Ranking
Original Post
nurse's music passion dump blog type thing
i'm a huge music fan i always have been for as long as i've been around i was listening to deftones and tool because of my parents, getting upset with my parents as a baby if they didn't put on live shows of david bowie, etc. this has continued into adulthood and i need a place to put all of it so i'm gonna just fucking unload a bunch of info onto this thread about music.

this is my rym account its where i catalogue all the music i listen to. if you look at my list called "2022" you will find everything i've listened to in the year 2022, currently 245 projects listened to mostly albums sometimes eps even less of sometimes they're singles. none of any specific genre just whatever i'm feeling at the moment, theres everything in this list from playboi carti to some hard to find obscure post hardcore, some fun girly power pop just anything you can think of. i recently listened to Die Lit by playboi carti and loved it really didn't expect to like it as much as i did. if you meander your way onto my normal ratings you'll see that i'm at 588 ratings all time. scroll a bit above that and you'll see i do a milestone thing, i'll paste it here because its interesting statistics.

milestones

i usually try and make it so they land on something special, like the giles corey rating and the microphones rating were both planned in advance as they're some of my friends' favorites and i ended up really enjoying them they're some of my favorites now too. speaking of my favorites if you end up on my rating graph thing you'll notice my top ratings are a little conservative, i dont really know why that is but i like having the more important albums to me be up by themselves in a secret club kinda thing lol.

my 5/5s

compared to my 588 ratings only having 11 5/5s is something i've found isn't too common. idk must be fun seeing how people like to do their rating trends bc my friends who are into music like this find it very interesting. you'll also notice the vinyl tag on some of these i've been collecting vinyl since i was like twelve (which is why i own like a fourth of the weezer discography)

top two shelves

7" picture

some 7" records, that brink manuever single i've had a hard time finding online. very cool own.

bottom misc shelf

bottom shelf has some more stuff other than records you'll see some very very thick records from what has to be the 40s. very strange find, they're all christmas songs but because their rpm is so fast (i couldn't tell you what it is off the top of my head but they sound slow on 45) they're not fun to listen to unless you're high as fuck lol, and even then i'd rather just listen to flood.

when i went on my trip to see my boyfriend i ended up dragging him and our friend to the record store every other day. i had a lot of fun it was a very cool store, our friend told me that he couldn't think of a better place for me than working in a record store and i think it's a compliment i'll take to the grave.

boyfriend in record store

this is one of my favorite pictures ever. my boyfriend going through the records. he bought a few himself!! told me he was going to get a record player, that made me feel very proud of myself indoctrinating him into my evil music cult.

i also make music, its a lot of fun just focusing on a project for a while. very nice place to dump all my creativity. here's just a link to my spotify page if you're interested its not something i think most people will like unless you're into the weirder stuff, though i do have some cute little acoustic tracks so who knows go looking if you care that much, i mean you read this whole thing already didn't you? go look then silly.

and as a little gift for reading all this here's an unreleased song i just recently finished up.

i will continue to update this every once in a while (assuming i don't get hit by a meteor and then get struck by lightning) this is just the first little introduction post to be like hey i'm a fucking dork pay attention to me if you want to care.

OH ALSO QUICK EDIT I'M TOTALLY COOL WITH PEOPLE COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD DON'T THINK I'LL HISS AND SCREAM AT YOU I'D LOVE TO TALK ABOUT MUSIC THO I'D PREFER TO DO IT ON DISCORD SO ADD ME IF U WANT TO HAVE A PROLONGUED CHAT OKAY BYE BYE
Last edited by Nurse; Dec 24, 2022 at 05:26 PM.
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
we may have had disagreements in the past but honestly your music taste is a W

I wasn't huge into music until I was 13 when I listened to a testament record and i was like "yo this shit is gas", and i've been exploring it more

my most recent topster (first 13 are 10/10 for me) may seem pretty linear but it's my taste

topster

Huge into metal (melo, prog, tech death personal favorite) and hip-hop, recently listened to quadeca's and nas' new lp's, pretty good shit, can't believe quadeca dissed KSI at one point lmao; I've been exploring other genres like math and noise rock, thanks for the introduction to boris, pretty killer. Also listened to a lot of TWICE recently.

death is my favorite band, and by extension artist, of all time, and nothing will ever change that fact

if you ever want to recommend me anything hmu, would love to explore a lot more
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
Originally Posted by piss View Post

I wasn't huge into music until I was 13 when I listened to a testament record and i was like "yo this shit is gas", and i've been exploring it more

my most recent topster (first 13 are 10/10 for me) may seem pretty linear but it's my taste

topster

Huge into metal (melo, prog, tech death personal favorite) and hip-hop, recently listened to quadeca's and nas' new lp's, pretty good shit, can't believe quadeca dissed KSI at one point lmao; I've been exploring other genres like math and noise rock, thanks for the introduction to boris, pretty killer. Also listened to a lot of TWICE recently.

death is my favorite band, and by extension artist, of all time, and nothing will ever change that fact

from the stuff i recognize this is a very very good topster W black midi i've heard jid is really real good album quadeca is honestly my album of the year so seeing that so low is weird 2 me and also LP! is great

my official 2022 topster

here is a great album by my friend authks and here is my rym review.

A Milestone Moment in Authks' Career

Thoughts:

Authks has a very very good grasp on how to make something that really has no business being emotional emotional. Don't get me wrong there are some very blatant emotional moments, and they are crafted delicately even if they can be a bit minimal at times they still sound very full. That being said: these dance tracks feel so melancholic put into the context of the rest of the album, and can we talk about the concept??? I mean hello this is fucking genius shit dude. Having all these little completely different pieces fit together into this perfect little puzzle is an achievement in of itself.

If i were to criticize anything on this album i would say that there are some moments where I think the vocals really suffer. I will say Authks vocals have shown incredible improvement over the past years, and I can excuse some of the faults to just being growing pains, because I can really relate with my art. I get to cheat a little, and like them anyway because I do just like hearing my friends art, but if that's not something you can handle I totally understand. Just give him the credit he deserves because when he hits by god does he hit.

Highlights:

Hearing Memories for the first time was insane. Having the honor to be sampled on this song is something I will hold very closely from now on. The vocal performance is outstanding, and amazingly mixed. Well done my friend.

The synth lead in Telephone on the back half of that song is very cute, and catchy. One of my favorite little moments, on top of the transition from Telephone to Listen to Me being really good is just a cherry on top. The sample being amazing, and that drum pattern being very very good. The switch-up for the outro too is really good too; And while I'm in this little 3 song stretch I'd like to say that Exstacy and really all the other short dance songs on the album are really really good.

Every single thing about The Darkness of My Culture Is amazing, those fucking vocals! That first section with the sexy beat is amazing, The switch up is really really cool. I get a very very overwhelming sense of dread listening to that hypnotic beat. The production too really makes it feel like I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be. The way this leads into Rest in Peace Spooky Black a very short interlude regarding [Artist1014134], and then directly into Ramen Noodles is amazing. A complete and total tonal shift, Ramen Noodles is one of my favorites on the whole album. It's insane droning terrifying synths like screams suddenly transitioning into a dance beat is terrifyingly creative, not to mention fucking awesome.

His Love Felt Like This is another highlight to me because of the context behind it. To quote Authks: "his love felt like was a recording of a rave me and my ex went to some tike before us breaking up this was like my parting thank u for our time together"
. The way this track is implemented into the album seamlessly, and knowing the context behind it makes it so so so much cooler than it already is. Just knowing that this is a very emotional moment for the two of them elevates it to being something incredibly special; More than a sample its art in of itself.

Closing Thoughts:

This is an absolutely gigantic leap in quality, and creativity from Authks; Chidi is a very creative album with a concept I've never seen executed this well. I would usually say I'm excited to hear his next project, though something tells me I might be a little more involved with his next project. ;)
/
Yes, I was sampled on this album
Yes, I do personally know the artist

/
/
I went into the album completely blind, which is why I think its acceptable for me to rate, and review it.
/
/
Also, I would like to say that me enjoying this album, is yes a little elevated by the fact that I personally know the artist THOUGH that does not mean I wouldn't enjoy this if a complete stranger made it.

shelby#8266
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
Wow, this is a lot. I have always loved music and always been listening to a lot of it, let me talk about my history of my music taste and stuff I like: So, I am not your typical music listener... I am what other may call a "hipster" in terms of what type of media I consume. I rarely listen to a band or an artist you may see on the radio or any music streaming network, ever since i was little, I was very interested in music, watching music videos every day on TV on channels like MTV and such, but, what brought me to love music as much as I do nowadays is video games. If you analyze all the music I listen, you can somehow link it to a past game I played. Now, for the interesting part, what music I like to listen: Always been a fan of electronic music, be it EDM (not nowadays since it has become very bland and generic imo), chiptune, drum and bass, synthwave, vaporwave, trance, progressive stuff, even ambient music. I am also a huge jazz fan, bossa nova, big bang, fusion and relatives. Even though I do listen to a lot of different types of music, it's rare that I get interested enough in an artist music that I search for their other work, it must really be something unique or extremely well made for me to look for more of the same artist. Being so influenced by video game music, it is obvious that I am listen to a lot of video game OSTs, which I will write another post ranking my favorites
You just lost the game
I am not a scammer
[L2]
Obey
Originally Posted by sleep View Post
Wow, this is a lot. I have always loved music and always been listening to a lot of it, let me talk about my history of my music taste and stuff I like: So, I am not your typical music listener... I am what other may call a "hipster" in terms of what type of media I consume. I rarely listen to a band or an artist you may see on the radio or any music streaming network, ever since i was little, I was very interested in music, watching music videos every day on TV on channels like MTV and such, but, what brought me to love music as much as I do nowadays is video games. If you analyze all the music I listen, you can somehow link it to a past game I played. Now, for the interesting part, what music I like to listen: Always been a fan of electronic music, be it EDM (not nowadays since it has become very bland and generic imo), chiptune, drum and bass, synthwave, vaporwave, trance, progressive stuff, even ambient music. I am also a huge jazz fan, bossa nova, big bang, fusion and relatives. Even though I do listen to a lot of different types of music, it's rare that I get interested enough in an artist music that I search for their other work, it must really be something unique or extremely well made for me to look for more of the same artist. Being so influenced by video game music, it is obvious that I am listen to a lot of video game OSTs, which I will write another post ranking my favorites

I honestly love IDM i need to get into it more, i've been on a rage kick recently its actually really really good. you mighy be pretty interested in this though its incredibly popular so it'll be out of your comfort zone a bit, though i think coming from an EDM/IDM background would help you appreciate the more quality music being put out for this genre like specifically the song miss the rage ive been fucking obsessed with production of that song. ALSO!! you should totally check put that song i mentioned it has a lot of techno, jungle, rave inspired moments and i think you might have fun with it going a tiny bit outside your comfort zone.

Originally Posted by piss View Post

topster

OKAY, i'm a bit more sober now and can fully dive into this message.

I'd like to recommend you (and anyone else interested in this thread, i see you browsing come pay attention its fun) 4 albums or so and if you ever listen to them seriously feel free to come back to this thread and let me hear about it i'd love to.

1. prog inspired post punk that will make your head fall off

2. amazing ambient drone album from boris

3. girlbossing in the atlanta underground

4. fun girly pop from singapore

this post was fun to make i might do more recommendations (THOUGH IT WONT BE FUCKING FOUR AGAIN JESUS CHRIST THE EFFORT GOING INTO THESE POSTS ITS ALMOST LIKE I CARE OR SOMETHING!!)
Last edited by Nurse; Dec 24, 2022 at 07:21 PM.
shelby#8266
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
this is huge, thanks for helping me out with my stuff

p.s whenever we collab add the music here
Originally Posted by nasa View Post
this is huge, thanks for helping me out with my stuff

p.s whenever we collab add the music here

of course nasa thank you for the kind words!

i wanted to make a quick post saying if you're interested in music this might be a good thread to subscribe to i'll be making frequent updates to this thread but its a lot easier with some participation so the more people interested the higher quality this thread will be! i love sharing my music with music and i'm glad people have stopped by to say hi and talk about their own music journeys! that makes me very happy to see.
shelby#8266
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
I enjoy listening to 1 A.M Study Session �� - [lofi hip hop/chill beats] while at work
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Indonesian? | Magical Mode!
Chronoptic energy bursts from one plane to the other, evaporating anything it touches.

Originally Posted by ryuu View Post
I enjoy listening to 1 A.M Study Session �� - [lofi hip hop/chill beats] while at work

love some good instrumental hip hop, been wanting to check out kenny beats' new album its been sitting here on my tabs for a while now.

i was just downstairs listening to marty robbins' gunfighter ballads and trail songs an album i have owned on vinyl for many years but never really listened to. i have to say i was FLOORED by how good it was! the care put into the composition of every song is great, all very very catchy songs with unique melodies especially for this time period i feel like thats a very rare thing. the stories these songs told too wow it was so vivid its just like marty is there in person with you telling his stories. i see now why cowboy culture in movies and stuff is so prevalent its because of this amazing album! the melody on they're hanging me tonight is so so so so good, and not to mention the melody on the classic big iron. amazing guitar work too very good tones, set the precedent for the cowboy vibe for sure.

cowboy swag

Last edited by Nurse; Dec 24, 2022 at 11:53 PM.
shelby#8266
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify

EASIEST COP OF MY LIFE

look how they're talking abt me

i would never advertise on this thread its too personal but this is also incredibly personal so im not telling you from a marketing perspective im telling you from a personal perspective i put a lot a lot a LOOT of my passion for music into this and if this interests you search up mentalt syk on bandcamp and listen to the single i just put out.
Last edited by Nurse; Dec 26, 2022 at 11:50 AM.
shelby#8266
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify