Ranking
By far the best so far.

Now it's just personal color preferences. Yeah Im not all for the bubbly background.

The crysis hexagon texture would work good for that. I hope you had the character on another layer. I'll see if I can find the texture I'm talking about.

Another cool thing (bonus tcs) would be if the space between the hexagons were background shade and the hexagons were like little islands popping out, with the suit on top with the border shading you have.

But yeah, you sure are in the lead! (although I beat you to the outlining idea with evacs avatar! ;P lol it's better that it was hand colored)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
By far the best so far.

Now it's just personal color preferences. Yeah Im not all for the bubbly background.

The crysis hexagon texture would work good for that. I hope you had the character on another layer. I'll see if I can find the texture I'm talking about.

Another cool thing (bonus tcs) would be if the space between the hexagons were background shade and the hexagons were like little islands popping out, with the suit on top with the border shading you have.

But yeah, you sure are in the lead! (although I beat you to the outlining idea with evacs avatar! ;P lol it's better that it was hand colored)

I don't get it...

Edit: I think I get what you mean, like this?

Last edited by mooman1994; Aug 18, 2009 at 02:28 AM.
Not quite, to both.

Like.....

See how this "o" is separated?

So if the background is like....

o |o o o
o |||o o
|||||o o
|||||||o

o=hexagon
|=suit

(sorry, no access to computer)
instead of them being connected by a common background, the hexagons are separated by the color of the forums. I can so it myself if it's still unclear. I'm not TOTALLY handicapped when it comes to nontexture art XD

Eh there's a false border formed by the cutoff of the blob things. Notice how my current one has no abrupt edge formed by the limits of the avatar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
Oops. the OTHER way around.

The hexagons are non-forums, while the spaces between are forum colored

:|

Sorry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
ok thanks!

Make sure none of the hexagons are cut off too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
How about larger near the avatar and growing smaller as it goes away. It doesn't have to be a square pattern. the border can be circular as the hexagons get smaller.

Also wider spaced apart.

(actually nvm about the changing size,, just larger and wider spaced apart)

A copy pasted hexagon would work too.

EDIT: I can buy the top image for 15k if you'd prefer that.
Last edited by DarkJak; Aug 19, 2009 at 04:54 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]