Toribash
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
However, there are many recorded cases of people committing murders while high on LSD that they have no recollection of after the trip, which is objectively worse.

There are more recorded cases of people committing murders while drunk, yet we don’t ban alcohol.
There are also anecdotes of people committing murders blacked out on xanax, yet doctors still prescribe it.
There are more cases of vehicular homicide by a wide margin, yet driving is still legal.
Those who do have psychotic episodes as a result of psychedelics plausibly have had an underlying schizophrenic condition (source).
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Legalisation of anything increases dealing of it in every level. Just like weed, just because it's legalised it didn't get off the streets, if anything more and more people are being involved with dealing it. Also what is your idea of "moderation"? You can't really moderate something, as soon as it becomes legal in any level people will find ways to get their hands on the supply and deal it illegally.

The whole point of legalising weed was never to reduce consumption or get it off the “streets”, which is why you have independent small business owners working in the weed industry popping up in legal states generating income not only for themselves but tax revenue for the state. Also, you can argue that lsd is easier to get with weed considering you can buy a whole sheet of it online and have it shipped to your house. Anyone who wants lsd doesn’t even need an in-person dealer to get it. Legalisation will lead to better access to education regarding psychedelics and decriminalisation of these substances that are not only nearly impossible to overdose on, but also are not physically addictive.
Last edited by Daxx; May 5, 2018 at 11:33 AM.
Originally Posted by Daxx View Post
There are more recorded cases of people committing murders while drunk, yet we don’t ban alcohol.
There are also anecdotes of people committing murders blacked out on xanax, yet doctors still prescribe it.
There are more cases of vehicular homicide by a wide margin, yet driving is still legal.
Those who do have psychotic episodes as a result of psychedelics plausibly have had an underlying schizophrenic condition (source).

I would like to see your sources for the first and third claims - although I don't doubt that they are true, whats important isn't the number of homocides, rather the number of homocides per 100,000 drivers or people who use the drug.

Whether the drug "causes" or "triggers" schizophrenia isn't really that relevant, if it has the effect of triggering schizophrenia then it's dangerous in the same way.
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Well, for the past couple weeks I've been in preparation with my first trip which was an eighth of shrooms last night. I had a great time and had some mild visuals and just felt incredible euphoria. I made sure that I was with trusted people and was in an environment in which I felt safe. Overall, I would recommend someone with an open mind and clear mind to take shrooms if they are interested. I wasn't stressing over it, I had mild come up anxiety but other than that it was great.

From this experience what I take is that this drug should be decriminalized and that people should go for it if they feel they are ready.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
I would like to see your sources for the first and third claims - although I don't doubt that they are true, whats important isn't the number of homocides, rather the number of homocides per 100,000 drivers or people who use the drug.

Whether the drug "causes" or "triggers" schizophrenia isn't really that relevant, if it has the effect of triggering schizophrenia then it's dangerous in the same way.

There are no peer reviewed studies to gather that data as the drug is illegal, making it very difficult to conduct those. Makes me wonder if only there were a way to fix that issue. There is no problem with handling the use of psychedelics in a similar way to alcohol being that there are DWI laws, age restrictions, and no criminal penalties for people that consume it and follow the law otherwise. I find it ironic that those who claim to be all for citizens' well-being usually also are fine with branding people who consume a substance, and otherwise mind their own business, as felons. As if throwing people in jail, spending tax money to take care of them while incarcerated, and diminishing their quality of life after prison due to being labeled a felon, is what is beneficial for society.
Psychedelics definitely have their place in human experience.

Our sight, as our brain process electromagnetic waves, creates an image. As Anil Seth puts it, a "controlled hallucination. This is to say that whatever we see and experience now, is nothing more than a hallucination, and whatever we do, induces it one way or the other.

This being said, I feel there shouldnt be a law or rulebook on what we can do with our own bodies, and further, conscienceness experimentation. To say plainly, I believe its silly for someone to be thrown into prison for obtaining and eating a hit of cid, or an 8th of mushrooms . And the degree they are prosecuted is based upon laws talking of the potency and danger of a drug, which cannot be tested due to laws against their nature. Its a bit of a catch 22, and I feel its for good reason.

The government went on a witch hunt, banning all sorts of psychoactive substances, including alcohol, marijuana, mushrooms, etc. This is due to many reasons, but mainly it was political reasons.

"We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did." [Ehrlichman, Nixons right hand man in 1968]

By vilifying the drug itself, then associating it with certain groups, they were able to divide us as a country, and as a people. The people who push the propaganda saying drugs are bad as a whole are profiting from people going to prison for it.

Some fun facts about private prisons -
-The biggest private prison owner in America, The Corrections Corporation of America, has seen its profits increase by more than 500% in the past 20 years. (yes, PROFITS)
-100% of all military helmets, ID tags, bullet-proof vests and canteens are created in federal prison systems through prison labor.
-States sign agreements with private prisons to guarantee that they will fill a certain number of beds in jail at any given point. The most common rate is 90%, though some prisons are able to snag a 100% promise from their local governments. Because of these contracts, the state is obligated to keep prisons almost full at all times or pay for the beds anyway, so the incentive is to incarcerate more people and for longer in order to fill the quota.
[2013 statistics from truth-out.org]

So to me, it makes money for people to be in jail. Not only does it make money, its written out in contract in such a way that the state PAYS the federal government PER BED no matter if they are filled or not. This is a huge incentive to keep the beds filled. The war on drugs is another huge way to get people there. That is along with revenue the state is making per case against nonviolent offenders with a drug related case.

Not to mention the whole D.A.R.E campaign.. going and telling kids all about these "fun, but bad" drugs. Its like holding the forbidden fruit; it makes you want it more. To me, this would be a direct relation on why so many people think drugs are bad without having done them. We had a line drawn in the sand, and now people still are picking sides with propagandized information.

Which brings me to the last point I'll adress. If you were to legalize all drugs, the usage would go down exponentially, seeing that people who want to do it out of curiosity could, while seeing the exact effects of the drug on the persons life. This would also open a door for real scientific research to be done, and not slandering of what we think we know about these drugs.
Veni , Vidi , Vici
I think Psychadelics should be legal, people can learn a lot from the experience they have. I've taken acid about 7 times and have had some really scary experiences / bad trip. The first 2 trips I had after drinking a lot of alcohol which was a big factor in the bad trips. Looking back now I think those bad trips taught me a lot.

If people are sensible when taking acid and do it in the right environment then the chances of anything going seriously wrong is pretty low.

I wish physcadelics were legal as it would create a different culture and make a lot more peace between people.
Last edited by FistofLife; Jul 25, 2018 at 12:11 AM.
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
I think Psychadelics should be legal, people can learn a lot from the experience they have. I've taken acid about 7 times and have had some really scary experiences / bad trip. The first 2 trips I had after drinking a lot of alcohol which was a big factor in the bad trips. Looking back now I think those bad trips taught me a lot.

and what exactly did they teach you
Originally Posted by psyn View Post

You become more positive about life in general. Less selfpity, more caring about others.
Some have religious experiences, though I personally just get the love of the universe vibes.
Also, everything vibrates.

I think LSD should be legal for the age of 21+. You find it easily anyway and there is no point in prohibiting something that is that high in demand.
If I want to consume something who are you to stop me? ACAB 8/
How are you?
for me its simple as this,legalization means regulation and with
regulation you have better control over the distribution,you take
the product away from the black market and make it safe to use,
just take examples from czech republic,spain and others where crime
related to drugs dropped off,also look at the taxes that america
withe the recent legalization of weed has generated,billions of
dollars that would otherwise be on the hands of drug cartels

edit: and to answer if i have tried,i have tried lsd about 10-15 times max throughout my life,mushrooms once,regular weed smoker,
i have not tried anything else,and i had many chances to do it,so no "got pushed to harder drugs"
Last edited by nikosefs; Jul 25, 2018 at 02:10 PM.
Originally Posted by psyn View Post

Made me see all the good and bad things I do. Doesn't automatically make you a better person thou, it just makes you aware and it's up to you to change after taking the psychedelic