ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Make all in game staff tags the same
I feel this looks cluttered, it is very unclear what they mean (are they random?). The colours are confusing and mean nothing. This just doesn't make the game look attractive.

I think all staff should have the same clear simple tag, this is because all staff should try help in the best way possible towards genuine players. This just makes it clear to new players.

I say this just coming back to Toribash and it was my first impression. I'm sure this would be an unpopular suggestion because i know so many staff love being special and having a unique colour and symbol(LOL)
Personally, whenever I'm in game, I get more questions about why my name is differently coloured, and why I have a weird symbol in from of my name than anything else. Having the colour and symbol forces new players to interact with me, and then I can explain who I am and what I do. It lets me greet new players and have them view me as a higher up, instead of a regular player.

I think if I had the blatant "hey I'm staff!", no one would ever talk to me. Let's be honest here, when was the last time you walked up to any sort of staff anywhere, without knowing them, and tried to initiate a conversation with them? Having beginners ask what we are shows the, that even though we're staff, we're still friendly and like to be talked to.
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
If you take like 10 minutes, there is multiple faq's about the staff groups. Each one of them shows the color and the symbol they have. It's not hard to find and certainly not worth changing everything over.

I don't see how this is any help to players in game, players going onto a forum to find out what they mean is hardly a solution. I've been on the forums since 2012 and it is still a mess to me and a nightmare to find anything. Imagine trying to navigate this forum for the first time.

Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
I think if I had the blatant "hey I'm staff!", no one would ever talk to me

I would say the opposite really, if people know you are staff they automatically regard you to be of value and want to become your friend / talk to you. (kiss your ass)

Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
Personally, whenever I'm in game, I get more questions about why my name is differently coloured, and why I have a weird symbol in from of my name than anything else.

People having to ask you what the colour means proves the point i am making, that players have no idea what is going on with the colours. If your tag clearly indicated you were staff then you might find you get actual question of help, this would also be a more effective use of your time, instead of answering "what does that colour mean".
Last edited by FistofLife; Nov 23, 2017 at 07:09 PM.
Originally Posted by Slau View Post
While I believe the reasoning behind the color scheme to be completely justified and practical, people who are (partially) color blind should have been kept in mind. Minor changes to make the in-game colors of different staff groups discernible for color blind users would be a great addition.

I do agree with Slau, a slight alteration of color could be good so everyone can see.

Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
In the good old days you were able to add whatever tag you wanted. I cant imagine it being too much of an effort to allow staff to add a custom tag to reflect their position with the staff?

just to examplify:

[X][Clan]name or [Clan]name[X]

[A][fl0w]Smogard49
[MS][fl0w]Smogard49
[ES][fl0w]Smogard49

or even [Staff][clan]name

etc. Then if you want to maintain the color stuff, fine, there's no reason to remove it, but expecting new players to memorize the color schemes is a bit too much if you ask me.

We really don't expect people to learn what the colors mean ingame. I mean I didn't really understand them all until I got staff. Most the time when people ask we just point them in the right direction if we have to.
I'm the Event Squad Admin. I am also an ex-Clan Squad member. Have any questions about clans or otherwise? PM me.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Discord: Typhus#0201
splish splash Aeon is still trash