Ranking
Original Post
Help Squad recruitment (new usergroup)
Hey guys. Today we're introducing a new usergroup called the Help Squad. The main focus of this usergroup is to improve problem-solving response times.

What is the Help Squad?

Like I said, the Help Squad ensures that users receive adequate help and support when it is needed. Members of the usergroup will have a colored username on the forums and a section on the "View Toribash Staff" page. Help Squad is to the help and support boards as Market Squad is to the market boards.

What would a Help Squad member be tasked with?

Typically, a Help Squad member will:

-> Respond to Support threads with knowledgeable solutions to user issues
-> Real-time support in the #support IRC channel
-> Relay bugs and stuff to appropriate developers/administrators
-> Maintain the FAQ
-> Help and welcome users in the Beginner's Sanctuary
-> Ensure that Reports are receiving adequate attention and are properly categorized
-> Maintain a professional image when helping or otherwise interacting with users

What kind of people are the Help Squad looking for? How can I apply?

A Help Squad member should be friendly and possess a decent amount of technical know-how when it comes to the game or the forum. Proper training will be available for less-experienced members. Help Squad members should also write some purty good english.

To apply, send a private message to box, Wizard, or any Super Moderator. Available times and prior experience are the most important points we want to read about. Please do not submit an application in this thread! Thread is to ask questions about the scope of the usergroup and other discussion involving the Help Squad.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
So being that hs is the ms for the help board does this mean they get the same threatment as hs not being op in irc and also can hs ban people? I want to say no but I'm unsure

From what I can tell, Help squad is here to help people, not police people.
They would have no reason to ban people, as what they should be doing is welcoming people, fixing their problems and being friendly, helping the "nice" people. On the other end is the smods and Event Squad, who Police the forums and game, and deal with the "not nice people"

(my point of view at least)

So being that hs is the ms for the help board does this mean they get the same treatment as ms not being op in irc

Also will hs get something next to their name ingame?
Or a colored name
Last edited by Pimp; Mar 16, 2016 at 02:20 PM.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Also will hs get something next to their name ingame?
Or a colored name

Stated in the thread
Originally Posted by box
Members of the usergroup will have a colored username on the forums and a section on the "View Toribash Staff" page.

So I guess it'll only be on the forums.
Last edited by Cripplz; Mar 16, 2016 at 02:34 PM.
I'm only cleaning here..
Many will apply just to have colored names so basically if you want this task you dont need to worry about that.

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
Originally Posted by spcr View Post
Many will apply just to have colored names so basically if you want this task you dont need to worry about that.

Since this is basically market squad but on the help board i thought i was appropriate to ask since market squad have $in game and their jobs don't really deal with in game just because the question isn't relevant to getting the position doesn't mean it should be tossed aside also will hs get op or half op in irc since market squad don't i assume they won't but it wasn't stated
Originally Posted by Cripplz View Post
Stated in the thread

So I guess it'll only be on the forums.

This group isn't needed in-game. It is only forum wise
. LETS GET FUCKED UP
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
This group isn't needed in-game. It is only forum wise

But market squad are only forum wise as well so that doesn't make sense ad i'm pretty sure if some needs help assessing a bug in game you will be obliged to join just like how market squad sometimes go in game to sort out duels they can't ban anyone but any helping out in a problem is good and I'm sure is within jurisdiction
Last edited by Pimp; Mar 16, 2016 at 07:05 PM.
But market squad are only forum wise as well so that doesn't make sense ad i'm pretty sure if some needs help assessing a bug in game you will be obliged to join just like how market squad sometimes go in game to sort out duels they can't ban anyone but any helping out in a problem is good and I'm sure is within jurisdiction

And in that situation the person who HS is helping ingame already knows they're coming and who they are, so they don't need additional recognition.

When MS needs to get involved with ingame stuff they need to be recognized and they need to have admin (ETA: next patch). HS have no reason to have ingame perms.
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 16, 2016 at 09:32 PM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
And in that situation the person who HS is helping ingame already knows they're coming and who they are, so they don't need additional recognition.

When MS needs to get involved with ingame stuff they need to be recognized and they need to have admin (ETA: next patch). HS have no reason to have ingame perms.

ok thx for the answer
would you also know if they get op in irc?
The Hsquad only need to know about forum or about ingame too ?
Like error messages or problems with connection ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(NimbleThief) I'm fag?
(NimbleThief) I agree