ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
far range attack/running?
well......im tryn to do a far range attack but i can really find a way to get to uke..... LOL so i tryd using a move i made when i started playing......(the first flip to get to uke) but when i got to uke, i had no idea on how to attack him cuz my legs couldn't really get to where he wuz....tbut i ended up getting a good 20000 points or so....heres the replay
Attached Files
Clanless? Join The Chosen Ones User was supported by SAN STUDIOS!
Well, the Runners League had one, made by Verax. He had two of them, but it is deleted now.

I do not even know if I still remember how to explain it correctly, if you really want a tutorial, just say so, and I will ask Verax to dig up a copy of it.
In order to complete a long range attack, you really have to first establish forward momentum (in the direction of uke) as fast as possible. Once you are moving forward, it's just a matter of keeping yourself moving and putting yourself in a good attack position.
Here's an edit I did of your replay where Instead of kicking off the ground and moving sideways, I moved towards uke. After that, it was really easy getting to uke. in your replay, you kicked off the ground with a contracted hip, which sorta just made you front flip to the side. I extended it back which pushed me forward instead.
The split kick and armthrow were just for show ;P

Also I dont suggest you learn walking until you are more used to your tori's joint functions and till you understand how to move around effectively. But if you really want to learn, I think there is a video tutorial somewhere that someone made. I cba to find it.
Attached Files
long range kick stuff.rpl (114.1 KB, 210 views)
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
If you guys want to know how to run this is a simple but ineffective way hold all relax knees lower should contract left hip extend right hip then extend left hip contract right hip and it just repeats and if you lucky it works! Hope this helped!
To get in a good launch position for a forward jump, it is simplest to relax all and contract knees, then wait a few frames until your Tori is on the ground with his lower legs (part between the ankle and knee) flat on the ground. Then just lean forward and extend your knees to kick off the ground, either contracting or extending hips and ankles for a higher or longer jump.

All in all, moving a single joint one way or the other can change the whole outcome, so try experimenting a bit in game and find what works and what doesn't.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
If u want using Verax Run:
Set mod sambo.tbm, set engagedistance 1000 and:

Hold all, contract hips and abs

space x2

Extend hips, hold abs, relax both pecs, contract both elbows

space x2

Contract right hip, relax right knee

space x2

Extend right hip, contract left hip, relax left knee

space x3

Contract right hip, extend left hip

space x3

Extend right hip, contract left hip

space x4

Contract right hip, extend left hip

You should run
Attached Files
run.rpl (49.2 KB, 109 views)
Last edited by schmicer; Jul 9, 2009 at 07:44 AM.
yea u can use that run but lotsa ppl know it.

here is my signature run. just because its the first 1 i made, i usually do more relaxed ones now. anyway i dont tell people how to do it but here a replay.
Attached Files
monster signature run.rpl (183.8 KB, 117 views)