Ranking
Originally Posted by Dscigs
You can already use custom starting positions in replays, I'd rather see it as an addition for mods, rather then a way to unbalance something that's balanced.

See, I'm fine with this. If it does get implemented, I'd hope it'd be toggleable. If it's not then that really sucks because it ruins a lot of mods. It brings skill out of the game.

(im)

i wonder how many people have to disagree until this idea is thrown in the trash where it belongs

Originally Posted by LesDuncan View Post
2. I suggested it in the first place because I see things differently, obviously.

clearly you see things differently than 9/10 of the community, take that into consideration before you make a suggestion as a TWITCH STREAMER AND COMMENTATOR, not a developer.
Last edited by TyZi; Apr 5, 2015 at 07:36 AM.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

What is the "toribash black market"?

Balancing asymmetry can only be accomplished by scissor paper rock mechanics and complete freedom of choice. Making stances paid makes them impossible to balance.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Ummmmmm TRichard has already done this through modding.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=498873

Why does there need to be a huge update about it?
If someone wants to have stances, just go make it like TR did instead of buying it lol.

Btw if this is an april fool's joke.........
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Why not just make a second ABD room? One for default stance and the other that allows alternative stances and do the same with whatever mod they put it on?
Let's look at which mods might benefit from this, if it were mod specific.

• Aikido- small dojo, easy to get lifted out of the ring, heavily focused on doublegrabs. No use for stances.
  • Aikidobigdojo- large dojo mod with freeform fighting, dms and a variety of styles to pick from. On the other hand a competitive duel mod. Open to discussion.
  • Wushu- early game focused on setting up. Use of stances is questionable but doable.
  • Mushu- early game focused on openers. On the other hand a competitive duel mod. Open to discussion.
  • Lenshu- close distance. Early game can be both offensive and defensive. Use of stances questionable.
  • Rkmma- long distance(?)
  • Ninjutsu- long distance. Early game focused on getting close to your opponent. Open to discussion.
  • Taekkyon- close distance. Early game focused on getting grabs. Stances questionable.

If the dueling community is open to this it might be a permanent thing. Otherwise you would have to have specific servers for these specific mods.

I haven't read the youtube comments. If you have arguments you might as well post them here.
Last edited by Lazors; Apr 5, 2015 at 08:52 AM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
At first I thought this was a terrible idea because it encouraged a pay-to-win environment

Now, I'm convinced that this might be a welcome addition to the game if some tweaks are made to it. For starters, scrapping the whole "Buy stances with money" and instead allow players to unlock new stances when they achieve x amount of qi (Reach a certain belt)

Let's say that there are five different stances:

Stance A: Default Stance

Stance B: Unlocked at Blue belt

Stance C: Unlocked at Black belt

Stance D: Unlocked at 2nd dan Black Belt

Stance E: Unlocked at 5th dan Black Belt

Later stances will only be able to be used against players of similar belts or higher to prevent newer players from becoming too confused. Earlier stances are safer, while later stances are more geared towards risky maneuvers such as starting upside down, which allows you to open with a helicopter kick of sorts

If it's developed this way, you might be able to think of stances as openers. For example, a shovel in Aikido or a snapkick in TK might appear as cheap tactics but they can be easily countered if you know a how to. Similarly, if you know that a player likes using x stance and use x opener, you might use y stance with y opener in order to counter that easily and gain the upper hand.

Newer players who watch higher-ranked belt players fight might find those openers to be extremely enticing and may be encouraged to buy qi or boosters, if you're really set on generating some money for Nabi.

Thoughts?
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
If this does warrant a test please make it public, free, and heavily moderated with a poll with a feedback thread posted here, and on Steam. I'm just so frustrated that I don't even know what to type and I'm just staring at my screen like, "...really...", for about 15 minutes. If it were a game option; just like how you can tick dismemberment, fracture, and disqualification, then it would be alright at best. People are looking at the absolute worst about this. That's fine and all, but I think new fun and more creativity can come of this as-well.

In the long run, a few new rules will be implemented on the forum side. Duel scam reports, people complaining about x starter over y starter, yadda-yadda.

If this were for private servers to have fun in, cool. If it takes over and you can do this in any server, I'll be disgusted.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Can we fucking stop

with the stupid fucking

implementation scares?

April 1st already passed, i refuse to believe the developers haven't developed an IQ.
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris