Ranking
View Poll Results: Would you like to see the return of the rep system?
Sure
120 Votes / 78.43%
Nah
33 Votes / 21.57%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Please don't. Nothing turned me off more as a newcomer than receiving bad rep when I started out and having that orange icon next to my name. All that because you post in the wrong place a few times since you don't know the rules.
Last edited by Liquidoom; Feb 13, 2017 at 10:21 PM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
We could use only positive rep ^

It would be less cancerous that way.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
In an instance, on the trading forum on csgo people give +/- rep and for the most part it is completely useless and not cherished one bit, now I wasn't around in 2008 but it could be different, but as years go on people change, I feel that the rep system would be looked past and only few take it serious. That is just what I think.
Rep was stupid if you didnt settle for some bullshit deal they -rep'd you

not to mention the HUGE circlejerk in tutorials where everyone suddenly LOVED helping the community
its like they all turned into royals who just genuinely enjoy helping people right when rep came around

shits cancerous honestly people stop being fun and start being polite and formal and FUCK DAT tbhonestly
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Rep system was about as bad as when clans would request post counts in an app. I dont see how it would relate back to Toribashes "glory days." The glory days went away with the users. Using the op example, theres less artists fighting over requests because theres less requests and less artists.

Honestly it would be more effective to show somewhere is someone has any active infractions, but to avoid new players from getting boned, put it so you have to have been on the form for x amount of time. Though, to be honest, after you get 1 infraction for shit posting you should be smart enough to learn to read the rules.

Not to mention the rep system was just another way people could get off to their own horn.

Hell, it cant even be acurate anyway, seeing as theres a decent amount of the community that hates smods, admins, ect. because they do their job. Or maybe I hate Link, but someone else thinks he is great. So the rep systems because more on opinion rather then good deeds.

Heres an idea, how about the staff gets together and commemerate the most helpful and productive users for that month. It would still be an incentive to be a good guy (implement some kind of reward) without having the downside of being able to be abused by the average user. It would have to be a bit more complex then just that, just throwing the idea out there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]