ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Disrespect
I just saw a post on here that reminded me why I took a break from toribash for a while. The community is very toxic and can be very mean at times. The disrespect and just plain rudeness from a lot of players on the site is overwhelming. I want to take a moment and point out this thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=563608. Instead of moving the video to another, more relevant board, or just closing it, the people on the art board just tore the OP a new one. I know that it was the wrong board and everything, but the level of rudeness is astounding. There's a line between constructive criticism and just a plain bad attitude. I know the internet is the home to the trolls, but c'mon guys, don't ruin the community of a fun game that we call home.
Exactly, it isn't right to criticize so harshly. Also keeping in mind that it's their style and not something traditional. It's nice to have uniqueness and something out of the normal. Being harshly judged for having something unique isn't right. The video also wasn't that bad considering that it was made in "a few seconds".

There is also the rule "Be kind, don't be a jerk, insulting other members can get you punished." Which is stated as the first rule in general forum rules, http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=331097, and on the section 'Global Rules' on http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=469766.

Though I've only been playing for around a year and the rules maybe misread by me, it still isn't right to be so cruel in judgement. So like what Moldy said, don't ruin the community of a fun game that we call home.~
Last edited by Lotus; Jun 16, 2016 at 01:50 AM. Reason: My grammar sux
¿?
haha you'd understand if you cnc'd the same person for like 2 years and got that same type of responses every time

the situation kind of goes way back so it's understandable why everyone was so "harsh" on op. the real "disrespect" here is ignoring criticism people put effort into for years
Ahhh fuckk!!3)it’s 2LIT . >>>>
Originally Posted by cats View Post
haha you'd understand if you cnc'd the same person for like 2 years and got that same type of responses every time

the situation kind of goes way back so it's understandable why everyone was so "harsh" on op. the real "disrespect" here is ignoring criticism people put effort into for years

I understand that, but the op was attacked repeatedly and from all sides with no help in sight. It was just one example of many times disrespect happens in this community. The art board is just one example.
If someone is posting something on the art board that they literally did not put any work into/spent very little time or effort into it and want cnc, they should expect someone not to like it, and when someone did share their opinion on it (hobo), instead of taking the criticism, the op starts arguing with him, and then also started arguing with the other guy giving cnc (Tyzi), and then what does he do? Argues with the next guy giving cnc, then the next, then the next.

If you're looking for cnc you should be able to accept criticism to your work. Especially if you put zero effort into that work.

*It doesn't seem like the op was attacked at all, just that people tore down his shitty video, most of the stuff said in the thread was directed to the video/his way of doing video's, not actually him
Last edited by Furry; Jun 16, 2016 at 05:19 AM.
Originally Posted by Coine View Post
If someone is posting something on the art board that they literally did not put any work into/spent very little time or effort into it and want cnc, they should expect someone not to like it, and when someone did share their opinion on it (hobo), instead of taking the criticism, the op starts arguing with him, and then also started arguing with the other guy giving cnc (Tyzi), and then what does he do? Argues with the next guy giving cnc, then the next, then the next.

If you're looking for cnc you should be able to accept criticism to your work. Especially if you put zero effort into that work.

*It doesn't seem like the op was attacked at all, just that people tore down his shitty video, most of the stuff said in the thread was directed to the video/his way of doing video's, not actually him

You disregarded the main of this thread; There is a way to give constructive criticism and there is a way to make someone feel like shit.

Let me quote Hobo's comment.

'this looks as if it was thrown together within a matter of a few seconds
no transitions, horrid cc if none at all
bad music to fit uninteresting and overused clips
can't figure out why you flashed a bunch of names on the screen like it was some kind of movie cast

all in all this is the shit that everyone hates
this wasn't an edit, it was a series of bad pans and follows
learn to make something good please before you call something "remastered"'

Now, tell me that hobo isn't trying to provoke the op. Tell me that saying "this is the shit that everyone hates" or "learn to make something good please" does not warrant an argument. You're defending someone who didn't come to the art board to give respectful and humble advice from experience. They came to shit on someone's thread and make them feel horrible.

At this point in the conversation, the OP was probably triggered to the point where seeing any comments after hobo's initial attack would've provoked a negative response. The OP was on the defensive and felt it. TyZi was trying to help and the OP was in the wrong for pulling their emotions into that one. But can you really blame them after that initial comment?

From that point on, a multiple of words probably hit hard on the OP and focused the OP's attention there instead of the criticism. An example being uhm calling the OP immature, or ?Tsuion saying that the video is "obviously" horrid. These words are trigger words and usually have a profound effect on people that already feel like they've been attacked. the OP even called out that they had been bothered by the words. The OP even listed the words. ?Tsuion also went on and continued the attack with their comment "Don't forget hypocritical". This was totally uncalled for and there was 0 reason for it. A prime example of disrespect.
Last edited by MoldyRobot; Jun 16, 2016 at 06:05 AM.
Because I can't post on the thread the OP refers to, I have to say it here.
If you have a problem with me being against your opinion, ignore this post.

It's not Matarika's fault for wanting to make something different. I didn't see this as horrible, I saw it as interesting & it stands out a bit.

Everyone thinks this is terrible because it's not all flashy with slow motion for 2 seconds then really fast for 1/2 a second like alot of others. For some arbitrary reason, everything has to be the same.

The music was also a nice turn from that. I think it was set to this because of the return of an inactive group. It seemed epic, & I liked it.

I'm probably not going to post here again to defend this, but here's my opinion.

It's bad on both ends. The only thing Matarika did was put this in the wrong place. What would everybody say if it was in the right place? They would most likely just give harsh CnC.

What everybody else did was acting terrible. Matarika didn't even deserve to be shot in the head for a video they wanted to show. I don't know what their problems are, but they could at least pay attention to what Matarika was trying to do, which was just announcing a comeback. The least you could do is say this is bad & you want to help improve it with CnC.

Like Matarika said, this isn't about the video, it's about the replays, & I loved it.

8/10.
Last edited by Reshiss; Jun 16, 2016 at 06:48 AM.
woah
In the art sub that's a holdover from stone's days iirc, he didn't like """useless""" posts like "good video I really enjoyed it" so now every post has to be "cnc" but of course the first c is totally ignored and you are only really allowed to post criticism. That combined with the no mspaint rule (or however they call it).

If they just had a few less rules and let people post happily, then things like that wouldn't happen.

Matarika's style isn't perfect but maybe some people don't get that this isn't a professional video editing forum.
It seems like matarika got offended, said some silly stuff and then everyone piled onto him for saying that silly stuff. Hobo certainly could've been more friendly and constructive in his feedback, but matarika shouldn't have taken it so harshly.

It's not right to say that matarika is solely a victim. He invited that all when he flipped out after hobo's criticism.

People shouldn't be so mean when giving cnc but hey, it's the internet - Anonymity gives bitches the balls to say shit that they'd never say irl. It used to be talk shit, get hit. Now, with the internet, there's no check or repercussions on people's actions. You're getting real, unfiltered opinions. The truth hurts.

All you can do is man up.
Last edited by Ele; Jun 16, 2016 at 10:04 AM.