Toribash
Original Post
Unibash Applications

READ ME

DO NOT APPLY IF YOU JUST WANT POWER
OR IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE INACTIVE
You will just get kicked within a few days.

Anyway, Unibash has been going through some serious development lately. We have been creating new branches, new teams, making events, merging branches and teams, and many more things that im sure you would like to hear about.

We are a little low on staff members right now. This is due to the recent cleanup of inactive/unproductive members. We will not tolerate inactivity and you will just be removed from whatever it is that you are doing, so dont apply just because you are bored or something.

OPEN POSITIONS
PortuBash Teacher
EnglishBash Teacher
The Unibash Team Member
RusBash Teacher
GermanBash
SpanishBash

REQUIREMENTS

Overall Requirements
Must hold at least two classes per week for any teaching position.
Must be active (just in general)
Must be active ingame.
Must have access to a computer with Toribash downloaded and playable.
Must be professional and kind to your students.
Must speak English fluently.

PortuBash Teacher
Must speak Portuguese fluently.
Write your application in Portuguese and English.

EnglishBash Teacher
Write your application in English.

The Unibash Team
Must be very active ingame.
Must be able to create QUALITY events.

RusBash Teacher
Must speak Russian fluently.
Write your application in Russian and English.

GermanBash Teacher
Must speak German fluently.
Write your application in German and English.

SpanishBash Teacher
Must speak Spanish fluently.
Write your application in Spanish and English.

Application Formats

Teacher Positions

The Unibash Team Position

Fill it out to the best of your ability and you should be fine.
Also Title your PM with the position you are applying for. Example: EnglishBash Teacher Application

ONLY APPLY FOR ONE POSITION
SERIOUSLY

Send all of your applications to Bloob, Tryton and Tarlan
Good luck!
Last edited by Bloob; Apr 25, 2011 at 04:52 AM.
Bloob, im taking applications in spanishbash board, there is the thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=264290, Made 5 days ago...
Could you remove spanishbash from there?
Oldschool / M5k / Contact KiTFoX
I'm back
Originally Posted by Master5000 View Post
Bloob, im taking applications in spanishbash board, there is the thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=264290, Made 5 days ago...
Could you remove spanishbash from there?

Its fine, any we get from that we will just post them in your thread.
You really should consider removing the bold text at the top of your post. Anyone with common sense will already know that, and I am guessing you won't even consider people that don't have common sense, so why even put it there in the first place? If you feel you have to explain it to the applicants, I don't think you should be accepting applications at all.

Oh and what power does a teacher have? If you, once again, are bringing it up in the first place, you would have to personally think a teacher has some form of power, correct?

And last but not least... Putting that huge text there is very condescending, do I smell a bit of "in it for the power" going on here?
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
Originally Posted by Bust3r View Post
You really should consider removing the bold text at the top of your post. Anyone with common sense will already know that, and I am guessing you won't even consider people that don't have common sense, so why even put it there in the first place? If you feel you have to explain it to the applicants, I don't think you should be accepting applications at all.

Oh and what power does a teacher have? If you, once again, are bringing it up in the first place, you would have to personally think a teacher has some form of power, correct?

And last but not least... Putting that huge text there is very condescending, do I smell a bit of "in it for the power" going on here?

Actually i have recieved applications for multiple things from one person before, that is why i put it there.

A teacher does not have any power, but when you put a thread in News accepting applications for something it is expected that everyone will apply. What i really meant was that i dont want anyone to apply just because they are bored. Also i dont know if they think a teacher has power or not, i just put it there as a precaution.

I dont see how putting large text in a post means that i am power hungry or something. I put it there because i want to get a point across and people who are like "durr hurr tl;dr" will at least see that. If you are referring to the large text on the bottom, then i put that there because people who arent supposed to be getting applications are. It is frustrating.

On another note, we will be accepting applications until friday.
Uh, if that text was there for people who are "durr hurr tl;dnr"... You kind of just proved my point?
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
Must hold at least two classes per week for any teaching position

If I were to apply and get accepted. Is this something I have to stick to?
I mean, it's not like I'm going to get paid for doing this, I'd do it to try and pass on my knowledge that I have picked up from other people. I'd be doing it out of kindness. Forcing someone to work voluntarily with no reward isn't really right, it's slave labour.

You say that people applying shouldn't apply just for the 'power' but what's the incentive other than having a cool usertitle? I'm happy to volunteer to help a few guys out but I don't really want to be tied down to something that I'm not really being rewarded for.

I dont see how putting large text in a post means that i am power hungry or something

It's an obvious exertion of power. Your use of imperatives suggests that you are in a position where you can boss those below you around and don't feel the need to be polite about. And yeah, what Bust3r just said.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
surf nobody is forcing you to do anything, but you dont have to hold two classes per se. You just have to be active twice a week, be that holding a class, a private lesson, or helping someone out on IRC in #unibash.

As for the other thing, i may be wrong or i may be right, either way this isnt really the place to talk about it.
I sent my app as Unibash Application but it was before you edited it to Put English or Spanish etc.
Will it still be read?
Just by living, people hurt others without even realizing it. So long as humanity exists, hate will also exist. There is no peace in this cursed world. War is just a crime paid for by the pain of the defeated...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]