Ranking
Original Post
Bet Frames in Bet Server?
So recently I started to betting and got addicted to it, but there's something I want to ask. Why most of bet server has a bet frames? Because from what I know, betting is always started before a match/games started. Correct me if I'm wrong since I never have a bet experience before, neither in real life or in game.

Thanks before.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
If there weren't bet frames, people could bet at any point throughout the match, which would take away from the purpose of betting.
BAD LUCK
Originally Posted by firebolty View Post
If there weren't bet frames, people could bet at any point throughout the match, which would take away from the purpose of betting.

Errr... I mean everyone start to bet before the match started/the first turn, so after the match started/first turn, no one able to bet anymore. I tried to tell about this to a friend who didn't play Toribash, and he said it's a weird system.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
I think you mean why people aren't allowed to bet after the valid bet frames? The answer is simple. It's to avoid people who only bet for profit when they're sure that the person they're betting for will win.

Basically, betting was made to test your luck. So, if there were no bet frames, it would be pretty one-sided
Originally Posted by iAwesome View Post
I think you mean why people aren't allowed to bet after the valid bet frames? The answer is simple. It's to avoid people who only bet for profit when they're sure that the person they're betting for will win.

Basically, betting was made to test your luck. So, if there were no bet frames, it would be pretty one-sided

No no. I mean why they made a frame for betting. I found this case which frequently happened :

>Tori vs Uke. In this case Tori is a really good player and Uke is just an average player and most of player know it

>First turn(frame 500), no one set a bet yet

>Second turn(frame 490), Player_A bet 50,000 to Tori to win. Player_A really confidence that Tori gonna win the match because he know that Tori is a good player and mostly win, or maybe because he is Tori's sponsor. Another case is Tori self betting to himself

>Third turn(frame 470), Player_B bet to Tori 5,000 TC

>Fourth turn(frame 450), Tori made a mistake which made him gonna 100% DQ'd on the end of the next turn.

>Fifth turn(frame 420), Player_C, Player_D, Player_E set a bet 10,000 TC each to Uke because they know Tori gonna lose
Last edited by Caveisier; Nov 24, 2015 at 09:27 AM.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
Yea I don't get it either. The betting makes more sense to me if they can only be placed before the first turn or before the second maybe but I'm not sure what effect this would have on how people would bet and the frequency of betting in server etc.

The host can easily change the betframes to something smaller to remove the issue you stated but they just don't. :/

Another possible solution could be introducing some maths to the betting system to pay higher to people who bet on earlier turns where it could be said that the match outcome is less decided. I might try out hosting a low bet frames server sometime soon just to try it out.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Yea I don't get it either. The betting makes more sense to me if they can only be placed before the first turn or before the second maybe but I'm not sure what effect this would have on how people would bet and the frequency of betting in server etc.

The host can easily change the betframes to something smaller to remove the issue you stated but they just don't. :/

Another possible solution could be introducing some maths to the betting system to pay higher to people who bet on earlier turns where it could be said that the match outcome is less decided. I might try out hosting a low bet frames server sometime soon just to try it out.

Ah, finally the other that have a same opinion with me.
Yeah, I did a search in this forum that you can set the bet frame. I just want a bet with pure luck because I think that's what it should be?

By the way I wonder(sorry for another question), is it possible to enable bet on both players?
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
In situations where you bet before the match starts, like if you bet on a boxing match or a football game, you can do lots of research on it beforehand, and make a welljudged decision from that.

You can't really do that in a random server where there are tons of people you've never seen play before, so sometimes it's nice to see their first 3 moves so you get an idea of how good they are, before you bet.
I sell TC and I give loans. PM me for info.
Need help with market? PM Ryan
<augans> youre my thiggist
<Muze> Id like to say, I don't apologize, I'm a tough guy in irl and I will be a tough guy in a video game. Ok that's it.

I think the general problem of our betting sytem is that there is no clear betting mode.
You are able to bet in every server without having to enable some sort of betting mode.

Klein Bottles only have one surface so they are the easiest thing to clean