stopping dedicated farmers from being at the top of the list every month? More dedicated farmers? My only concern is that Losses won't be punished enough. Obviously I could easily be complaining about something you already thought of, but if say rank 1 loses to rank 5000, how badly will that effect his elo(i'm assuming you're still using the elo system but within a more organized system) vs rank 1 losing to rank 2.

Just wondering if I were to play ranked all day every day of the month if my elo(? still not sure what formula you're using to decide rank) could get so ridiculous that no one can catch up.

Also will mod ranks still exist?

And will there be decay(say -0.5 (elo?) per day or -2 per week if you dont play at all)

Also will the servers go down when you reset ranks or will it just auto reset at 00:00 0 gmt?

If you play and win all day every day for a whole month I think you deserve to be in the high ranks that month.
Last edited by hampa; Jul 27, 2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Well atleast it's changed.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.