ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REL]Ravine parkour
I haven't officially published mods I've made for a long time so I figured it was to do so.

Nothing fancy or amazing but hopefully fun and challenging.

Pic

Also a rushed replay to showcase it.
Attached Files
Jisse_Parkour_Ravine.tbm (11.4 KB, 295 views)
Jisse - Cinder monkey.rpl (611.6 KB, 181 views)
Not looked at it in-game yet, but as far as I can tell, it looks great and very challenging. Maybe a replay soon from me.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
You mother fucking glorious bastard

Thanks, Know what i'm doing this weekend
Replay up in a day or so

Annywho, Looks fucking amazing
speecheless
-----
Scratch that, Did some halfshit replay
Fun as shit though

Love the mod to death, Another masterpiace Jiss <3
Attached Files
#Xioi- PK- Ravine Explorer.rpl (508.1 KB, 93 views)
Last edited by Xioi; Apr 4, 2014 at 09:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
Its challenging as hell for sure. Lazy mod.

only made the ravine part, rocks dont just form in a V shape like that. looks like you went random with the platforms and called it a day. You could have at least tried when making it.

boring mod is boring 4/10
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
Its challenging as hell for sure. Lazy mod.

It's supposed to be challenging
only made the ravine part, rocks dont just form in a V shape like that. looks like you went random with the platforms and called it a day. You could have at least tried when making it.

I'll have you know that I've got better things to do than spending my precious time making enviorment nobody will ever see. It's a ravine mod, not a landscape.
The ravine is V shaped to support wallruns and such, watch Xioi's replay, he demonstrated it quite well. Perfectly vertical walls are no fun at all, and look even less natural.
I'm not sure why you think it looks random or effortless, because it's not, it's an organized chaos, but perhaps you're not experienced enough to see the possibilities it creates. Stick to flat block mods and premade runs, you might have more fun with those.

For the next time you decide to comment on other people's creations, if you don't like it, tell them what they could have done better rather than just dropping by a "it was bad and lazy".
Originally Posted by jisse View Post
For the next time you decide to comment on other people's creations, if you don't like it, tell them what they could have done better rather than just dropping by a "it was bad and lazy".

I told you what you could have done instead. actually attempt to make a enviro and dont plop shapes around.

Would it really be time consuming to actually make it look like a ravine?http://gyazo.com/41fda4b2956596b2f52e82c4d5cd7ba3 The top right shows what im talking about. Theres a semi flat part at the top. like 4 more blocks and youre done. lol.

When did I comment on the walls?

In the midst of getting butthurt over me dropping my opinions, you were too quick to see I complimented with "its challenging as hell for sure" challenge is good.

nice little insult kid. This mod wouldnt be hard to make. Im not at all saying its the worst thing ever, Im just saying you didnt really try. Parkour mod prodigy Jisse everybody, at his finest. Slow clap awaiting.
Last edited by Mzebra; Apr 5, 2014 at 06:07 AM.
I told you what you could have done instead. actually attempt to make a enviro and dont plop shapes around.

You did not tell me what I could have done better. And there's no "plopping shapes around". It's a semi freeroam mod, there's no clear path to take so you have to think for yourself which adds to the challenge.

This is not constructive critizism, you simply posted what you thought was bad. Rather than leaving suggestions as to what I could have improved you decided to approach me with a rude and disrespecful attitude, not a good way to leave a first impression.
I'm not saying you're not allowed to dislike my mods, or even me as a person, but acting like a little brat won't make you friends. We don't know eachother, so there's no reason at all to insult me or my work rather than trying to help. CnC is fine, blatant insults are not.

Would it really be time consuming to actually make it look like a ravine?http://gyazo.com/41fda4b2956596b2f52e82c4d5cd7ba3 The top right shows what im talking about. Theres a semi flat part at the top. like 4 more blocks and youre done. lol.

The ravine is the only thing you need to see, the walls are high so you don't have to gaze at the wasteland around it. Imagine yourself standing at the bottom of the ravine, looking up. You would see the walls and the sky, not the land around it, so there's no reason what so ever to make it. Had this been a landscape mod it would have been a whole other story, but it's not, it's just a ravine and you don't have to move your camera out of it.
When did I comment on the walls?

rocks dont just form in a V shape like that.

I assumed you were reffering to the V shape of the ravine itself, if not, please explain.
In the midst of getting butthurt over me dropping my opinions, you were too quick to see I complimented with "its challenging as hell for sure" challenge is good.

nice little insult kid. This mod wouldnt be hard to make. Im not at all saying its the worst thing ever, Im just saying you didnt really try. Parkour mod prodigy Jisse everybody, at his finest. Slow clap awaiting.

Seeing as you're negative towards the "random" shapes of the mod making it harder than most parkour mods I'd say your compliment was pretty hard to catch, especially since you followed it up with "Lazy mod". One may easily think of it as another negative comment.

Never have spoken of my self as a "parkour mod prodigy", that's a silly and pathetic comment.
Before calling me a butthurt kid please note that I'm used to people not liking everything I do, or even hating it. This is the internet, not a jolly meadow full of cottoncandy and rainbows. I'm used to it and I ain't even mad.

This conversation isn't leading anywhere, so please don't post here again.
But feel free to PM me if you wish to continue circlejerking.
this was a really fun parkour for me just like the cyber parkour please excuse meh terrible replay skills any advice at all would be a really big help i just started parkour about 2-3 months ago
Attached Files
wip JIsse ravine .rpl (390.5 KB, 24 views)
cyber parkour.rpl (443.0 KB, 22 views)