Toribash
Original Post
May Ranking, ST Revamp and more
sir hello

We prepared a bunch of new stuff for May, get hype!

- Season One Ranking stats and May updates
- Shiai Tokens Revamp and new Shiai Items
- May events, Torishop changes and more

Since the ranking mode change in April, we have played a total number of 22780 ranked fights. More than 600 brown belt+ players were involved, but only the top 100 would get their rewards at the end of June when the season is over. Meanwhile, we've already rotated the mods to used by Matchmaking in May and have drawn some results for April ranks!

• May mods for matchmaking:
    • Grappling: greykido.tbm (made by TheGod, 1.47 million games played)
    • Striking: rk-mma.tbm (made by Nirs, 479k games played)
    • Kicking: erthtkv2.tbm (made by (!) Erth, 296k games played)

• Top 10 April players:
    1. Karteiro - 1662.97 ELO, 640 ranked games total
    2. Wounder - 1646.87 ELO, 346 ranked games
    3. SemiHampa - 1643.77 ELO, 318 ranked games
    4. Snook - 1643.13 ELO, 258 ranked games
    5. Shmevin - 1637.4 ELO, 302 ranked games
    6. Gentleman - 1630.87 ELO, 338 ranked games
    7. rcarey - 1627.03 ELO, 220 ranked games
    8. Moop - 1625.62 ELO, 208 ranked games
    9. ken54 - 1624.02 ELO, 164 ranked games
    10. greh - 1622.21 ELO, less than 100 ranked games

• Most active ranked players:
    1. FreshKek - 816 ranked games
    2. Karteiro - 640 ranked games
    3. Karstnator - 476 ranked games
    4. Winter - 454 ranked games
    5. laithoon - 428 ranked games
    6. mobilla - 392 ranked games
    7. Wounder - 346 ranked games
    8. Gentleman - 338 ranked games
    9. SemiHampa - 318 ranked games
    10. jen7 - 308 ranked games

To contents

In April, we announced that all the old Shiai Tokens are going to be deprecated and Event Squad set up discounts for all the ST items. Today we're introducing a complete rework of the Shiai Token system.

The new Shiai Item types:
  • Hairstyle Boxes
    Hairstyles are the cheapest items you can get with Shiai Tokens. We'll stick to the new hairs here and you will always be able to sell these items in market afterwards.
  • Model Boxes
    There will be two types of Shiai Model boxes you can get: single-item boxes and an ultimate model box. Single-item boxes are cheap and contain one untradeable model each, whereas ultimate model box contains all of this month's ST models which can be traded, but also costs more.
  • Color Boxes
    Ever wanted to get no-qi joints for participating in ES tourneys but they'd always send you a marine grip? Now you can exchange your Shiai Tokens for one of Color Boxes which contain 2 untradeable joint colors.

Why Boxes instead of just 'items'?
We're going to keep a monthly rotation of what you can get with your Shiai Tokens, and by using Shiai Boxes we can just change what's inside. It is also good for you in case no current Shiai Item appeals to you (or you already got all of them) - buy a box now and unpack it later when there's a different item in it!

May Shiai Items

• Zabrak Horns, a new hairstyle item you can get for just 2 ST.

• Old good Pirate Hook, an old ST item that is now available for a reduced price of 2 Tokens.

• Pirate Hat, another old ST item that you can now get for 3 ST.

• Peg Leg, new 3d model item to replace your right leg + foot. 4 ST.

• Pirate Belt, new 3d model you can get for 4 ST.

Preview of May Shiai Models equipped with May Shiai Color Combo #1

And you know the best part? You no longer need to PM staff to get your rewards.
Token Exchange Tool
is available 24/7 and you can now get your items instantly. Wow, some modern tech in Toribash!

To contents

More stuff to happen in May

• Get ready to show your best flame forging skills this weekend, because it's going to get hot in Events section!
    With the help of the ES team, I'm going to judge your flames and the best entries will be made available for public in Torishop!

• More Torishop changes
    Some of the 3D items are going to be removed from the shop this month and old ST items will take their place. So if you still want to get something like a Pilgrim's Hat, you better hurry before it's too late!

• Shrak!
    Don't know what a Shrak is yet? Well boi, in that case you better go educate yourself.
    I've flooded Event Squad's Magicalsack with 400 Shraks and they'll be using them as rewards in their events throughout this month!

• Dev stuff
    Last time I checked on our forum developer he was running some weird tests on clans. Uh-oh!

• Artists and IFs needed
    Got some kickass drawing skills or have modelling experience? Apply to join ES Art Team or Item Forgers and help us at making this place a little bit more fun!
    ES Recruitment Thread

To contents
Last edited by sir; May 1, 2017 at 09:34 PM.
Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
Wait so I can buy a box now and then keep it until the next month and get that months item??

Correct
Originally Posted by sir View Post
[*]Most active ranked players:
  1. FreshKek - 816 ranked games
  2. Karteiro - 640 ranked games
  3. Karstnator - 476 ranked games
  4. Winter - 454 ranked games
  5. laithoon - 428 ranked games
  6. mobilla - 392 ranked games
  7. Wounder - 346 ranked games
  8. Gentleman - 338 ranked games
  9. SemiHampa - 318 ranked games
  10. jen7 - 308 ranked games
[/list]

do i get a prize for playing that much or is it there to make me feel ashamed of myself
My aunt has 2 great big personalities (boobies), and i love playing with them all night long
The latter.
Get a life.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

I just match made for 'Kicking' and 'Striking' why the fuck did I get placed in a greykido match? I've used this two or 3 times and twice its been annoying. First time leaver no penalty, and now i got threw into a mod I didn't q for I won the match but that is besides the point.

If I play ranked I want my choice of not going to lift city to work...

-----
well, silly me. Im just going to match make with Haku I suppose. shit system with the way it is now i think

I'll continue to test it out, but for now I'm a whiner.
Last edited by AussieCunt; May 5, 2017 at 07:41 AM.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
Stops steam update, not Toribash update (I didn't need one). Dc's me from matchmaking for a 2 global elo penalty, smooth matchmaking, smooooth.

Perhaps to make this more constructive, (Sorry I was playing matchmaking to get that 2 elo back.) I came back to the same player and took it back.

That -2 looks brutal

Perhaps a 'Recconect' system, If the player pings their opponent can wait for a reconnect, they win the match that was pinged. However they can also choose to leave and re match make rather than wait for a rec/match bonus.

Hesitant to emulate bug for elo reasons.
Last edited by AussieCunt; May 7, 2017 at 09:26 AM.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
My real climb for the top 10 or top 3 will start after I'm done with my exams \o/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
old (two eye'd) ST are tradeable now?
Originally Posted by sir View Post
They're now same as any other collectible item. Cannot be exchanged for ST items.

http://forum.toribash.com/tori_shop_item.php?id=2545

kind Sir, does this mean the old style ST coins are now tradeable like any other collectable ?
Signature Permissions no
Originally Posted by judd666 View Post
kind Sir, does this mean the old style ST coins are now tradeable like any other collectable ?

That is exactly what it means
So...
How come there's barely anyone playing ranked?
When there is 2-3, why does it take an eternity to be paired with an opponent?
Why can they just quit upon the reality of losing?
Lastly, how am I supposed to reach a good rank if those with 'good ranks' are not playing?

Sorry for the questions but this ranked system doesn't seem to work all that well.
The people who visit the forum know about it. Some people didnt even know there were prizes for the top 100. I think they should link this thread in the servers :/ to inform the players who dont visit the forum.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER