Ranking
Original Post
Bot rules
Currently the rules on bots (http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=469766) say that bots cannot talk:
- Bots & Automation

Any nefarious use of unauthorized software will result in harsh reaction from the staff.
a) Any kind of bots playing the game automatically are not allowed. You may use scripts to quickly perform moves, however if you are found AFK-botting, you will be immediately banned.
b) Bots managing rooms without the presence of a human operator are not allowed. Bots may not be /house of any room.
c) Bots are not allowed to be in players list nor use chat.

My suggestion is to make bot allowed to talk, but only when a human triggered the action.

For example, my old BetManagerBot had some useful commands such as !nudgeline, which would tell the user where the nudgeline on a bet server is, or !nudges, which would say how many nudges a user has.

If the rule is because of spam, I think some caveats could be added, such as only allowing a bot to talk where it has OP, or where its owner has. Or maybe only allowing bots to use whisper.
Bots are the equivalent of idle games. You idle to earn currency then come back and spend it.
Whole lotta Gang Shit (^:
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
What's the point of it though

I want to bring back FranBets, which lots of people liked, and to make the bet manager bot useful some commands have to use the chat, such as !nudges, which tell the user how many nudges it has available.
Originally Posted by Gang View Post
Bots are the equivalent of idle games. You idle to earn currency then come back and spend it.

If you were to read the rules, you would see that "Bots managing rooms without the presence of a human operator are not allowed", I'm not asking to have that rule changed, so I don't see what's your point.

I don't get what you're saying. Are you talking about video-game AI like, for example, Counter-Strike bots?
Tananpro: yes. But not saying they're exactly alike, but it's the Toribash equivalent. And Fran: I wasn't saying anything towards you, it was taken out of context. Surge said "what's the point tho" pretty sure he was referring to botting without an operator, and I was giving a different perspective. People use bots like idle games, which when you really think about it, make the same amount of sense. You idle to earn currency, and spend the currency on the game to idle more. Buuuttttt in Toribash I guess it is different and has a different motive because most people who bot without an operator, do so to make TC with no effort, and then sell it for real money.
Tananpro: yes. But not saying they're exactly alike, but it's the Toribash equivalent. And Fran: I wasn't saying anything towards you, it was taken out of context. Surge said "what's the point tho" pretty sure he was referring to botting without an operator, and I was giving a different perspective. People use bots like idle games, which when you really think about it, make the same amount of sense. You idle to earn currency, and spend the currency on the game to idle more. Buuuttttt in Toribash I guess it is different and has a different motive because most people who bot without an operator, do so to make TC with no effort, and then sell it for real money.

What Fran wants to make is something similar to irc-bot for a betting server, not video-game AI.
i understand that, and as someone who has hosted bets, it's a useful idea, wasn't saying anything towards y'all, my bad if it seemed that way. If y'all manage creating a script that works nicely pm me.
Oh, cool, a pm with the /ls would be cool.
-----
Some scripts don't work anymore for some reason, figured when he said "my old bot manager" that it didn't work anymore.
Last edited by sk8er360; Feb 23, 2018 at 09:51 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump