Ranking
Original Post
Toribash
I am playing this awesome game called, Toribash!

Its a rag-doll stick figure fighting game!

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
"Toribash is a turn-based fighting game utilizing ragdoll physics, created by Hampus Söderström (a.k.a. "Hampa"), a Swedish software developer. Toribash was a "Best Game Idea" finalist at the 2006 Swedish Game Awards.[citation needed]

The game is freeware, and is still under development with updates. A Wii version was hinted by Hampa after talking about playtesting and comparing the hardware. He has stated about a number of features and may turn into a real-time based game with its motion controls. The Wii version is scheduled for release by the end of 2008.[1]"

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Ever since the first version of Toribash was released, the community has grown by an exponential amount. The most noticeable change was around the release of 3.0, when registration to the game (and forums) became free. The forums include boards to include everything the community has to offer. For example, art boards, events board, mod board, market board, support and tutorial boards, a recently implemented debate board, where you can put up any serious topic you have in mind for debate, and of course, a general discussion board open for anything, along with other boards.

There is a clan system, where each forming clan will have to go through an "approval" stage by some of the admins. If they get approved, they get "official" status which means they get a board and a spot in the list of registered clans.

Every day there are multiplayer tournaments hosted and sponsored by both people determined by the community, and as well as tournaments hosted by unofficial players. In the events board, you can find all kinds of competitions and tournaments. For example, themed replay competitions, art competitions, music competitions, and many others.

Toribash is an innovative fighting game where YOU design the moves! The game is played by relaxing, holding, rotating, extending or contracting the various joints on a ragdoll and hitting the spacebar to advance time by a user-specified amount, the default being ten frames. When properly manipulated, one ragdoll will strike the other, and if enough damage is inflicted with a single blow, a limb or body part may be dismembered, or fractured. Through careful manipulation of the ragdoll's joints, arbitrarily complex attacks can be performed.

The goal of the game is to score as many points as possible during a fight by landing blows on the opponent's ragdoll, with points being awarded based on the amount of damage inflicted.

In most modes of play, another means of winning is causing the opponent's disqualification. This occurs when a disallowed body part (normally any part beside the hands and feet) touches the ground, or when any body part touches the ground outside the boundaries of a square or circular "dojo" ring.

There are a number of different play modes, based on the amount of frames per turn, lengths of matches, distances between opponents, and ease of dismemberment or fracture. There are also many different mods, both official and user-created. These mods can change the appearance or affect the motion of the ragdolls, and can add objects to the environment.

The game also includes character customization (the appearance of heads, joints, and limbs may be changed), online multiplayer, a ghost showing a preview of what the current joint settings will do to the ragdoll, and the saving and sharing of replays.

Try it out at toribash.com

Last edited by Cindermomo; Dec 25, 2008 at 08:14 AM.

[RAWR]
========ROYALRAINBOW========
OMG!!!

I heard the creators will give me 100000 TC!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

BTW ToriBash ROCKS
OMG I SHOULD TRY THIS, ILL SIGN UP NOW....wait OMG I JUMPED INTO THE PAST AND MADE AN ACCOUNT ALREADY :O:O

btw if kotten in an old schooler how come he's still brown belt?
Yeah, um, clever... *sigh* as always... *clap for momo, sigh*
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
Originally Posted by GanksYou View Post
btw if kotten in an old schooler how come he's still brown belt?

he probably doesnt play often or he was away for along time.
yeah, technically im old schooler, i was playing BEFORE it cost money... and im still brown...
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
i like this game i can almost make my guys hand move, im so good at this game!
My account is for sale!!!!!
BUY IT 45$/orange box. my inv is right there <3
:O Looks awesome. Can i have a download link please?
My Head Texture ShopMember of the Musicians Organization, The TB Audition Org and the TMJ