ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Chainmail art
Hello, I think it's time I share my chainmail here.

Chainmail was originally armor used in the olden days, a metal "fabric" made of concentric rings that protected soldiers and knights, especially in areas of the body where mobility was essential even after the invention of plate armor.

I make jewelry, from the same concept.

Some of my work

New stuff!

For the newest works, here's some quick descriptions

1: Dragonspine pattern: An Interwoven European 4 in 1 bracelet (made on commission for the lovely HS, Foxy). European 4 in 1 is the base pattern for chainmail, the one you will be looking at if you see a knight wearing chainmail. So named as every ring connects to 4 others. This bracelet is 2 strips of it interwoven, to make a beautiful and slinky bracelet.

2+3: Double Helix pattern: Bracelets made from 2 intertwined spiral patterns. These rings are connected in such a way that they naturally spiral when properly aligned. Twining two together keeps the spiral from unravelling, and gives the bracelet a more round profile.

4: Kingsmail pattern: These finger rings are made from a modified European 4 in 1 pattern, wherein each large ring has a small ring nested inside. For comfort, the outer rings (which hold everything together) are also small, which makes these rings incredibly smooth and low profile (most chainmail patterns dont make great finger rings).

5: Viperscale pattern: An experiment I was doing that turned out quite well. This is a very unique pattern that I... can't really explain. It creates a very tight, smooth piece with a pattern visually akin to snake scales, with a lenticular profile. Has a bit more range of movement than the Dragonspine pattern, and has a very different feel when moved due to the profile.

6: Scale flowers: Some scale flowers I've made, all held together by chainmail rings. One is a hairclip, with zebra stripe-etched scales. These scales can be combined effortlessly with chainmail, especially the basic European 4 in 1, to creat interesting pieces or even scalemail (which is actually European 4 in 1, where the "1 rings" are a scale. Every scale has 4 rings etc... which creates a scaley metal "fabric".) You can see another use of them on the lower left of the older works, a semi-sculptural "wyrm" bracelet.

Materials used: All colored rings are anodized aluminum, the grey ring are stainless steel. A few pieces also have copper rings (mainly the kingsmail finger rings).

Tools used: Flat nose pliers (2 pairs), metal jump rings, hands, time (lots)

Commission Info

Last edited by Deridor; Mar 28, 2018 at 08:26 AM.
Originally Posted by Kr3s View Post
omg it's so beautiful!
I will legit paypal you for one of those!

Lol pm me, if you're serious.

Edit: Forgot this one!

Rainbow Spiral

Last edited by Deridor; Mar 25, 2018 at 10:26 AM.
Bump, anyone have thoughts on this stuff?

For the record, I'll be looking into international shipping tomorrow!
BAWMP

Most recent pieces added! A dragonspine and a spiral bracelet, both in rainbow and stainless steel.

New stuff!

Good Lord I can't pay for those. Maybe if they were a bit cheaper.. May buy a ring..

These are some sick makings here. I really like those rings even though I don't wear Jewlrey. And uh... TyZi isn't gonna infract me for not criticizing your beautiful crafts, is he?

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Good Lord I can't pay for those. Maybe if they were a bit cheaper.. May buy a ring..

These are some sick makings here. I really like those rings even though I don't wear Jewlrey. And uh... TyZi isn't gonna infract me for not criticizing your beautiful crafts, is he?

My etsy prices aren't final, if you're serious feel free to pm me.